How to Shrink PDF on Mac
If you are looking for a tutorial on how to shrink a PDF on Mac, you have just come to the right place. In this article, we'll tell you how to shrink a PDF file size on Mac using some easy steps. Although there are several online tools to shrink PDF on Mac, it is not recommended to shrink your confidential or sensitive files using free online tools and use offline software, such as PDFelement. So, find the step-by-step tutorial to shrink PDF on Mac below.
How to Shrink PDF File Size on Mac
To shrink PDF file size on Mac, read the step-by-step tutorial below.
Step 1. Open a PDF for Shrinking on Mac
First, launch PDFelement from your Mac launcher or clicking on its icon. Once it is launched, click on the "Open File" option or "File" > "Open" to locate and open the PDF file from your Mac which you want to shrink. Make sure you upload the right file or you may end up spoiling some other file.
Step 2. Shrink PDF on Mac
Once the PDF file is opened, click "File" > "Save as Other" > "Optimized PDF" from the menu bar. Once you click on the "Optimized PDF" option, the "PDF Optimizer" message box will appear where you can apply the relevant settings.
Step 3. Settings for Shrinking PDF on Mac
In the PDF optimizer, select the quality of the output file after the compression and click on the "Save As" button. You have three output qualities to select; High, Medium, and Low. You can select the "Medium" one as it gives you the best results and the lowest possible size. After that, select the destination folder and click the "Save" button to save the shrunk PDF file on your Mac. You can also share this file directly from here by clicking on the "Share" button.
So, this is how you shrink PDF on Mac. Wondering what PDFelement is? Well, it is a powerful PDF tool that is equipped with a plethora of wonderful features. Some of the most amazing features are mentioned below.
- Convert the scanned PDF files into the editable format and can save it into any other format you want.
- Create PDF files manually or open any format to automatically convert them into PDF file.
- Edit a PDF file and can add, remove, move, rotate, and resize any object and image in your PDF file.
- Secure your PDF files with passwords and permissions.
- Create 1-click fillable forms and edit the existing forms.
- Convert the PDF files into 300+ different formats and back from these formats to PDF.
- Add images, numbering, header, footer, annotations, comments, and much more to your PDF files.
- Add digital signatures, hand-drawn signatures, and typed signatures into forms and documents.
- Shrink or compress the PDF file size up to 80%.
- Collect data using fillable forms.
- Compatible with macOS X 10.12, 10.13, 10.14,10.15 Catalina, and 11 Big Sur
Not only these, but there are also dozens of other features that make PDFelement the most powerful and complete PDF tool. It is a must-have tool for businessmen, office workers, students, educators, and almost everyone.
With this software, you can completely go paperless because it allows you to review and sign your files right there from your PC or Mac and you do not need to download and print them.
So, if you are looking for a PDF tool that can take the charge of your office and covers most of the office-oriented tasks, PDFelement is the ideal match for you and you do not need any other tool.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!