How to Compress PDF to Chosen Size
In this article, we will be telling you the ways that are online and offline, paid and unpaid that you can use to compress PDF to chosen size or in a smaller size.
The question arises, why do we need to compress the PDF size. The simple answer is to transfer or convey them as quickly as possible. The medium through which we send our PDFs only allows specific sizes of PDFs to be sent. Like in Gmail, you can’t send more than 20Mb of PDF.
Or even this 20Mb takes a lot of internet bandwidth and consumes a lot of time to send to the desired receiver. PDFs have become an essential part of our earning or learning hours, so we transfer them a lot throughout the day.
To solve this problem, many applications on the internet easily compress PDF sizes.
How to compress pdf to chosen size online
In this section, we will tell you the best online ways that you can use to compress PDFs to chosen size or compress PDF to a smaller size. These solutions below are both paid and unpaid, varying in their features and mechanisms.
#1 Wondershare HiPDF
HiPDF is a free online web-based application that Wondershare specifically developed to solve PDF editing, converting, and compressing problems. With HiPDF, you can efficiently compress PDF to choosen size or compress PDF to a smaller size.
HiPDF is a bundle of tools comprising all the features you will require while working with PDFs. The application not only compresses PDFs quickly but is also designed to edit them and convert them to any other document format.
With its powerful editor, you can easily add texts, signatures, annotations, highlights, etc., to your PDF.
Step-by-step guide for compressing PDF files
To compress PDF to chosen size with HiPDF, land on their webpage.
- Go to the compress PDF webpage, you will see the option choose file. Click on that option and drop the PDF file that you want to compress.
- After dropping, the application will ask you to set the compression quality in which you want to compress your PDF, and that is: high, medium, and low.
- After selecting the quality, click on the compress button, and then your PDF will be compressed.
- After that, you can take back your PDF by clicking on the download button.
Quality after compressing
Quality is the primary strategy Wondershare HiPDF uses to make the users attracted to it. The application provides you with the compression quality that other applications don’t. Also, its converting and editing quality is competing with other paid software.
Batch processing (paid feature)
Batch processing is the paid and efficient feature of the Wondershare HiPDF. To use this feature, you have to subscribe to the paid version of the application. With batch processing, you can convert or compress your PDF documents into a group.
HiPDF has the best editor. You can do any sort of editing with HiPDF. You can groom your PDFs more by adding or removing texts, signatures, markers, graphics, colors, etc.
The main advantage that HiPDF provides is its best quality and the affordable price of the batch processing feature. Moreover, the application is entirely free to use.
#2 Adobe Acrobat Online
When we talk about the desktop version of Adobe Acrobat then it is a completely PDF viewer application with multiple editing features like compressing, etc. But, here, we are telling you the online version of the application.
With the Acrobat web-based version, you can quickly compress your PDF files to chosen size or smaller size as quickly as possible by just dropping your files there.
How to compress with Adobe Acrobat
All you have to do is go to the Acrobat online version page and follow these steps.
- Select the option select a file and then drop your PDF file to compress.
- After selecting the file, the application will prompt you to choose the compression quality in which you want to compress your PDFs, these options are: high, medium, and low.
- Click on the compress button to compress
After that, your PDF will be compressed and you can download it back.
The application is not free to use, you have to pay $14.99 per month to compress more PDFs.
ILovePDF is another great choice for you. The application makes you more productive in your working and learning hours while you are handling and working with PDFs. With iLovePDF, you can quickly compress PDF to the chosen size or compress PDF to a smaller size.
The application is completely web-based and you have to sign up or log in to the application to use it. ILovePDF is a tool pack to work with PDFs. It has a powerful editor that you can use to edit your PDFs by adding texts, digital signatures, markers, colors to them. The application also secures your PDFs by locking your PDF or you can also hide points on your PDF.
How to compress with iLovePDF
Go to their site and follow these steps.
- Click on the compress PDF option on the above menu bar.
- Then the application will ask you to select your PDF.
- Click on that option and drop your PDF file.
- After that, you will be given three options of compressing that are extreme compression, recommended compression, and low compression.
- Choose according to you, and then your PDF will be compressed.
- You can download it back by clicking on the download button.
The application is not free to use. You have to pay $7 per month.
Compress PDFs to smaller sizes offline
In this section, we will tell you all the ways that you can use to compress PDF to a smaller size offline. These applications are desktop-based and you have to download them to compress PDFs.
