How to Decrease PDF Size Online and Offline
With an abundance of online PDF tools and desktop PDF tools, it is now a breeze to decrease PDF size. Why would you want something like that? Well, for starters, the PDF file size can be enormous. Think about the number of pages, images, and graphic objects in your file? Large PDFs are hard to transfer via email or other channels. But when you decrease PDF file size, you make it easier to transfer. The tools here can help you decrease PDF file size with just drag-and-drop. It makes your work life easier and your workflow more efficient. Let's see how you can do it.
How to Decrease PDF File Size
Before we get to the decrease in PDF size online, let's see how you can use desktop tools. For this task, we will use PDFelement, a great PDF editor. More on the software later. Let's see how you can use it first.
Step 1. Open a PDF
Open the file you want to decrease PDF size. You can click the"Open files" on the Home window to upload your file, or click the "Back" button on the top left and then select the "File" > "Open" or click the "Open files" option. You can even open another file format and turn it into PDF instantly via "Create PDF" on the home screen.
Step 2. Decrease PDF File Size
Click on the "Tool" button, and select the "Optimize PDF" option. You will notice a new window, where you can choose the quality and size. Options include low, medium, and high. When you choose an option, PDFelement will automatically calculate the final size and percentage reduction. If you are not satisfied, choose another. Then you need to click "Apply" and let the software do its work.
Another Way to Decrease PDF Size Manually
There is another option. As a PDF editor, you can use it to decrease PDF size manually. That means you can edit text, images, pages, and more, and reduce PDF size.
Remove unwanted texts:
Start by removing unwanted text and editing text size, font, and style. Go to the "Edit" section in the toolbar. Click on the "Edit" switch icon on the top right. You can edit the text in Line mode or Paragraph mode. The latter is by entire paragraphs.
Remove unnecessary images:
Next on the line are images. If your document has a lot of images, you need to reduce their size or remove unnecessary objects and images. Again, go to the "Edit" section, and click the edit button. Right-click on any image to edit it. You can delete an image if needed. To reduce the size of the image, click on any corner, and drag your mouse inwards.
Crop PDF pages:
Now let's move on the pages. Page boxes are the visible area of your entire PDF file. You can adjust the visible area using the "Page Boxes" tool. Crop them to create consistency within your file. Some pages have a more visible area; others have a less visible area. Go to the "Pages" section, and click on "Page Boxes." It is the first icon on the left. Here, you can crop the pages, change the page size, and more. All these measures will decrease the PDF file size manually.
Now, let's talk a bit about PDFelement. This feature-rich software has a familiar Office-inspired design and user interface. This makes the software easy to use, even for novice users. If you have ever used Office software anytime, you will handle it easily. As a great alternative to Adobe Acrobat, PDFelement comes with a much more affordable price.
What makes this software stand out is the design, simplicity of use, and features. Speaking of the features, we touched the topic with the option to decrease PDF size. But what more can you do? You can edit the text within your document, change style, font, size, or remove text using line and paragraph mode.
- Rotate images, crop images, extract images, and more edits with images and graphical objects.
- Convert PDF into a number of formats, including Epub, RTF, HTML, and Office formats.
- Auto recognizes and creates fillable forms.
- Extract data and export it directly into the CSV file.
- Create and apply a digital signature.
- Protect your documents with a 256-encryption password.
- Advanced OCR function to transfer scanned and image-based PDF into editable texts.
How to Decrease PDF Size Online for Free
If you want to decrease PDF size online for free, you can try Hipdf. Again, the simplicity and design of the product is the main selling point. So, how can you use the online tool? Rather simple. You get the easiest way to reduce the size of your PDF.
- Step 1. Start by going to the Hipdf official website and click on "Compress PDF."
- Step 2. Upload the File by clicking the "Choose File" button, or drag and drop it into the online tool. Choose the type of compression, low, medium, or high. Low is less compression and higher quality, while high is high compression and less quality. Click "Compress."
- Step 3. Download the file or share it directly from the website. You can share it via Google Drive and Dropbox. Alternatively, you can share the file on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin. If you want batch conversion, you need to subscribe to the online tool.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Create PDF from Images
- How to Turn PDF into JPG
- How to Save PDF as PNG Easily
- How to Make PDF from Images
- How to Extract JPG from PDF