IRS Form W-2c: How to Fill it without any Hassle
You have already filed an IRS Form W-2 to the government that is incorrect. You can use the IRS Form W-2c form which is known as the Corrected Wage and Tax Statement to correct the errors on the form. This form can also correct errors on Forms, W-2AS, W-2CM, W-2VI among others. You are expected to file the Form w-2C form as soon as you discover the error on the original W-2 form.
Your Best Solution to Fill out IRS Form W-2c
While there may be other ways of filling out the W-2C form, the best solution is the ever reliable Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor . This is because PDFelement form filling capabilities is second to none.
With this program, you can write on your PDF, check boxes on PDF and apply digital signatures on your PDF. This is indeed a capability rare in other form fillers. Besides, it is an all-in-one solution that can solve your PDF problems at a reasonable cost. Because in PDFelement, there are other features like splitting, merging, and creation of PDF files among others.
It is not platform dependent as it functions properly in both the Windows and Mac Platforms. It is indeed the best solution to fill out your IRS Form W-2c because all you need to do is to open it on PDFelement and use the program to fill it out. It is just simple and easy.
Instructions for How to Complete IRS Form W-2c
As mentioned earlier, filling out the IRS Form W-2c is not difficult especially if you follow the step-by-step guide below.
Step 1: First of all, you have to visit the Internal Revenue Service website to download the IRS Form W-2c as well as the filling instructions. Open the form with PDFelement and begin filling it out using the program.
Step 2: Write your employer's name, address, and the zip code on column a. This should be followed by the employer's federal employer identification number, the tax year/ form corrected, and the employer's correct social security number. Then check the box on e and complete box f and g if it is incorrect on the form you have filled previously. This means that you have to fill in your previously reported social security number and the name you used initially on f and g respectively. Then write your first name, initials, and last name on h.
Step 3: For each information requested on lines 1 to 8, you will have to report the previous information and the correct information. That means on line 1, you are expected to write down the previously reported wages, tips and other compensation writing on the incorrect form and then write the correct one of wages, tips and other information on the form. Other previously reported and correct information required on the form include the federal income tax withheld, social security wages, social security tax withheld, Medicare wages and tips, Medicare tax withheld, social security tips, allocated tips, and dependent care benefits captured from lines 2 to 10.
Step 4: On line 12, you will have to fill further instructions to fill out line 12a to 12d while you check the appropriate boxes on line 13. For line 14, see other instructions.
Step 5: Go to the state correction information part to fill out both the previously reported information and the corrected one from line 15 to line 17. The information requested here is the employer's state ID number, the state wages, and tips, etc., and the state income tax. All these are expected to be filled for both the previously filed information and the corrected version.
Step 6: The last is the locality correction information. While the initial part deals with state information, this part deals with local information. You are expected to fill in the previously reported information and the correct information in the space provided. The parameters captured at the local level include the local wages, tips, etc., the local income tax, and the locality name from line 18 all through to line 20. Note that this information must be captured both as previously reported and as corrected information.
Tips and Warnings for IRS Form W-2c
- It is important to file the IRS Form W-2c which is the Corrected Wage and tax statement as soon as an error is discovered. Do not take it for granted as it has an impact on your tax report. Also if you are an employer, it is also in your best interest to provide an IRS Form W-2c to your employer as soon as possible.
- It is advisable to always file a Form W- 3c whenever you file a form W-2c even if you are filing the W-2c form to just correct the employee's name or the social security number.
- It is important to note that the IRS Form W-2c does not cover errors from the form 941. This means that when you discover an error on previously filled 941, you must not use the IRS form W-2c to correct it rather you must use the form 941-X to correct it. There have been so much confusion as regards this issue, please take correction if applicable.
- Ensure that you use the correct employer identification number issued by the IRS on your IRS form W-2C.
- Filling with PDFelement is safe. Your information are confidential and cannot be viewed by any third party therefore .
- Ensure you download the printable version of the official the form which is scannable. Note that a penalty may be imposed for filling a form that is not scannable.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Fill in IRS Form 2553
- IRS Form 433-B: Fill it Right the First Time
- IRS Form 1116: The Best Form Filler to Fill it
- Instructions for How to IRS Form 5695
- Instructions for How to Fill in IRS Form 8606