Top 10 Alternatives to Adobe Acrobat for macOS 10.14
There are a lot of software you can use on your macOS 10.14 and Adobe Acrobat is one of them. However, it is important to note that while Adobe Acrobat remains one of the best software to use on your Mac, there may be situations where you may need an excellent adobe acrobat alternative for macOS 10.14. With that in mind, we present to you some of the best alternative to acrobat for macOS 10.14 that you can easily use.
10 Adobe Acrobat Alternatives for macOS 10.14
1. PDFelement for Mac
As one of the highly-recommended Adobe Acrobat alternatives for PDF editing on macOS 10.14, PDFelement is highly endeared among its worldwide user base. PDFelement outshines Adobe Acrobat in terms of value for money. Users gain access to a treasure trove of media management tools at a pocket friendly price.
It brandishes a host of editing tools, as well watermarks and digital signature functions. Unlike Adobe Acrobat, it runs without glitches. It transforms files to and from uncounted file formats, including scanned documents, in a breeze. Users can manipulate texts and images and fuse text and images together in a single file in a wide range of file formats. In addition, it is cross-compatible with a wide range of operating systems. No doubt, PDFelement ticks all the boxes of an excellent Adobe Acrobat alternative for macOS 10.14.
- PDFelement provides all the prominent features of Adobe Acrobat at a lower cost. PDFelement also gives you peace of mind because it does not spring surprises like Adobe Acrobat. Coupled with an intuitive interface, its glitch-free operations give users the best possible user experience. It combines versatility and reliability to supply the best value for your money
- To inspire confidence in first time users, PDFelement offers a free trial for new users to test the waters. And more often than not, the free trial turns to a one-way trip for new users who're looking for an adobe acrobat alternative for PDF editing on macOS 10.14. With an impressive range of file management tools, PDFelement primes trial costumers to upgrade to the full version in order to have access to an excellent adobe acrobat alternative for macOS 10.14 at a much lower price
- PDFelement safeguards your documents with code scarecrows that ward off unauthorized access. These include password security for stored files, as well as redaction functions for concealing portions of file contents. Users can be rest assured that the integrity of the files they use on PDF can remain uncompromised at all times
- The free trial version is limited in terms of access to functionalities
- PDFelement Standard: $69; PDFelement Pro: $99
- MacOS, iOS, Windows, Android
Note: If you are looking for Adobe Acrobat Alternatives for macOS 10.15, here it is.
2. PDF Expert
This is another feature-packed alternative to adobe acrobat for macOS 10.14. In addition to its powerful editor tools, it comes with a host of impressive functions, including those for splitting PDF files, creating and filling PDF forms, and more. Users can also create digital signatures using the app. The powerful editor tool can lend itself to use by people across all fields of endeavor, from developers who compose user guides to retail store owners who create digital invoices, and everyone in-between. This makes it a more user-friendly alternative to adobe acrobat for macOS 10.14.
What's more, it comes with a swift converter that can transform a file's format to and from a wide range of formats. When it comes to security, files on PDF Expert do not need protection from sources other than the app itself. PDF expert provides users with password protection for files, file encryption functions, and file redaction functions. The app is also cross-compatible with multiple platforms.
- It offers a trial version as incentives for new users
- A cheaper alternative to adobe acrobat for macOS 10.14
- The trial version does not give access to a number of prominent features
- MacOS, iOS
3. PDF Studio
This is another pocket friendly adobe acrobat alternative for macOS 10.14. It matches Adobe Acrobat in terms of range of file management functionalities, but goes for half the price of Adobe Acrobat. It is also highly efficient, retaining edited PDF files in their standardized outlay. With its highly cost-efficient editing system, it has all the makings of the best free adobe acrobat pro for macOS 10.14 alternatives.
- A powerful PDF editor with numerous annotation and form filing functions
- A dexterous and highly versatile file converter
- Integrated Google SharePoint, offering cloud support for files
- Lack of control over watermarks in the file on trial accounts
- Lack of support for ‘Undo’ feature and trackpad commands like shrink or zoom
- MacOS, Windows, Linux
4. Infix PDF Editor
This comes in as one of the best adobe acrobat alternatives in 2018 for macOS 10.14. It offers a range of editor tools comparable to those of Adobe Acrobat at a fraction of the cost. It comes with a highly versatile file editor with features for editing texts, altering font size, manipulating images, and making annotations. All these functions are served up on a neat user interface. Despite its wide range of functionalities, it still has simplicity at the heart of its design.
- A simple yet highly effective adobe acrobat alternative for pdf editing on macOS 10.14
- Editor functionalities that support 5 languages
- A multifunctional file management system with expedient search functions
- The watermarks it leaves on edited files are indelible
- $9.99 monthly subscription, $99 one-time payment
- MacOS, Windows, Linux
5. Foxit PDF Editor
Foxit PDF Editor is endeared among its millions of users because of its efficient yet user-friendly operations. It comes with a toolbar that has a ribbon design like Microsoft Office. Its powerful PDF file editor integrates Word, PowerPoint, and Excel add-ons, in addition to annotation tools. In order to boost collaboration in project implementation, it integrates a number of cloud storage services including Google Drive, Dropbox and Google SharePoint.
