The Best Way to Redact PDF on Mac
You may wonder how do I blackout text on a PDF? This article shows how to redact PDF on Mac with this powerful PDF redaction tool - PDFelement. Open your PDF in it, and click the Redaction tool to white out the content you need, not only text but also images and pages. Let's keep reading to get more details.
How to Redact a PDF on Mac
PDFelement for Mac is a powerful one-stop-shop for all your PDF needs. Let's take a look at the detailed steps about how to redact PDF documents on Mac including macOS 11.
Step 1. Open PDF
Once you launch the program, you will see the "Open File" button on the Home screen. Click on it to select the PDF that you want to protect through redaction. Once you've done this, click on the "Open" button.
Step 2. Redact PDF on Mac
As mentioned earlier, you can redact text, images, and pages on your PDF by clicking the "Redact" button.
- To redact text and images click on the "Text & Image" button on the top. Now drag the cursor to highlight the desired text or images. Once you release your mouse, the item will be automatically blacked out.
- To redact pages, click the "Pages" button on the top. A new window will appear. Select the page range that you want to redact.
After selecting the content that you want to redact, click on the "Apply" button in the top-right corner. The selected area will be removed permanently. Once you save the document, you will not be able to uncover the redacted area. If you are ok with this, then proceed and apply the changes.
Step 3. Edit Redaction Properties
You can also change the redaction properties if you have a PDF document with redacted content. When you click on the "Redact" button, you can select a preferred color on the top. You can test the changes by redacting parts of the PDF file.
Redacting PDF files is a great way to fully protect them since when you use PDF encryption software, it is still possible that someone can decrypt the file. Therefore, the most effective way to protect confidential information is to remove or cover up sensitive fields or pages permanently through redaction.
Convert to Editable PDF for Redaction on Mac
Step 1. Convert PDF to Editable Word Document
After opening your PDF file in PDFelement for Mac, click the "File" > "Export to" button on the top menu bar to convert it to a Word document. In this case, you'll want to select the "Word" option.
Step 2. Redact in Word
After converting your file to a Word document, you can find the file in the output folder and open it using Word. To learn more details about how to redact in a Word document click here.
Best Tool to Redact PDF on Mac
Although there are different redaction software tools available on the market for Mac, nothing beats PDFelement for Mac. This software is recognized for its ability to edit, convert, create, and OCR PDF files. It also allows you to blackout text, images, and pages permanently, plus perform batch redaction on your PDF. Some of its other features include the ones listed below.
- It lets you modify the text, images, objects, and pages, as well as annotate and highlight using different colors, or add comments, sticky notes, bates numbering, and watermarks, etc.
- This tool supports the creation of PDF files from different sources. It also converts PDF files to editable formats like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Images, etc.
- It allows you to fill PDF forms, sign forms, and create them.
- It includes an OCR functionality that makes image-based or scanned files readable, editable, and searchable.
- It is compatible with macOS 11 ( Big Sur), macOS X 10.15(Catalina), and 10.14 (Mojave).
Best PDF Editor Available for Desktop - PDFelement
|Product Features||PDFelement for iOS||PDFelement for Mac|
|View PDF Files|
|Edit PDF Files|
|Annotations and Comments|
|Create PDF Files|
|Add Watermarks, Backgrounds, Headers and Footers|
|Access to Hundreds of PDF Templates|
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- The Best Way to Redact PDF on Mac
- Top 3 Easiest Ways to Remove Metadata from PDF
- How to Create PDF from Scanner on Mac