How to Use Acrobat Distiller Alternative
Adobe® Distiller is a program used to convert PostScript files to PDFs. Acrobat® Distiller used to be the only way to create PDF documents. Eventually it became available as a printer driver that allowed users to convert different files to PDF files as a printing function. Even today, any conversion from other software applications such as Word and PowerPoint to PDF uses the Distiller module. Documents are first converted to the PostScript format before being converted to the final PDF file. Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is a better alternative to create PDF files from other format files.
A Better Alternative to Acrobat Distiller
PDFelement will not only let you convert your PostScript files into PDF but will also allow you to convert over a dozen different file formats to PDF via a simple, user-friendly interface. This application allows you to convert different types of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, eBook, HTML, and image files into PDF files on the same platform. Get more details about how to make PDF file.
Plus, because documents can be converted in batches, users can also save time when converting their documents. Another conversion option that can help save time is page-specific conversion, which basically allows you to select specific pages to convert as opposed to the entire document.
Apart from conversion, PDFelement incorporates a number of other useful features. It can be used as a basic PDF viewer and editor with multiple options for text editing, spell-checking, and font/paragraph adjustment. It also incorporates OCR, which lets you edit scanned documents.
- For professional users, PDFelement can be used to organize PDF files with headers, footers, bates numbers, passwords, hyperlinks, bookmarks, watermarks, and other useful items for making documents more professional. It also allows users to extract data in batches, automatically detect form fields, add comments, markups, stamps, shapes, and other forms of annotations, and share the files.
- Users can also manipulate PDF files in a variety of ways. They can split, extract, and merge PDF pages, which can be useful when creating a new PDF file from different files or reducing the size of bulky documents.
- Best of all, PDFelement is one of the cheapest PDF tools on the market, with no subscription fees, making it a cost-effective option for individuals and institutions.
How to Use Adobe Acrobat Distiller
Introduction of Adobe Acrobat Distiller:
One of the major pros of using Distiller is the high-quality output PDF files. Distiller is capable of reproducing complex text and graphics on documents more precisely than other PDF creators, including Adobe's own PDF Writer. Professionals in design and publishing studios still use Distiller to produce high-quality PDF outputs, even though the functions on Distiller have been largely replaced with Adobe PDF virtual print driver.
Distiller is no longer available as a stand-alone download from Adobe. Its functions were mostly integrated into PDF Writer and users can create PDF files by simply downloading and installing PDF Writer on their devices. To create PDF files, users can simply open the document options (in most software applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and most web browsers), navigate to the printing section, and select PDF Writer as the printer. This will also work with any PostScript file opened via third-party applications.
If you have a stand-alone copy of Distiller, you can use it to convert your PostScript files to PDF in a few simple steps.
- First, save the file you are working on with the extension .ps. Then, launch Distiller, navigate to File > Open, and select your .ps file to open it. To change conversion options, navigate to Distiller > Job Options, and modify compression and resolution settings for the output file.
- Once you're satisfied with the settings, select Save and Distiller will convert your PostScript file into a high-quality PDF file.
Common Problems with Adobe® Acrobat® Distiller
Distiller is a great program for converting your PostScript files to PDF from a supported platform. However, Distiller leaves many less experienced users at a disadvantage, since not many everyday users will be familiar with the settings to produce high-quality PDF files.
Standalone PDF creation and conversion programs will usually work just as well, but normally with many additional options to convert. Additionally, users who want to convert PostScript files using Distiller will usually have to purchase the complete version of Adobe Acrobat Professional, which costs a minimum of $14.99 per month on a subscription basis. This is quite expensive, especially for users who don't often deal with PostScript files. In this case, you can discover the best alternatives to Adobe Acrobat here.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Use Adobe Acrobat 3D 2023
- Quick Way to Download and Install Adobe Reader Plugin in 2023
- How to Download and Install Adobe Acrobat
- How to Buy Adobe Acrobat - Adobe Acrobat Price Comparison
- Adobe Acrobat Standard vs Pro: A Detailed Comparison 2023