10 Best Alternatives to PDF Expert for macOS 12
PDF Expert is a product of Readdle and it is known to manage PDF documents quite well, making it one of the best apps for handling PDF files. However, despite having great features, it may not be the perfect tool for your needs and so it is important to explore PDF Expert alternatives and similar apps for macOS 12. This article contains paid and free alternatives to PDF Expert for macOS 12 that you can choose from for perfect PDF results.
10 PDF Expert Alternatives & Competitors for macOS 12
PDFelement for Mac is the most reliable Readdle PDF Expert alternative in 2023 for macOS 12 because it offers numerous features in one platform. It has been functional in Mac since the production of macOS 10.0 and now it is available for the newest mac OS 12. It comes with amazing features such as PDF editing, markup and annotation tools, PDF conversion and PDF form filling. What’s more, PDFelement for Mac can create PDF from scratch or by merging files to make a unique product. While doing so, it uses its page management feature to rotate images, delete the redundant, insert new pages and delete the unnecessary, while reordering all for great information representation. .
- It is the perfect tool for batch PDF conversion
- It has a user-friendly interface not requiring technical skills
- It is highly compatible with macOS 12
- It comes with ability to manipulate fonts
- It provides password encryption for high security of files
- It has advanced OCR technology for manipulation of scanned PDFs and images
- The free version has some limitations in usage of features
- The free version includes a comprehensive PDF solution
- The paid version costs $79.99/year pro
- macOS 10.10 and above
Download it at https://apps.apple.com/app/id1470732135
2. Nuance PDF Converter for Mac
Nuance PDF Converter is another recommended PDF Expert alternative and similar app for macOS 12. It is a product of Nuance and is aimed at the business users who need great workflow, sharing features, and similar advanced features that home packages in other PDF Expert alternatives & competitors for macOS 12 do not include. Nuance PDF Converter is a total PDF package for Mac, as it is equipped with the proper tools needed for creating, editing and converting PDF files. It comes with an OmniPage Optical Character Recognition (OCR) feature that lets you convert PDFs into editable documents, while keeping the tables, columns, texts, and graphics of the original PDF file.
- It is a feature-rich application
- It is easy to learn
- It preserves the original formatting of PDFs
- It has a built-in OCR
- It has text redaction options for PDF content security
- It comes with a wide range of tools
- It supports dozens of text formats
- It is able to import files from scanners
- It does not properly support working in batch mode and automating file conversion
- The software goes for $99.99 per subscription
- macOS 10.10 or later
Download it at https://macdownload.informer.com/nuance-pdf-converter-for-mac/
3. PDF Professional
PDF Professional as the name suggests, is a professional PDF Expert alternative & competitor for macOS 12 that hosts functionalities such as reading, annotating, editing and converting PDF files. It is one of the best Readdle PDF Expert alternatives in 2023 for macOS 12 because it has meticulously designed user-interface and ample tools to edit and read PDFs. You can use the software to add links, images, view and respond to annotations through comments, and fill static PDF forms. It also presents you with the option to password-protect your PDF files in case you have sensitive data. PDF Professional also comes with Text-to-Speech feature through which you can select the text or document to be read.
- It has a large selection of document tools.
- It provides users with a PDF presentation mode.
- It has an easy to use interface.
- It renders PDFs quickly
- The application can slow down when viewing multiple documents at the same time.
- The initial set-up of file-sharing services can be complicated.
- It is only usable on 64-bit systems.
- It is a free PDF Expert alternative 2023 for macOS 12
- macOS 10.12 or later.
Download it at https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pdf-professional-annotate-sign/id1071044671?mt=12
4. Haihaisoft PDF Reader
Haihaisoft Reader is among the most underrated paid and free PDF Expert alternatives 2023 for macOS 12. This PDF reader for Mac devices is specially intended for reading PDFs. With a file size of just 4MB, it is far better than other heavy PDF readers for Mac. One of the highlighting features of Haihaisoft PDF reader is that it can open a PDF document even if it is protected by DRM-X platform. Moreover, it doesn’t connect to the internet without users’ permission, making it safe and secure for viewing of confidential documents. The program allows you to read, print all Adobe PDF documents and open Adobe Acrobat protected PDF documents.