#1 Wondershare PDFelement
Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is the PDF solution developed by Wondershare, the same developer of the HiPDF. The application contains more tools and features than the HiPDF. With PDFelement, you can easily compress PDF to a smaller size efficiently.
The application is desktop-based, you have to download it from the Wondershare site to use it. With PDFelement, you can edit your PDFs and make them more perfect. PDFelement also converts your documents into multiple formats and vice versa.
How to compress PDF with PDFelement.
Download and install the application and launch it. PDFelement provides you with two ways to compress PDFs to a smaller size.
- One way is, after launching the application, on the homepage, you have the option to compress your PDFs.
- The other option is, under the tool section, to select the compress PDF
- After that, you have to set the compression quality in which you want to compress your PDFs.
- Now, your document will be compressed, you can see the size that PDFelement has reduced after the compression.
The preview option
With PDFelement preview option. You can easily preview the PDF documents that are being compressed on the compression quality rate which you have set. This option makes you revert if you don’t like the quality.
PDFelement never comprises the PDFs quality. The application is more affordable and efficient as compared to other applications.
Another Method to Compress PDF to Chosen Size
Alternatively, you can compress the size of your PDF file by the following methods.
Step 1: Remove unwanted Texts
To remove unwanted texts, click the "Edit" button on the toolbar then subsequently click on the "Edit mode setting" icon. Select either the "Line Mode" or "Paragraph Mode" to edit a line or a paragraph respectively. The text box will enclose the editable area where you can delete the unwanted texts via keyboard commands.
Step 2: Resize or Remove Images or Objects
Images occupy a large part of memory in files and thus resizing or getting rid of these images will greatly reduce the size of your file. To resize or remove an image on your PDF, go to the "Edit" tab, select the "Edit mode setting" icon and choose the "Paragraph Mode" option. Now right-click on the target image to access a variety of edit options. Click the "Delete" option to remove the image. To resize it, simply drag the image boundaries to the desired size.
PDFelement has more tools besides the compressor. It has both an editor and a converter too. With its editor, you can do all types of editing on your PDF documents. And with its converter, you can convert your documents into multiple formats and vice versa.
PDFelement is a powerful tool specially designed to ease and improve the way we work with PDF files. The complete PDF solution tool has plenty of up to scratch features that creates an unmatchable PDF experience. Ranging from speed, security, and incredibly user-friendly interface, PDFelement is no doubt a tool of the modern century. Its compatibility with several popular operating systems and devices makes it reliable and effective. You can download the trial version to try out first before moving to the unlimited and affordable premium version. Here is an in-depth look at its features.
- This program allows users to create new PDF files by converting or scanning multiple types of file formats which can be viewed on all PDF readers and devices.
- It offers plenty like editing texts, objects, images, links, pages and spell checking.
- Supports conversion of PDF files to and from a vast range of file formats like Word, Excel, Images and PPT among others.
- Through comments, reviews, and signatures users can seamlessly review and collect signatures.
- With this program, users can create forms via a single click, edit forms, and collect form data through fillable PDF forms with ease.
- It offers good security for document sharing through passwords, redaction, and digital signatures.
#2 Foxit Reader
Foxit Reader is another great choice for users who are searching for a tool that is mostly used in professional areas. The application is packaged with hundreds of PDF editing tools that you can use to edit, compress, or convert your PDF files.
Foxit Reader has a collaboration tool that lets the teams collaborate over documents and work efficiently. The application has the best document management tools, including timestamps and history, etc. With its compressor, you can easily compress PDF to a smaller size offline.
How to compress with Foxit Reader
All you have to do to compress PDF files to a smaller size offline is open the application after downloading and follow these steps.
- Click on the File option above. After that, click on the Reduce file size and then click on the PDF optimizer.
- Now, you have to select from the three options: Reduce File Size, Advanced Optimization, and Optimize Scanned PDF.
- Now, click on “reduce file size” and then “current file”.
- From a pop-up window, select the “retain existing” option.
- Click on OK to compress.
The application is not free to use. Foxit Reader is mainly used in offices in bulk.
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Reduce PDF Size
- How to Compress PDF on Linux
- How to Compress PDF in Easy Ways
- How to Compress PDF to Chosen Size
- Top 10 PDF Reducer in 2023