How to Condense PDF
When you condense PDF, you make it denser and more concentrated. Which is another way of saying you reduce file size. Let's give you an example from another aspect. For example, you can say the Sunday brunch was condensed into a half-hour meeting. See, the same way you can condense PDF file to reduce its size. Today, we will talk about how to condense PDF file online and offline with the best PDF tools.
Steps to Condense PDF
For the how to condense PDF file size guide, we will use PDFelement. This is one of the best PDF editors on the market. With an affordable price and wide palette of features, it is a must for efficient workflow. Here is the guide.
Step 1. Open the PDF File
Open the PDF file you want to condense. The simplest way to open the file is "File" > "Open" and browse the file.
Step 2. Condense PDF Size
Next, you need to condense PDF file size. For that purpose, click on the "File" drop down menu, and click on "Optimize". A new window will open, where you can choose one of the three compression options: low, medium, and high.
Choose one option. You will notice the program will automatically calculate the final size of the document. If you are satisfied with the size, click "Optimize".
You can then save the document, or share it via email, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
Another way to condense PDF size is to manually remove some of the unwanted parts of the document. For example, remove unwanted text or images from the file. Here is a quick guide how to do that.
Step 1. Go to the "Edit" section. Click on the third icon from the left, which is "Edit text and images". It gives you the option to edit text via "Line or Paragraph Mode". The first one allows you to remove and edit line by line. The latter gives you control over the entire paragraph.
Step 2. For the next step, stay in the "Edit" section. Again, you need to click the "Edit" text and images icon. This will allow you to select images or graphical objects. Right-click on any object to open the options. You can overturn it, rotate it, extract, or replace image. Or, you can crop the image. Move over the cursor over any corner, and then move it inwards.
With that in mind, let's take a look what makes PDFelement one of the best PDF editors .There are two aspects you need in a good PDF editor. One is price, and the other is features. It gives you options for Standard and Pro subscription. Whatever you choose, the price is lower than competitive software like Adobe Acrobat DC, Phantom PDF, and Foxit PDF. The second aspect is features. It has every feature you need, for a more affordable price. Here is a quick breakdown of the most popular features:
- Edit text, images and graphical objects within the document.
- Add hyperlinks, watermarks, header & footer, watermarks to PDF.
- Optimize PDF to condense file size.
- Create PDF from any other file format.
- Convert PDF to different file formats, including Word, Excel, PPT, HTML, RTF, Epub.
- Create interactive form fields and recognized form fields automatically.
- Create digital signature and use digital signature to sign documents.
- Merge or extract pages within the document.
- Protect the document using 256-password encryption.
- Use OCR to turn scanned documents into searchable and editable text.
How to Condense PDF File Size Online for Free
If you only need to condense PDF File, you can try using online PDF condenser for free - Hipdf. The tool is easy to use for condensing PDF file size online. Simplicity is again the main benefit. With just a few clicks, you can condense PDF. Here is a guide how to do it.
- 1. Open the website of HiPDF. Click on "All tools", and then select "Compress PDF".
- 2. Drag and drop files into the website, or click "Choose File" and locate the file you want to condense.
- 3. Choose the type of compression: low, medium, or high. Click compress to condense the PDF.
- 4. Wait for a few seconds, and then you have your document ready. You can either download the document, or share it. You can share via Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, and LinkedIn. If you need batch compression, you need to subscribe to the tool.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Make a PDF Smaller to Email
- How to Decrease PDF Size Online and Offline
- How to Increase PDF Size
- How to Compress Image to PDF
- How to Highlight in Scanned PDF