10 Best Alternatives to Adobe Acrobat for macOS 12
Adobe Acrobat has been on the best PDF tools for editing PDF files. However, it is too expensive for some people, and probably too complex. Therefore, many people are seeking Adobe Acrobat alternatives for macOS 12 because they want to save money and have an easier time when handling PDF documents. This article provides the best Adobe Acrobat alternatives for macOS 12 in 2023 that include the free and paid, which can perform better and make PDF editing, signing, merging and protecting easier.
10 Adobe Acrobat Alternatives for macOS 12
PDFelement for Mac is a great alternative to Adobe Acrobat for macOS 12 because it offers multiple features in a single platform. It is multi-featured as it possesses multiple ways to manage and manipulate PDFs. It is also a multi-platform PDF tool since it functions in not only Mac computers, but also Windows and iOS devices. This Adobe Acrobat alternative for macOS 12 has great features such as PDF opening, viewing and editing. It converts PDFs to Microsoft office documents such as Word and Excel, HTML and image files, while creating others through blank pages or from images and webpages. It also uses Optical Character Recognition to scan documents, while editing PDF fillable forms.
- It has a wide-range of fonts
- It has a user-friendly interface that makes it easier for beginners to work
- It has advanced OCR technology
- It is compatible with numerous Mac operating systems and thus mostly available for all users
- It is a reliable tool for PDF conversion
- It provides high security of files through redaction and open and permission passwords
- The free version does not allow users to use certain advanced features
- The free version is available with a comprehensive PDF solution
- $79.99/year pro
- macOS 10.10 and above
Download it at https://apps.apple.com/app/id1470732135
2. Foxit PhantomPDF for Mac
Foxit PhantomPDF is also one of the best Adobe Acrobat alternatives for macOS 12 in 2023 because it contains multiple basic function found in Adobe. Such including opening, viewing, printing and annotating PDFs. It is advanced version of Adobe Acrobat because it also carries better features such as creating and editing PDF documents. This all-round solution can handle few to hundreds of pages, and still affords a simple interface that makes it extremely easy to locate the needed tools in the shortest time possible. What’s more, this Adobe Acrobat alternative for macOS 12 comprises of multiple languages and so users across the world can still work on the same PDFs using the same tool without language barriers. As an advanced tool, Foxit PhantomPDF also comes with the OCR feature, which scans pictures, making text editable.
- It has a Business version and Standard version and so users and select the most suitable depending on their version.
- It comes with many different PDF features.
- Some features overload within the software, and so beginners have a hard time learning how to use it.
- $109 for standard version and $139 for the business version
- macOS 10.10 and above
Download it at https://www.foxitsoftware.com/landingpage/phantompdf-mac/
3. Infix PDF Editor
Infix PDF editor is a reliable alternative to Adobe Acrobat for macOS 12 since the product comes with amazing features that you can use to manage your PDFs. It has the ability to edit documents easily and quickly and can also work on Word files, as soon as you convert from PDF files. You no longer have to wonder “what can I use instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader on macOS 12?” because this highly functional and easy to use tool will always be at your disposal whenever you want to convert, edit and manage PDF files. Additionally, it can reformat documents and change font sizes.
- It has a user friendly interface, making it easy for first time users
- It handles others types of documents like Word.
- It can edit fonts
- It is embed multi-language spell-checker so that you can use the correct terms regardless of your language.
- It can inserts a printing module in the printer dialogue during PDF creation.
- It inserts a fixed watermark for filled forms on all PDF outputs.
- The subscription model is often difficult to track and manage.
- $9.9 for one month subscription or $99 for one year subscription
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
Download it at https://mac.filehorse.com/download-infix-pro/
4. Proview PDF Editor
Proview PDF editor for Mac also qualifies as one of the best Adobe Acrobat alternatives for macOS 12 in 2023. It is compatible with macOS 12 and remains outstanding and unique as you explore other PDF applications that have the ability to manage PDF files. It comes with massive features that can definitely help you achieve success with PDF editing projects. So, if you are finding it difficult to edit PDF files, you don't have to worry because Proview can do much, including adding and removing PDF pages from documents. It makes PDF editing quite easy because it is designed to handle the most troublesome PDF files. Additionally, it works quite fast having displayed very clear icons so that you can easily access them. It also provides templates for creating forms instantly.