- It makes reading of all kinds of PDFs easy
- It does not occupy mush Mac space due to its very small installation size
- It possesses a responsive and clutter-free design that suits beginners and new users
- It comes with various security and privacy features
- The printing function only creates blank pages
- It is quite slow and unstable
- It doesn't contain many advanced features
- It provides a 90 days fully functional free trial <
- The paid versions are namely: Basic account for $50 per month and Premier account for $120 per month
- macOS 10.8 or later
Download it at https://www.haihaisoft.com/PDF_Reader_download.aspx
5. DeskPDF Creator
deskPDF is among the reliable Readdle PDF Expert alternatives in 2023 for macOS 12, because it provides users with a platform to convert documents of any format to PDF files. It is powered by Docudesk, and it compatible with not only Mac computers, but also Windows as well. The intuitive interface makes the software to use, especially when using its significant features that include the drag-and-drop option that allows conversion of PDFs. Other important deskPDF functions include watermarking, merging, PDF file security provisions and custom profile workflows. It also comes installed with a virtual printer that assists in converting any file that has the 'Print' option to the PDF format.
- It provides a preview for users to view the file before it is printed,
- It does absolute page management by rotating or removing pages
- It merges PDF files
- It has e-mail integration
- It does conversion of multiple pages of PDFs
- It allows you to apply password-protection
- It can add watermarks and electronic letterheads
- The trial version comes with a nag screen that disturbs users.
- It has complicated advanced features that are hard to understand.
- The software costs $ 34.95
- macOS 10.6 or later.
Download it at https://macdownload.informer.com/deskpdf-creator/
6. PDFClerk Pro
PDFClerk Pro also qualifies as a great Readdle PDF Expert alternative for macOS 12 because it is software known for its high-speed functionality when it comes to handling PDF documents. It comes with various interesting features. For instance, you can make a PDF document in other foreign languages such the common ones like English, as well as other like Hebrew or Arabic. Other helpful capabilities include creating PDF documents from scratch, and adding blank pages, rotating, deleting and reordering pages. It also marks up documents, whereas merging and splitting them. It also creates and edits PDF forms as well as hyperlinks.
- It lets users resize pages or even entire documents to another page size
- It allows users to manipulate PDF pages by shifting their content if necessary.
- It permits users to export single pages in image formats such as png and jpg
- It can make audio files from a text's document.
- It does not possess page mark-up tools.
- The interface is not quite appealing and so may discourage new users or beginners.
- The Price depends on different licences.
- macOS 10.5.0 or later
Download it at https://pdfclerk-pro.apponic.com/
7. PDF Signet
PDF signet is a perfect PDF Expert alternative & competitor for macOS 12 since it carries great significant PDF editing features. The most valuable feature is its ability to allow users to insert digital signatures into their PDF documents with an X.509 certificate, but in an extremely user-friendly manner. This PDF Expert alternative and similar app for macOS 12 also lets users verify the inserted signatures by simply dropping the concerned PDF file into the app. Therefore, as you and significant parties sign your invoices and other PDF documents with your certificate, which are stored in Keychain or on a smartcard, you can be sure that you have the right signatures. PDF Signet may sound complex, but it is a simple tool.
- It allows users to place their signatures digitally on PDF files through any device.
- The certificate for signing is employable easily from the Keychain.
- It can automatically sign documents as you create them.
- It has the ability confirm the validity of existing signatures.
- It is limited to a certain area of functionality in PDF documents.
- It goes for $ 10
- macOS 10.7 or later versions of the system.
Download it at https://download.cnet.com/PDF-Signet/3000-18497_4-76168110.html
PDFLab is another free alternative to PDF Expert for macOS 12 that permits users to divide and merge PDF files. It lets them add images as well as blank pages. It also gives users the ease to build PDF documents by joining multiple images. Its usability is quite impressive, as users only need to insert their files in a list, pick the pages, arrange them in a sequence and build a new PDF file. Additionally, PDFLab can also automatically scale pages to fit your preferred paper size, can retain source PDFs’ outlines, and even add a new outline to the final product that represents the combined PDF.
