Easy Methods to Add Hyperlink to PDF
Linking across documents is a modern way of redirecting to the details associated with a certain topic discussed within a document. Many people question the method to add link to PDF documents. This article comes up with comprehensive solutions explaining to users a clear offline and online guide on how to add hyperlink to PDF with Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, an all-in-one PDF solution.
Part 1. Steps to Add Link to PDF
Step 1. Open a PDF File
Launch PDFelement by double-clicking the quick-start icon on the desktop. Open your PDF document by clicking the "Open files" button on the home page. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the file into PDFelement.
Step 2. Insert Link in PDF
Go to the "Edit" tab, click the "Link" button. And then, there are three link options for you to add. After choosing one, select an area where you want to add a link in the PDF document. When you release the mouse, a pop-up window will appear, making you set the action and appearance of the hyperlink. Once set, click the "OK" button to finish adding a hyperlink to the PDF file.
- Go to a page view: After choosing this option, you can select or enter a page number to set the link. After setting, you can click the link to jump to your selected page.
- Open a web page: Enter a web page URL in the box and then click "OK". Finally, you can tap on this link to go to the web page.
- Open a file: Click the "..." icon to browse a document on your computer. You can choose any format of the document on your computer, including the PDF format. If it is already linked to another PDF document, when you click the link, it will also open the linked PDF document in PDFelement. This is the method of how to create a link to open a PDF file.
After setting the actions of the link, you can also change the appearance of the link. The following are the appearance options you can change.
- Link Type: You can choose to set the hyperlink as visible or invisible in the PDF document.
- Color: You can choose a color to set for the hyperlink box.
- Highlight Style: None means you don't change the appearance of the link. Invert means you can change the color of the link area to its opposite. Push means to change the appearance of an embossed rectangle. Outline means to change the outline color of this link to its opposite when you click the link.
- Line Style: You can change the line style of the hyperlink to be solid, dashed, or underline.
- Line Thickness: The line thickness can be set as a thin, medium, or thick.
Step 3. Save after Adding Link to PDF
After inserting a hyperlink in your PDF, you can save the PDF document directly. Or, if you want to change or edit PDF, you can edit any element in our PDF as you want.
Part 2. How to Add Link to PDF Online?
If you are in a hurry or prefer using online tools to cover your tasks, you can consider using Google Docs to add link to PDF files. Managing the files is quite easy, which is provided in the form of steps as follows.
Step 1. Initially, you must upload the PDF file onto Google Docs before working on it. For this, open Google Docs, navigate to the "File" tab, and select "Open." Hover to the "Upload" section on the next screen and tap "Select a File from your device” to import the PDF file.
Step 2. Once added, select "Open" to open the PDF file on Google Docs. Lead to the area where you wish to add the link. Select the text that is to be hyperlinked. Use the "Insert Link" button on the top menu to add the link or press "CTRL+K" as a shortcut key. Paste the link in the search bar and tap "Apply" to add the link to the PDF.
Step 3. After adding the link, you can download the file as a PDF again. For this, lead to the “File” tab, following the “Download” option, and select “PDF document (.pdf)” from the available list in the drop-down menu.
Part 3. Why Add Hyperlink to PDF?
We see many documents covered with different hyperlinks all across the file. Many question the need to add hyperlinks to PDF documents. The main reason for adding a hyperlink is to redirect the reader to any detail involved with the topic provided across the file.
There are times when the author cannot explain a complete phenomenon or concept across their document, which then requires some reference. Adding links acts as a reference that would help them clarify and ratify the concept's existence in reality. The need to add hyperlinks to PDF holds a lot of significance in the digital world.
Part 4. The Best Software to Add Hyperlink to PDF Without Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat can be a little bit complicated to use at times. If you search for a better alternative, PDFelement provides you the appropriate interface to add link to PDF files with ease. Users can get hold of the following features while working across PDFelement.
- Edit Link - Users can make all kinds of edits across the links within a PDF. Along with adding and removing links, they can change the outlook and appearance of the link by amending its size, color, and font.
- Attachment To cater to the content within a PDF file, PDFelement allows you to add attachments across your existing PDF documents to enhance the reading experience.
- Bookmark - You can provide readers with the ability to hover within a document with the help of bookmarks. Connect the reader with the content and enhance their concepts by making proper bookmarks.
- Convert Files - PDFelement helps users convert their documents into a variety of formats. Users can have their PDFs converted to Word, Excel, PDF/A, PPT, Text, EPUB, RTF, HTML, HWP, or different Image formats with ease.
- Share - Wondershare PDFelement allows users to share their documents easily through email, cloud services such as Dropbox and Google Drive, and even use its dedicated cloud service, Wondershare Cloud.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Efficient Methods to Change HTML To PDF With Ease
- How to Generate PDF from HTML Files Offline and Online?
- How to Remove Link from PDF
- How to Add Video in PDF
- How to Add Audio to PDF