- It is an interactive and comprehensive PDF tool.
- Proview can assist in formatting any PDF file effectively.
- The software can also trim, and allow working in art boxes.
- It can number or label several pages at the same time.
- The trial version does not remove watermark
- The trail version does not support some features
- It goes for $40
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
Download it at https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/33564/proview-pdf-editor
5. Master PDF Editor
Master PDF Editor is a unique tool since it is a free alternative to Adobe Acrobat on macOS 12, and mostly suits users that work with both PDF and XPS files. The free version allows you to enjoy some features as you arrange your finances to purchase the product to enjoy all its capabilities. This free and best Adobe Acrobat alternatives for macOS 12 in 2023 allows you to edit and convert PDF files. It edits both texts and images and hence useful in PDFs that require images for better understanding. It can convert PDF to images and XPS to PDF. Additionally, Master PDF Editor is a product that can also create PDFs and XPS files. According to experts, this PDF tool is among the most powerful in the market due to its ability to operate well from a 128-bit encryption process.
- It is simple and easy to use.
- It supports digital signing
- It protects your files with 128-bit encryption.
- It has the capability to create PDF as well as XPS documents
- It lacks advanced features.
- The free trial version cannot remove watermark.
- It provides a free trial version whereas the paid version goes for $49.95
- macOS 10.9.0 or later
Download it at https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/60810/master-pdf-editor
6. PDFMate PDF Converter for Mac
PDFMate PDF Converter is a significant paid and free alternative to Adobe Acrobat on macOS 12 that you can rely on for various PDF tasks. As the name suggests, this PDF program specializes in PDF conversion. Therefore, you can convert PDF documents to EPUB, JPG, HTML, Text, Word, and SWF formats on Mac. In addition, scanned PDF files can be easily converted using OCR. It also supports batch conversion and customization of files. Other powerful functions include merging of PDF documents as well as splitting into some segments. Another great reason to use this Adobe Acrobat alternatives for macOS 12 is its ability to protect your PDF files through password. What’s more, it can create PDF documents from numerous files, including PPT, Excel, Word, and IMG.
- It supports conversion of PDFs to hundreds of different formats.
- It allows customization of PDF files
- It merges PDF documents
- It crops PDF documents
- It is embedded with OCR that can convert scanned files into editable ones.
- It does not have the basic PDF features, such as PDF editing.
- It comes with a Free version, as well as a paid version worth $39.95
- macOS 10.6 - 10.12
Download it at https://www.pdfmate.com/download.html
7. DigiSigner for Mac
Are you still wondering, “what can I use instead of Adobe Acrobat Reader on macOS 12?” You can use DigiSigner for Mac since it serves the same functions as Adobe Acrobat. You can use it for free and still acquire maximum results. It is a multiplatform tool that is not only usable in macOS 12, but also Linux and Windows computers. Creating digital signatures is one of the interesting features of the product, since it helps in authenticating your PDF files. The application is capable of endorsing and handling complicated functions like multiple signing of documents, USB sticks, smart cards and key stores.
- It has a user-friendly interface, which can be either employed as a web device or an installed program.
- The software allows users to make legally validated signatures on PDF documents for free,
- It utilizes the X.509 certificate to make sure that digital signature are effective
- It has a small area of specialization where it yields restricted features on the particular aspect of signing documents.
- The free edition is subject to only essential tools
- It is a free alternative to Adobe Acrobat on macOS 12
- DigiSigner requires at least Mac OS X
Download it at https://www.freewarefiles.com/DigiSigner-Mac_program_74317.html
8. Bluebeam PDF Package for Mac
Bluebeam Revu is another valuable alternative to Adobe Acrobat for macOS 12 because it is designed for business professionals that often deal with PDF documents. With this tool, they can easily edit, manage, mark up, organize, or collaborate PDFs. This Adobe Acrobat alternative for macOS 12 delivers core PDF editing, markup and collaboration capabilities to enhance your paperless workflows. It adds comments to your documents with customizable markup and measurement tools, and also organizes high quality smart PDFs. also has many advanced options such as Cloud-based services for sharing, enhancement tools, Hyperlinks, alignments, export bookmarks, and so on.
