How to Copy&Paste between iPhone and Mac on iOS 14
When you choose to copy and paste items across Apple devices, you need to put the specific file types into consideration before you start copying and pasting between your iOS 14 iPhone and Mac. There are various methods to transfer contacts, photos, music, documents, and other types of data between Mac and iPhone devices. Therefore, use this article to understand the right procedures to transfer files from iPhone on iOS 14 to Mac depending on their types, among multiple other factors.
How to Copy & Paste between iPhone and Mac on iOS 14
Way 1. Share Files Between iPhone and Mac with AirDrop
The built-in file sharing utility, AirDrop, allows you to transfer files between your Mac and your iPhone on iOS 14 over Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections. So, you can move contacts, photos, videos, locations, and websites, among other items from iPhone to iPhone or Mac to iPhone through AirDrop.
To transfer files between your Mac and your iPhone on iOS 14 using AirDrop;
- Start by turning on AirDrop on iPhone/iPad;
- go to the Control Center and ensure that both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are on, and then tap on AirDrop and set your iPhone to be discovered by Contacts Only or Everyone
- Now turn on AirDrop on Mac;
- Go to Finder, hit Go, and then choose AirDrop. Switch on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as well to turn on AirDrop on Mac. Ensure that you set the option Allow to be discovered by as Contacts Only or Everyone
- Next, use AirDrop to freely copy and paste items across these Apple devices.
- Drag the Photos you want to send from Mac to iPhone to the image of the recipient and then hit Send
- Alternatively, click the Share utility in the app and choose AirDrop. Then select the recipient and then click on Done.
Way 2. Send Files from Mac to iPhone or iPhone to Mac via Email
Any file that you can add to your email as an attachment can be transferred between your iPhone and Mac. Email supports sending files such as documents, videos, and photos.
To transfer files from iPhone on iOS 14 to Mac and vice versa through email, use the following procedure.
- Create a new email on your Mac computer
- Add the files that you would like to send as email attachments
- Now send to your own email account
- After some seconds, check your email on the iPhone
- Open the newly sent email and download the items to your iPhone storage
If you would like to send the files from iPhone to Mac, create the email in your iPhone and then follow the above steps to attach and send files to your own account. Now, access your account from your Mac computer and download the items and store them.
As you transfer files between your Mac and your iPhone on iOS 14 using email, note that it may take a long time depending on the size of the files, as well as the quality of the network connection.
So, if you must use email, ensure that it is because you have several files in small sizes.
Way 3. Sync Files Between iPhone and Mac via iCloud Drive
iCloud Drive enables users to store files, such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word documents, among other supported files, which they can access from iCloud.com, iOS devices, Macs, or PCs.
It is the ideal solution to start copying and pasting between your iOS 14 iPhone and Mac because it allows you to decide what folders and files to be saved in iCloud Drive.
When iCloud Drive is on, you are free to access these files through any of your devices so long as you use the same Apple ID.
Here is how to sync files between iPhone and Mac via iCloud, so that it may appear as if you copied and pasted items across Apple devices.
- Begin by turning on iCloud Drive on your Mac and iPhone;
- On Mac turn on by accessing the Apple menu, go to System Preferences and hit the iCloud option and then choose iCloud Drive
- On iPhone turn it on by going to the Settings and tap the utility with your name. Now choose iCloud and turn on iCloud Drive
- Upload the files you wish to transfer in iCloud Drive from the source device
- Next, download the files in iCloud Drive on the target device.
Way 4. Transfer Files from Mac to iPhone or Conversely with Dropbox
If you are not interested in using AirDrop, email, or iCloud Drive to transfer files from iPhone on iOS 14 to Mac, you can use other cloud storage services such as Dropbox. It is a great option because it moves a wide range of files such as Zip, Audio and Text files, Excel, Word and PowerPoint documents, photos, and videos, among others.
The only requirement for this process to be successful is a stable internet connection for both Mac and iPhone.