- Users can protect their files through password protection and decrypt them when the need arises
- It easily divides or splits documents into multiple parts
- It also joins PDF documents to create new ones
- It is only compatible with a Mac OS.
- It comes with limited features as compared to others.
- It is a free PDF Expert alternatives 2023 for macOS 12
- macOS 10.3.9 or later
Download it at https://pdflab.apponic.com/mac/
Smallpdf is another paid and free PDF Expert alternative 2023 for macOS 12 considering that it is an online PDF signature platform that about twenty million use. It provides industry-standard security for your signed PDF documents and permits you to validate the signature of the signed PDF document. It also covers most PDF managing needs such as reading, splitting, and merging PDFs, compressing and converting into and from most common Office documents and image files, encrypting and removing file protection. Options like rotating, deleting, splitting, and extracting pages from a large document are gathered into the Reader module. The tool’s conversion abilities, allow turning your PDFs into editable documents, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint formats. Converts PDFs into images too.
- It allows addition of signatures to Gmail PDF attachments.
- It allows access of PDF files from Dropbox
- It secures your signed documents with SSL encryption.
- It functions on Mac, Windows, Andriod, iPhone, and Tablet.
- It allows users to batch upload PDF files.
Cons of Smallpdf
- The free version does not allow signing of multiple PDFs and so you must buy its premium plan.
- Premium plan is $108 yearly.
- It needs macOS 10.9 and later
Download it at https://smallpdf.com/download/mac
PDFfiller can also serve as a Readdle PDF Expert alternatives in 2023 for macOS 12 since it is a popular online PDF signature site that is trusted by more than 10 million users around the world. It provides two-factor authentication to access your documents and various ways to sign your document via PC, Mobile, QR Code, Capture handwritten signature with a webcam, and print pdf, sign it and send it. Install the desktop app to edit, sign, and store documents securely in the cloud.
- It accesses and saves your files in Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and OneDrive.
- It can edit your PDF files from any of your devices.
- It provides legal bind to all your signed PDF documents.
- It works on Mac computers, as well as Windows, Android, iPhone, and Tablet.
- You can add it as an extension to your Google Chrome too.
- Its free version limits signing of many PDF documents and so users must purchase premium plans.
Price and Plans of PDFfiller
- Basic plan is $8 monthly for one user when paid annually.
- Plus plan is $12 monthly for three users.
- Premium plan is $15 for monthly for five users.
- It requires macOS 10.0 and above
Download it at https://pdf-editor-mac.pdffiller.com/
What Is the Best Readdle PDF Expert Alternatives in 2023 for macOS 12
As seen above, PDFelement for Mac is the best PDF Expert alternative & competitor for macOS 12 since it is an all-in-one PDF editor that handles all matters concerning PDF files. The tool provides you with the necessary tools for PDF management. It gives you complete control over your PDF files, especially if you intend to post them online or send to significant person that require reliable information. With its robust features, you can achieve whatever you wish with your PDFs.
PDFelement for Mac qualifies as the best PDF solution for macOS 12 because it is designed to secure PDF information, especially when you must share it with others. It does so through various security abilities, such as open and permission passwords, which limit who opens, views and edits your PDFs. When you need to hide information completely, it redacts your data.
So, you can fully benefit through features like;
- Protection of PDFs through trustworthy security tools like passwords
- Digital signing of PDFs
- Saving and sharing of PDFs through popular cloud services such as Google Drive
- PDF form filling
- Editing and conversion of scanned PDF files and images through OCR
- Conversion of PDFs to various output formats such Text, HTML, EPUB and RTF
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- 10 Best Alternatives to Adobe Acrobat for macOS 12
- Everything about macOS 12: Release Date, New Features and System Requirements
- 10 Best PDF Apps for macOS 12
- 10 Best Things to Do before Upgrading to macOS 12
- 10 Common macOS 12 Problems and How to Fix