- It offers batch conversion of PDFs,
- It supports multiple MS Office files such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Outlook file formats, including their conversion.
- The application is available in 3 flexible pricing models for different users.
- Its customers incur the charges for upgrades to features.
- The Standard version goes for $349, CAD for $399 and Extreme for $499
- It requires at least Mac OS X
Download it at https://en.freedownloadmanager.org/Mac-OS/Bluebeam-Revu-Mac.html
9. PDF Studio
PDF Studio is among the best Adobe Acrobat alternatives for macOS 12 in 2023 because it comes with user-friendly features. It is also cheaper than Adobe Acrobat since it is half its price, which makes it a remarkable PDF editing option. The product also has a surplus of features that will make editing for PDF files effective. It edits, manages and merges PDF files, and also annotates to ensure your PDF reading sessions are more productive. Therefore, if you're looking for PDF editing software that performs all functions, then the PDF Studio is one of the best in the market.
- It can annotate PDF documents through text markups and comments
- It generates PDFs out of Word documents, images and other texts.
- It includes document support in the form of Google Drive SharePoint.
- It protects PDF files using permissions and passwords
- Its trial version comes with a watermark.
- It does not have the ‘Undo’ function, making it difficult to correct editing mistakes.
- It also doesn't work with common track pad commands like shrink or zoom.
- The application goes for $89
- macOS 10.15 Catalina or later
Download it at https://mac.filehorse.com/download-pdf-studio/
10. Sejda PDF Editor
Sejda PDF editor can serve as a great free alternative to Adobe Acrobat on macOS 12 because it is a web application that converts, merges, divides, and compresses PDF documents. The program is perfectly embedded with editing tools as well as password protection and access management, although in a limited range. You can still acquire the desktop version known as the Sejda PDF Desktop, which processes all tasks locally on your PC. It has functions such as markups through highlight and strikeout, blackout without deleting metadata, digital signatures, or text additions.
- You can use it to download the signed document to any of your devices.
- It not only works on Mac, but also Windows, Android, iPhone, and Tablet.
- It permits you to save the signed PDF documents to Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive.
- It allows you to share the signed PDF documents with anyone via email.
- It provides desktop and web access through the desktop software app that premium users enjoy.
- The free version limits addition of signatures to many PDF documents, and instead requires you to acquire the premium plans.
- It has a free version, but also goes for $50.40 annually
- Mac OS X 10.9 or later
Download it at https://mac.filehorse.com/download-sejda-pdf-desktop/
Is Adobe Acrobat the Best for macOS 12
As seen in this list, Adobe Acrobat is not the best PDF solution for macOS 12. With a new operating system, you need a better application such as PDFelement for Mac, which is obviously the best Adobe Acrobat alternative for macOS 12 in 2023. It has more pros and less cons, it is more affordable and easier to use, has better features and appears more robust than Adobe Acrobat and the rest of the Adobe Acrobat alternatives for macOS 12.
PDFelement for Mac is the most suitable PDF editor for your macOS 12 because it is a competitive all-in-one PDF application that never crashes but rather provides an intuitive working space for both beginners and professionals. This powerful editor does not require technical skills, yet it has amazing and advanced PDF capabilities that ensure PDF manipulation in your macOS 12 goes smoothly.
These capabilities are seen through features like;
- Easy and smart PDF editing, through manipulation of links, images, fonts and text
- Addition of bookmarks for easier reading
- PDF page management that involves adding, removing, replacing and reordering pages in PDF documents.
- Merging and splitting of original PDFs for creation of others
- Addition of annotation tools like text boxes, sticky notes, and stamps.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Everything about macOS 12: Release Date, New Features and System Requirements
- 10 Best PDF Apps for macOS 12
- 10 Best Things to Do before Upgrading to macOS 12
- 10 Common macOS 12 Problems and How to Fix
- 10 Best Mac Tips and Tricks about macOS 12