- A 14-day free trial
- Powerful PDF editor tools with functions for splitting, merging, adding, deleting and rotating PDF file pages
- Image editor that is as good as it gets
- Its plugins are not preassembled in the software and must be installed separately
- Plug-ins updates come with onerous requirements
- MacOS, Windows, Linux
6. PDF Clerk Pro
With a host of file management functionalities that can be used to execute standard operations as well as complex workflows, PDF Clerk Pro is another great go-to alternative to adobe acrobat for macOS 10.14. Its collection of editor and customization features, including its layout options, puts it on par with Adobe Acrobat in terms of utility. It even supports languages written from left to right like Arabic, Chinese, and Hebrew. Packed with all these features, PDF Clerk Pro is available to Mac users at a price that might unsettle Adobe Acrobat customers.
- Multifunctional editing tool that allows for editing
- Simplistic design
- Interface might look too plain to tech savvy users
- macOX 10.5 and later versions
This is another top adobe acrobat alternative for macOS 10.14 that allows you to divide or even merge PDF files. Apart from that, this software will also allow you to add images and also add blank pages if required. With PDFLab, you can also join multiple images while building PDF documents. One good thing about this adobe acrobat alternative is that it is also simple to use as it has a good user interface. For instance, all you may need to do to use it is just inserting the files in a list, picking the pages and then having them arranged in such a way that helps you build a new file.
- Users will have the opportunity to protect their files through password protection feature or have them decrypted if the need arises
- You can easily divide documents into multiple parts
- It is not a full editor and as such it has only limited features
- This software will only work for Mac OS
8. PDF Pen
Adobe Acrobat users reckon that the best adobe acrobat alternative in 2018 for macOS 10.14 must offer comparable editing solutions at a lower price. PDF pen does not fall short of these requisites. It comes with a host of veritable editor features from adding/deleting portions of texts and images to combining different pages of PDF files and everything in-between. In addition, it allows users to create digital signatures.
- Functions for creating PDF files as well as for converting Word to PDF
- OCR function for transforming scanned documents to editable PDF files
- It does not process large-sized files efficiently
- Some functionalities are low-quality constructs that are a little rough on the edges, like the occasionally misaligned page display
- Standard version: $75; Pro Version: $125
- macOS 10.10 and later versions
DigiSinger offers an impressive file management solution that matches that of Adobe Acrobat at zero cost. This free adobe acrobat pro for macOS 10.14 alternatives is also cross-compatible across numerous platforms including macOS, Windows and Linux.
Its digital documentation solution comes with features like key stores, right-click document opening command, signing on multiple documents in one go, and lots more. The digital signature function is based on X.509 certification, and can verify both visible and invisible digital signatures.
- Easy-to-navigate user interface
- Can operate both as a web based app and as a native app
- Signature technology for signing legally authentic signatures
- The free edition only gives limited access to the range of tools
- macOS 10.1 and later versions
This is another fast and east-to-use adobe acrobat alternative for pdf editing on macOS 10.14. It comes with a rich pool of tenacious file management tools, including multiple PDF creator functions. Users can merge together separate pages of PDF files in a new file, or create new PDF files from scratch. It comes with a simplistic design, with a user interface that's a lot easier to navigate that of Adobe Acrobat.
- A rich collection of PDF editing tools served up on an interface that's easier to navigate when compared to Adobe Acrobat
- Functions for labelling multiple pages together in a go
- Trim, Bleed and Art Boxes range of tools
- The 'Demo' watermarks automatically ascribed to edited files on trial accounts is indelible
- Every MacOS
Best Alternatives to Adobe Acrobat for macOS 10.14
PDFelement is a first-rate adobe acrobat alternative for macOS 10.14 that matches Adobe Acrobat in the round at a lower pricing. The solution is also cross-compatible with multiple operating systems including Windows, iOS and Android.
PDFelement for Mac comes with all the basics of a PDF editor, including functions for combining portions of various PDF files, printing PDF files, annotations, highlighting, watermarking, etc. Users can jump start a PDF file creation by choosing from a wide array of file templates to work with. PDFelement incorporates a powerful converter and an OCR functionality.
- PDF creator that allows users to combine separate pages of PDF together into a new file, or to create a new PDF from start to finish
- Highly efficient file editor which doesn't alter the original outlay of file
- Robust file converter for converting PDF files to a range of file format including HTML, EPUB, Word, Excel, and more
- Functions for creating and filling digital forms
- Provides password protection and file encryption for optimum security for files
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Top 10 Alternatives to Adobe Acrobat for macOS 10.14
- What to Do If PDF Expert for macOS 10.14 Can’t Work
- How to Fix If PDF Expert Not Working on macOS 10.14