How to Add Bates Numbering to PDF Files in Windows
Bates numbering is a useful procedure for organizing documents that require proper identification. Commercial, medical, and legal institutions usually use it to process a large number of documents, otherwise, if there is no batch number, these documents will be misplaced. For digital documents in PDF form, bates numbers are added to the header or footer sections of documents to help in the unique identification of pages. These numbers are often self-incrementing, which means each consecutive page automatically gets a larger number. Bates numbers can be used with other texts or objects on the document where they appear. In this article, I will tell you how to add bates numbering to PDF documents with PDFelement.
4 Steps to Add Bates Numbers to PDF
Bates numbering with PDFelement is simple and straightforward. Follow the steps outlined below to add custom bates numbers to your PDF document. PDFelement also supports various versions of Windows and Mac, including macOS 10.15 and Windows 10.
Step 1. Upload a PDF to PDFelement
After downloading and installation, launch PDFelement on your computer. The Home window will prompt you to upload a PDF document onto the program. Click the "Open files" button and select the PDF document you want to insert the bates numbers.
Step 2. Add Bates Number on PDF
Once the document loads up, navigate to the "Edit" tab on the menu bar. Click the "Bates Number" option on the resulting sub-menu bar to reveal two other options, "Add Bates Numbering" and "Edit Bates Number." In this case, click "Add Bates Numbering."
Step 3. Customize Bates Number
The resulting properties box allows you to customize different aspects of bates numbering.
- Bates Settings section allows you to add suffixes and prefixes to the bates numbers and to select the first number in the bates series.
- The font section allows you to change the style, size, and color of the numbers. It also allows you to change the orientation and opacity of the bates numbers using the rotation and opacity options, respectively.
- The Page Range section allows you to select a range of pages or choose to have even, odd, or a combination of even and odd pages with the bates numbers.
- The position section allows you to select the position on the page you want the numbers to appear.
Step 4. Save Your PDF
Once you are satisfied with the settings on this window, click "Save" to insert the numbers. Save the edited document, and don't forget to change the filename when you save the document from distinguishing it from older documents. Click on "File" and then "Save" or "Save As" to enable the changes.
Modify the numbered document as you wish. PDFelement offers over a dozen different functions that can help you customize PDF documents. You can also use the "Edit Bates Number" option to edit or remove bates numbers and start again.
Video on How to Add Bates Numbers to PDF
When dealing with a large number of documents, inserting bates numbers should be one of those office tasks that are straightforward and easy to accomplish. PDFelement is one of the few applications that provide a simple and straightforward feature for bates numbering, enabling you to increase efficiency and productivity when dealing with documents.
PDFelement is primarily a PDF editing application that lets users control every aspect of their PDF documents. It allows you to edit text, images, and pages within PDF documents through different functions. It also allows users to convert other file formats into PDF documents and includes adding new pages or images to existing PDF documents. Further, PDFelement comes with an industry-leading OCR facility that allows you to edit and manipulate scanned documents.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- 3 Steps to Change PDF Background Color
- Best Way to Change Highlight Color in PDF
- How to Convert PDF to RTF on Windows 10/8/7
- 2 Ways to Unencrypt PDF Files for Windows
- How to Convert Webpage to PDF