Top 3 Kofax Power PDF Mac Alternative
Kofax Power PDF (macOS 11 compatible) is a powerful PDF editor with support for macOS versions starting with macOS 10.12 Sierra, the thirteenth (and luckiest?) iteration of the Unix-like operating systems from Apple. Those who've used it for a while probably know it by Nuance, its earlier avatar. Although Kofax offers all the same features under new branding, it also means that its features are equally limited. Let's take a quick look at some of these limitations before we dive into the Top 3 Kofax PDF Editor (Standard for Mac) alternatives including PDFelement with greater firepower and versatility.
Limitations of Kofax Power PDF for Mac
- First of all, the software itself is only available in the Standard flavor for macOS 11, which is a drawback when compared to the Standard and Pro versions for Windows.
- Key features are limited to PDF and form creation, collaboration, and conversion to and from other formats.
- With a price tag of $129, it could be prohibitively expensive for someone who expects more robust functionality.
- Users have reported that the interface is far from intuitive, with many features being unintentionally 'hidden' behind other features available in the menu options, making it confusing for first-timers.
With these and other limitations, even as an existing Kofax PDF user, you might be looking for more reasonable alternatives that offer a wider range of features and capabilities. Here are the Top 3 alternatives to Kofax's product in terms of greater functionality, better pricing, more convenience, enhanced ease-of-use, higher speed, and other important factors.
3 Kofax Power PDF Mac Alternatives
Available in Standard and Pro versions for macOS 11 Big Sur, PDFelement is one of the fastest-growing PDF applications on the market today. Offering a comprehensive suite of tools for editing, conversion, form-creation, OCR, data extraction, security, annotations, and more, PDFelement is the rising star of this category, arguably second only to the ubiquitous Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
- Full range of editing, annotation, page management, forms, conversion, and security features available in the premium versions; powerful PDF reading, creating, editing, form-creation, and form-filling tools are available in the free trial versions.
- Accurate and speedy conversions between PDF and a variety of file formats (for converting to and from the .pdf format.)
- Fully loaded annotation capabilities, including freehand, stamps, shapes, vectors, strikethroughs, sticky notes, and plain text commenting.
- Upgrade to Pro and get batch processing for conversions and OCR, the ability to add e-signatures, archive files, apply Bates numbering, and best-in-class OCR technology for converting any scanned document into a fully interactive (editable and searchable) digital PDF form.
- Too comprehensive for basic print-to-PDF needs
- Free Unlimited Trial version available
- Price starts from $69
System Support: macOS 10.10 and higher including macOS 11 | Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista
PDFPenPro for Mac from Smile Software is another robust Kofax Power PDF on Mac alternative that makes a great alternative to Kofax Power PDF. The Pro version obviously has greater capabilities than the standard PDFPen for Mac, but both versions are solid products with remarkable capabilities.
- PDFPenPro offers full editing capabilities that include adding, changing, editing images, etc.
- It boasts a unique feature to record your verbal notations as audio.
- Single and batch OCR includes features such as editable PDF output, direct capture from scanning hardware, and control over various aspects of the source image, including contrast and resolution enhancement.
- The menus are intuitive, and the content-specific popup tools deliver a great user experience overall.
- The latest version 11 brings Continuity camera capture from iOS devices, split-view editing mode, grouping frequently used elements, manual deskewing of OCR documents, better sidebar layout, and a new Font Bar for greater control over fonts when editing on the fly.
- Continuity with iPhone and iPad apps.
- Limited output formats for conversion in the Standard version, which makes Pro the only choice.
- Some known font-matching issues may arise when editing text.
- PDFPen for Mac - $74.95
- PDFPenPro for Mac - $124.95
- Upgrade (Standard to Standard 11 and Pro to Pro 11) - $30
- Upgrade (Standard to Pro 11) - $50
System Support: macOS 10.12 Sierra and higher
3. PDF Expert
Published by Readdle, PDF Expert is an ideal PDF reader and basic editor for macOS, iOS, and iPadOS. The appealing reader experience is delivered by three modes: Night, Day, and Sepia. It's easy on the eyes and easy to navigate. It is also one of the best replacements for Kofax Power PDF for macOS Big Sur.
- Superior reading experience for all PDF documents.
- For large PDFs, the search function and indexing of search results make it faster to work on the more you use it.
- Ideal for annotating and note-taking; support for Apple Pencil on iPad Pro; Touch Bar support for MacBook Pro models.
- Includes editing features for links, images, and text.
- Form-filling capabilities.
- Page management tools like merging, split view, and page numbering available.
- Great for collaboration and sharing (includes iOS and iPadOS cross-functionality.)
- No OCR or conversion features
- Lacks advanced editing tools
- $94.39 for up to 3 Mac computers
System Support: macOS 10.12 and higher
Comparison of the Top 3 Kofax Power PDF Editor for Mac Alternatives
That's the round-up of the key features in each of the three Kofax Power PDF alternatives. Now, let's take a quick look at how they stack up against each other in critical areas.
|Ease of Use||High||Medium||High|
|Batch Process||Yes, comprehensive||Yes, for OCR||No|
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Top 3 Kofax Power PDF Mac Alternative
- How to Fix a Blurry PDF in Preview on Mac
- How to Edit a PDF with Preview on Mac