Top 2 Ways to Resize PDF to 200KB
Several tools can be used to share your PDF file with your colleagues or family. However, some of the tools have a file size limit thereby limiting you from sending large PDF files. This makes learning how to compress and resize PDF to 200kb or any other reasonable size that can be easily stored as well as shared an essential skill. Depending on your choice, you can either use an online tool or an offline program to compress and resize PDF file to 200kb.
In this guide, we will introduce the best 2 ways that you can use to resize your PDF to file size to 200KB or less than that.
You can simply resize PDF to200kb in just 3 steps;
- Download. Download PDFelement for Mac from the website and install it on your Mac computer.
- Open PDF. You can import and open the PDF file on the PDFelement in 2 simple ways; using the Open file option or using the drag and drop feature.
- Resize PDF. The steps to reduce your PDF file size are easy and straightforward and it should only take you a few minutes to use PDFelement to compress your document.
How to Resize PDF to 200KB on Mac
There is a whole bunch of programs that can be used to compress PDF files on Mac computer but PDFelement for Mac seems to be the best option for this job. PDFelement is a product of Wondershare and an awesome tool to choose from when working with PDF files. Other than resizing your PDF, this program is capable of encrypting your document with a password thereby ensuring the safety of the content of your PDF. More so, you can convert your PDF file into many more file formats such as MS Word, Excel, and so on.
Key Features of PDFelement for Mac Include
- PDFelement allows you to easily create new PDF files from existing PDF, images, HTML files, and so on because the program supports so many input file formats.
- Output formats such as EPUB, HTML, and PPT are supported allowing easy conversion of PDF files into such file formats.
- The OCR tool is mainly used in converting scanned PDF files and extracting text from images in the PDF.
- PDFelement has the most powerful editing tools with the ability to edit text, images, pages, split, and also merge files.
- The program is user-friendly allowing you to secure the content of your document using a password protection system.
- It is compatible with macOS X 10.12, 10.13, 10.14,10.15 Catalina, and 11 Big Sur
Steps to Resize your PDF File Using PDFelement for Mac
Step 1: Visit the official PDFelement page and download the program on your Mac computer. Follow the designated steps on installing the program on your device.
Step 2: Launch the PDFelement on your Mac computer and open the PDF file that you intend to resize to a 200KB file.
To import the document, click on the Open File tab from the program’s homepage and navigate in the open window to locate the PDF. Select the document and click on the OK button to import the PDF.
You can also choose the file from your Mac computer folders, drag and drop the file on the program’s homepage.
Step 3: Once the PDF file is opened, click on the View tab from the control panel, and then select Add or Edit Text to make any necessary changes to the text or images in the document. It is recommended to edit before compressing or resize a PDF file.
Step 4: From the Control panel, click on the File tab and select the Save As option from the context menu appearing below the control panel. Click on the Optimized PDF tab from the Save As submenu. This will pop up a PDF Optimizer dialog box.
Step 5: The dialog box displays the original PDF size, new PDF file size, the reduced percentage, and the quality of the reduced PDF file. To resize a PDF file, choose one of the qualities displayed that will resize DF to 200KB; low, medium, and high. The lower the quality of the document, the lower the PDF file’s size.
Step 6: Tap on the Save As button to execute the changes made and save the resized PDF file on your Mac computer.
How to Resize PDF Online to 200KB
Sometimes, you may decide to make use of web-based software to edit or resize PDF file to 200KB online in order to avoid going through the troubles of downloading and installing the program on your computer. More so, web-based programs are much faster than offline tools. Smallpdf online tool is among the top-rated and most used tools to edit and manage PDF files. Other than resizing PDF online to 200 kb, you can also convert your PDF files into other formats, protect your PDF, split, merge as well as delete pages.
Step 1: Open the browsing tool and visit the Smallpdf official website from your computer.
Step 2: From the multiple tools displayed by the web-based program, click on the Compress PDF tool.
Step 3: Tap on the Choose Files tab from the page and select the PDF to resize online to less than 200kb. Besides, you drag and drop the PDF file from your Mac computer folders to the program’s tool.
Step 4: Choose either the Basic Compression or Strong Compression option. The Basic Compression resizes your PDF to medium file size with high quality. The Strong Compression, on the other hand, resizes your document to the smallest file size and in good quality.
Step 5: Once the PDF file is compressed, click on the Download button to save the document on your computer.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Resize PDF Online
- How to Work with PDF Forms on Mac
- How to Convert PDF to Word on Mac Free 2021