Easy Steps to Add Hyperlink to PDF in Windows
Most PDF users want to add link to PDF files in order to offer more details on a specific item or connect an item with related information. In this article, we'll share easy steps to add hyperlink to PDF with PDFelement.
Steps to Add Link to PDF
Step 1. Open a PDF File
Double click the quick-start icon on the desktop to launch PDFelement. Open your PDF document by clicking the "Open File" button on the home page. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the file into PDFelement.
Step 2. Create Link for PDF
Go to the "Edit" tab, click the "Link" button. And then select an area where you want to add a link in the PDF document. When you release the mouse, a pop-up window will appear, where you can set the appearance and action of the hyperlink. Then click the "Set Link" button to finish adding a hyperlink to the PDF file.
- Link Type: You can choose to set the hyperlink as visible or invisible in the PDF document.
- Color: You can choose a color to set for the hyperlink box.
- Highlight Style: None means you don't change the appearance of the link. Invert means you can change the color of the link area to its opposite. Push means to change the appearance of an embossed rectangle. Outline means to change the outline color of this link to its opposite when you click the link.
- Line Style: You can change the line style of the hyperlink to be solid, dashed, or underline.
- Line Thickness: The line thickness can be set as thin, medium, or thick.
- Go to a page view: After choosing this option, click the "Set Link" button. You will get a notification window to setup anchor and view. So you can scroll to the target page area and use the zoom tool to set the preferred view. Then click the "Confirm" button in the pop-up window to add the hyperlink.
- Go to a page view: After choosing this option, enter the correct page number that you want to link to, and click the "Set Link" button.
- Open a web page: Enter the web page URL in the box to insert. This is the option about how to create an URL link for a PDF document.
- Open a file: Click the button of "..." to browse a document on your computer. You can any format of the document on your computer including the PDF format. If you have linked to another PDF document, when you click the link, it will open the linked PDF document in PDFelement as well. This is the method about how to create a link to open a PDF file.
Step 3. Save after Adding Link to PDF
After inserting a hyperlink in your PDF, you can save the PDF document directly. Or if you want to change or edit PDF, you can edit any element in our PDF as you want.
Add Hyperlink to PDF without Acrobat
PDFelement is the best method for you to add a hyperlink to a PDF file without using Acrobat, since it not only supports the ability to add hyperlinks to PDF but also provides all the tools that you will need for editing PDF files. From creating new PDF files to edit, annotate, convert, and print, all of the features are embedded right into one tool. And you can also add headers and footers to PDF for more formal documentation, such as papers and dissertations.
Video on How to Add Hyperlink to PDF with PDFelement
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Easy Steps to Add Hyperlink to PDF in Windows
- How to Scan JPG to PDF Easily
- How to Convert PDF Files in Windows
- Three Ways to Send PDF to Kindle
- How to Create a PDF