Top 5 Keynote Alternative for macOS 10.15 Catalina
Keynote is the default application for presentations for macOS. And as such, it has all the features you need to make a great presentation. But every now and then, you might want to try something different, or expand on the tools and features other applications have to offer. With that in mind, we give you a list of five Keynote alternative applications for Mac users.
5 Best Keynote Alternative for Mac
1. Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac
The default Windows application is also available for Mac users. Which is not to say for Keynote, which is Mac only application. With that in mind, if you collaborate with more Windows users, you can try and use PowerPoint on your Mac. The 2019 version brings couple of new features, including online and live video action for slides, ability to trim media, morph transition, and 3D models.
You have to understand, however, that there are slight differences between PowerPoint for Mac, and PowerPoint for windows. For example, the Mac version comes with AppleScript and automator support. However, the Mac version lacks Animation Painter, and certain animation triggers open only in the Mac version.
- Free and open source application
- Compatibility with Microsoft Office Formats
- There is no option for real-time co-authoring
- Lack of advanced features
- No cloud storage
2. PDFelement for Mac
Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is not a presentation tool, but it is a PDF tool for editing, converting, and creating PDF documents. And it works as an alternative to Keynote when you need to add more editing features. For example, it gives you the option to add fillable forms in your presentation.
Another nifty feature is that you can easily convert your Keynote file into any other desirable format. In other words, if you want to convert Keynote to PowerPoint without the loss of formatting and fonts, PDFelement makes it possible.
- Simple and easy to navigate interface
- Lots of editing and annotating features
- Great integration with Microsoft Office
- Advanced OCR tool to transform scanned documents
- Create and convert PDF documents from/to other formats
- Protect document with password, redaction and permissions
- Add digital signature to PDF document
3: Google Slides for Mac
The only thing you need to use Google Slides is a Google account. And in this age and age, almost anyone has a Google account. And even if you do not have, signing up is easy and quick. Unlike other Keynote alternative for Mac options on this list, Google Slides is web-based software. That means you can access it anytime of the day, and you do not need to download anything.
Some of the presentation features include customizable themes, fonts, animations, embedded video, audio content, and more. There are also many collaboration tools, allowing multiple users to edit the presentation simultaneously.
- Easy to use
- Makes collaborating more efficient
- You can access presentations even when offline
- Uploading videos is too much time-consuming
- Limited animation options
- Limited selection of themes
4: Focusky for Mac
You can use Focusky to create HTML5 presentations and animated videos. This presentation tools enables zooming, multimedia adding, play path management, and much more to help you create works of art. No more boring presentations, Focusky gives you all the tools to create a unique and one of a kind work of art.
Some of the features include background music, 3D transition effect no-blur zoom, subtitles, voice narrations, and even more.
- User-friendly dashboard
- Lots of built-in templates
- Makes your presentations more dynamic
- High system requirements for usage
- The free version is quite limited
5: Prezi for Mac
Prezi is another online presentation platform you can use to create unique and more vivid presentations. It allows users to turn their idea into a presentation in a matter of minutes. Creates non-linear presentations, utilizing the zoom in and zoom out features. This presentation tool adds fun and creativity to your presentation. Just remember, there are no slides, videos, and animations. If that is your go-to move for presentations, Prezi works completely differently.
Some of the features include access to Google Images without leaving the app, ability to embed PDF in the presentation, share easily on social media, timeline templates, audio files and images, and even Skype within the application.
- Unique and dynamic single-canvas presentation format
- Creates lively presentations
- Can be used as a collaborative whiteboard
- The UI is not as user-friendly as other apps
- Can be slow during certain activities depending on internet connection
- Chat not included for collaboration
Compare the 5 Keynote Alternative
|Features||Wide array of features for animations, graphs, and more||Great for extra features like editing images, edit text, and annotation tools (markup, highlight, comment)||Limited animation and template options||Cool features like background music, narration, 3D transition, and more||Limited compared to Keynote, creates presentation via Zoom in and Zoom Out|
|Running speed||Depending on the animations you add, PowerPoint can be slowed down significantly||Generally fast, but sometimes slows down on lower computer||Uploading videos can be slow||High system requirements make it slow on lower end computers||Speed depends on internet connection|
|Security||Microsoft Office Encryption||Files can be protected with password and encryption||You have to secure files via third-party application||No security for web-based apps||No added security features|
|Easy to use||Requires a steep learning curve||Simple to use due to Office-inspired UI||Easy and simple to use UI||User-friendly dashboard||No user friendly-interface|
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Top 10 PDF Tools for macOS
- Comparison - PDFelement for Mac vs PDF Expert
- Comparison - PDFelement vs Preview