If you are not familiar with Dropbox, use the process below to utilize it in transferring files between your Mac and your iPhone on iOS 14;
- Download and install Dropbox on your iPhone and Mac as well
- Launch the application and create an account in case you do not have any
- Now, log into the app using this Dropbox account you have created or normally use
- Transfer your files from Mac to your iPhone, upload the items to Dropbox from the Mac.
- On the other hand, send files from iPhone to Mac by uploading the items from iPhone to Dropbox.
- Once the upload is complete, access the Dropbox app on the target device, and check for the items. When located, download them.
Way 5. Send Files from Mac to iPhone via Syncing
If your Mac uses macOS Catalina or the latest macOS Big Sur, you can directly start copying and pasting between your iOS 14 iPhone and Mac by syncing. You can share Books, Podcasts, TV Shows and Audiobooks, Music, and movies.
There are two ways to copy and paste items across Apple devices via syncing;
1. Through a USB cable
- Use a USB cable to connect the devices
- In Mac, go to Finder and select your iPhone/iPad
- Now, choose the types of files you wish to share including Movies, Music, and others, and then you will see a list of apps.
- Drag the selected files from the Finder window onto the app to start the transfer of files from Mac to iPhone.
2. Over Wi-Fi connection
Set up Wi-Fi syncing
- Connect the iPhone to the Mac through a USB cable
- Go to Finder in Mac and choose the respective iDevice in the sidebar
- Change to the General tab and check the option Show this (device) when on Wi-Fi.
- Set up the syncing settings based on your needs and click Apply
- When your iPhone and Mac are connected over Wi-Fi you can choose the iPhone in the sidebar and sync it.
Way 6. Transfer Files Between Mac and iPhone Using iTunes File Sharing
With iTunes File Sharing, you can share files, like Pages, Number, and Keynote, between your Mac and iPhone via apps that support the sharing of files. To confirm if an app has the app sharing feature, go to the documentation and see.
This process will enable you to transfer files between your Mac and your iPhone on iOS 14 via iTunes sharing;
- Connect the iPhone to the Mac using the right cable
- Launch the iTunes app on Mac and then click on the Device button that is above the sidebar of the iTunes window
- Choose File Sharing
- Choose the application you want to transfer a file to, or simply choose from the list on the left
- Begin transferring files between the iPhone and Mac.
- To copy files from your Mac to iPhone, hit the Add utility. Choose the respective files you want transferring and then hit Add
- To transfer files from iPhone to Mac, choose the file to be shared in the list on the right and hit Save to, and then select where to save the file. Now click on Save To again.
Having made a successful transfer, you can check the files in the corresponding location or application.
Best iPhone/iPad PDF Editor for iOS 14 – PDFelement for iOS
You can start copying and pasting PDFs between your iOS 14 iPhone and Mac. With the right PDF editor, such as PDFelement for iOS, you can do this process easily and handle more productive activities. This application is swift, recognizes your PDF files immediately, and conducts it functions perfectly. The user interface is simple and friendly, making school and office work more fun than hectic.
PDFelement for iOS simplifies the copy-pasting of PDFs by providing the Wi-Fi transfer feature that allows you to send PDFs to other iPhones and iPads, so long as they are connected to the same network. If you must send it to a Mac computer, you can easily do it through email. On the other hand, you can easily get your PDFs from your Mac computer, if you upload the files to cloud services. You will just go to PDFelement for iOS in your iPhone/iPad and import those PDFs from cloud storage.
PDFelement for iOS is functional both offline and online. You can edit your PDFs while offline and make them attractive. When online, you can import PDF files saved in cloud storage or transfer files to colleagues through email or Wi-Fi. You only need a stable internet connection.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Fix Messenger Keeps Crashing on iOS 14
- How to Recover Deleted iPhone/iPad Emails on iOS 14
- How to Delete Emails on your iPhone and iPad on iOS 14
- How to Change, Add or Remover Apple ID Payment on iOS 14
- What to Do If Emails Not Showing Up on iOS 14