Top 10 PDF Editing Software for Mac
When it comes to picking PDF editing software for Mac, you have few choices: you either upload the PDF to an online conversion service or simply make use of a Mac PDF editor app. The former has its own advantages and are mostly free PDF editing tool, but PDF editing software for Mac remains the best. An overview of the best PDF editing software including PDFelement for Mac.
Top 10 PDF Program to Edit PDF on Mac
1. PDFelement for Mac
PDFelement for Mac is rated one of the best PDF editing software mostly because of its simple and Intuitive interface together with the fact that it allows users navigate through in a simple manner and still provide professional results. It allows for quick and easy solutions as a free program to edit PDF. It also contains OCR technology that allows users to turn paper document into editable, searchable and selectable PDFs in numerous languages (more than 25 languages).
- Supports other non-editing features for PDF files
- It has a simple and Intuitive interface
- It has a high technology compatible with modern use of PDF files.
- It is compatible with macOS X 10.12, 10.13, 10.14,10.15 Catalina, and 11 Big Sur
- Free version with limited feature
As another free software to edit PDF files, Preview is a built-in app in Mac that allows for diverse editing options for its users. It allows for diverse optimized use of the PDF file. Preview allows users to add texts to PDF, highlight the PDF document, sign it, write their commentaries together with carrying out other diverse editing functions. A user could post a note on you PDF file using preview and then move the note to another part of the document later if you have a change of mind. It has an advanced and novel feature when it comes to signing of documents. It allows users to sign documents using their finger if users have a track pad. It allows users to sign on a paper sheet if a camera is attached to the user’s phone. It provides features that makes editing images very user-friendly and quick to use. Users can export and share PDF files.
- It has new advanced and novel features
- It has a simple user interface
- Besides editing, it provides other features that helps in PDF optimization
- It can be difficult to use especially with the new technology introduced in its scanning of documents
3. Adobe Acrobat Pro Mac
Adobe Acrobat Pro Mac is a PDF editing tool that helps users in the production of professional and well-polished PDF files. It allows for very easy use of the documents in terms of sending and viewing the documents. Adobe Acrobat Pro Mac is highly rated as one of the best PDF editing software mostly because of its built-in e-signature feature which ensures that its users do not need to be concerned about persons making modifications to the PDF file or plagiarizing information they would want protected. These features, allows a user to transfer, view the progress of, control and keep signed PDF documents. Asides from its editing features, it comes in handy in converting all sorts of document types to PDF files. Calculations, signature fields, including checkboxes can be changed with the use of Adobe Acrobat Pro Mac.
- It provides protection of your edited PDF file
- It is compatible with modern technology used for editing.
- It contains other features that allows for optimization of PDF files asides from editing
- It does not have a simple user interface especially in respect to protection of PDF files
Learn more about Adobe Acrobat Pro Mac >>
4. PDF Expert
PDF Expert is mostly known and rated as one of the best PDF editing software because of its simple editing features. When using it, it automatically detects the font, size and opacity of the initial document. Added to this is the fact that it allows for modification of your texts, images without any difficulty. Another notable feature of PDF Expert is its collaboration feature. Colleagues and business bodies can collaborate by including information and safeguarding the information through the use of passwords. PDF Expert is rated because it can be used on any iPhone, iPad, Apple device and Mac and it allows, easily, for transfer of files. It has features that make it possible for users to make applications, forms used for tax and it allows signature on it quickly without the use of electronic signature.
- It has a very simple user interface
- It has other features that make PDF optimization easy
- It is easy to modify images of PDF Expert
- The features it offers asides from editing PDF files, are few
Learn more about PDF Expert >>
This free PDF tool allows you carry out diverse editing functions as regards to your PDF file. It allows users to make images, write and color texts contained in a PDF file with underscoring or strike through. It readily contains features that make it very easy to make corrections, change location of texts and re-size images to the liking of the user. It has advanced PDF editing software for Mac which uses modern technology to allow users turn pictures, scanned texts into words that can be easily modified. It allows for easy proofreading of errors contained in PDF files and edited PDF document. This is done with the use of the OCR technology. Its technology for securing PDF document and signing on your PDF is highly rated.
- It has high and modern technologies that aids editing of PDF files
- It is fast to use
- Contains other features that does not deal with editing
- It does not have a user-friendly interface
6. Abby Finereader
This free PDF editing tool can read tons of pages from your PDF files directly from your scanner or your PC storage arear with its OCR engine. From here it goes ahead to extract texts, make tables and keep your layout so as to edit your texts. It is rated one of the best PDF editing software mostly because it has the highest text recognition accuracy in the PDF editing software market. Through its software's adaptive document recognition technology, text sizes, headers footnotes, footers, font sizes, tables of content can all be recreated.
- It has a very high text recognition accuracy
- Very fast and simple user interface
- Has fewer non-editing features
- Has a less secured signature feature
Learn more about Abby Finereader >>
7. Phantom PDF
This software is mostly known for its services which utilizes cloud storage and this is because it is Connected PDF Powered. Its cloud-based services include the possibilities of giving and taking accesses to files and contains features with collaboration. It also includes ability to know who has accessed your PDF file. Its editing features allow you control the flow of your text and still allow you to make PDFs in whatever format you choose.
- It has other PDF optimization features
- It provides advanced cloud-based services when compared to other editing tools
- Its cloud-based services does not have an easy-to-use interface
Learn more about Phantom PDF >>
8. Able2Extract Pro
This software is a creator, editor, convertor with diverse uses. It is a professional tool accessable for both Mac and Windows version. With this software, it is very easy to convert data from and to documents that can be edited. This includes publisher, PowerPoint, open office, Auto Cad and all other image formats. It allows you to secure, use signature, and make changes to your PDFs providing unlimited formatting options for users. Additionally, it comes with lots of features for collaboration allowing users annotate and make notes.
- It handles editing using an easy and intuitive fashion
- Very fast to use
- Its editing features are not as wide when compared to other editing software
Learn more about Able2Extract Pro >>
9. Nuance Power PDF Standard
This free PDF editing tool lauds itself as being the most effective pick for Mac users when compared to other free PDF editing options. When changing, making corrections, sharing or creating documents on any structure, it enhances productivity. It allows its users utilize collaboration features with mark-up and other powerful tools that allow comments to be made on the document. It also provides security for passwords and provides text redaction. It basically gives you control over your workflow.
- Provides wide range of editing options
- Very easy to use
- Its security features are not very advanced
Learn more about Nuance Power PDF Standard >>
10. PDF studio for Mac
This is a very great choice when compared to Adobe Acrobat in terms of price. It offers all reliable alternatives with expected features. It allows users get the best they need with no bloat ware since the software takes on a little portion of space in a hard drive. Its standard edition includes tools that allow precision measurements, security of documents, ability to fill in and save PDF forms. It has an advanced professional edition that includes text recognition in the OCR format, ability to assess and improve the use of PDFs. It also provides a means of dividing and joining files.
- Has high technology compatible with modern editing tools
- An easy-to-use interface
- Non-editing features are few.
Learn more about PDF studio for Mac >>
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- 6 Best Google PDF Editor for Mac
- How to Add Image to PDF using Preview
- Top 3 Kofax Power PDF Mac Alternative