How to Create URL for PDF
One of the best ways to distribute PDF documents is by sharing their links. That way, if you're sending an email, you won't be faced with a large attachment that might bounce back from the recipient's email server. But how to create a URL for PDF in the first place? Where do you store the file, so there's unrestricted access for anyone who has the URL? These questions are all answered in this article.
How to Create a URL Link for a PDF Document
Method 1 to Create a URL for PDF using a File-Sharing Service
To create a URL or link for a PDF document, the document in question must first be saved in a location that allows multiple users to access it. This can be a public file-sharing service like Dropbox or Mega, or even restricted ones like cloud.adobe.com. The essence of the idea is to distribute the link rather than the file to either access and view the file online or download it to their own computers and mobile devices. For example, if you are using Adobe Document Could services, you can follow the steps here:
- In the "Home" interface, click the "Upload a file" button.
- Import the PDF you want to create URL for.
- Go to "Documents" > "Your documents." Check the PDF file and click "Share." And this will generate a URL for PDF.
Method 2 to Create a URL Link for a PDF Document
Apart from public or private file-sharing options, you can also consider uploading it to your own website as a media file. If you do that, the link can be displayed on your site, and people can click it to view or download the PDF by simply clicking on it. Let's see how the process works:
The first step is to get your PDF document ready as well as open a file-sharing service. It can be an FTP program to upload it to your website or just a public cloud-based storage service like Drive or Dropbox. Once you're prepared, follow the steps below to create the URL for your PDF.
- 1. Change the name of your PDF to reflect the content inside. For example, you can call it create-URL-for-pdf.pdf or something like that.
- 2. The second step is for you to upload the file via FTP or to a cloud service. You can do this by logging into your account and having the upload location ready.
- 3. You can now drag the newly renamed PDF file into the folder where you want it stored. If you're using a program provided by your website hosting service, you can use the file upload feature in that program.
- 4. If you added it to your main website folder, your file's URL would now be:
https://pdf.wondershare.com/create-url-for-pdf.pdf- You can also create a special folder for all PDF uploads, so it might also look like this: https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdfdownloads/create-url-for-pdf.pdf
- 5. Now that you have the URL, you can paste it in an article or embed the URL in some graphical elements on your websites, such as an image or even a call to action button. If you're embedding it in HTML, it should look something like this:
Alternatively, you can just paste the URL in an article as a naked link without any anchor text or object to go with it.
The Best PDF Software to Create a URL in PDF
If you want to create a URL inside a PDF document, all you need is a solid PDF editor like PDFelement. It is a feature-rich software application that offers several different PDF functions, as outlined below:
- PDF editing and annotation: Whether you're editing or reviewing someone's work, this tool offers comprehensive capabilities like editing and adding text and image content, modifying and inserting links, etc.
- Protect PDF with passwords and strong encryption to prevent your sensitive data from falling into the wrong hands.
- e-Sign or sign your PDF documents with legally binding digital signatures.
- Manage forms easily and painlessly: This feature allows you to create interactive forms, convert non-editable forms into fillable ones, and even extract form data from multiple PDF files.
- Easy file size optimization and secure PDF sharing: Work securely with your collaborators and share them over the cloud or the Internet in a secure manner.
Using this tool, you can create objects linked to PDF documents, websites, and a lot more. Here's how it's done:
Step 1. Import the document where you want to insert the link.
Step 2. Go to the "Edit" tab at the top and click on the "Link" icon/text in the toolbar that you see below that.
Step 3. In the "Link" dialog window that opens up, pick "Open a File" as your option and click the "…" to choose the PDF file on your computer. You can also control several attributes of the link, such as the type of link to be displayed, its style, color, etc.
Step 4. Hit "Set Link" and the job is done. You can now re-position your link and get it where you want it to be shown. Don't forget to save the file when you're done.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Compress PDF on Linux
- How to Convert PDF to JPG on Linux
- How to Convert PDF to WPS
- How to Convert PDF to Image using PHP
- How to Convert PDF to PNG on Linux