Can't Open PDF on Mac? Get the Best Solution Now
Having trouble opening PDFs on your Mac? If you're looking for a reliable way to open and view PDFs on Mac, there are tools such as Adobe Reader and other similar PDF programs out there that let you easily read PDF files. Some of them even offer limited options for editing your PDF as well. If you want a complete system that will help you not only view but also edit your PDF files in a number of different ways, PDFelement is a great solution. In this article, we'll outline how to open PDF on Mac with PDFelement.
How to Open PDF on Mac
PDFelement is compatible with macOS X 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 and 10.15 Catalina. The following simple steps will help you open your PDF files on Mac using PDFelement.
Step 1: Begin by Opening Your PDF File
Download and install PDFelement on your computer and then launch the program. To open PDF on Mac, click on the "Open File" button at the bottom right and browse for the PDF file you would like to open. Alternatively, you can also just drag and drop the PDF file into the program window.
Step 2: Edit the Document after Opening a PDF
Once the document is open in PDFelement, you can easily edit the text and images in the document. You can change font style, font size and even color. Select the "Text" button to turn on the editing functionality, and then click on the text you want to edit. You should see a blue box around the text. Double click on the text to bring up the cursor and then select the text to change its font style, size, or color.
To add text, click on the "Add Text" icon at the top column and then click on the page where you want to add text. An input box will appear where you can proceed to type in the text.
To add an image to the document, click on the "Image" button in the left toolbar and then select "Add Image" button. Select the image you wish to add into the document. You can resize the image by clicking on the edge of the blue box and then dragging it to adjust the size.
Step 3: Share the File after Opening PDF
Once you are happy with all the changes, click on "File" > "Share" and then "Mail". Log in to your email account to attach the PDF to email. You can then simply send the PDF via email right from PDFelement.
Video on How to Open PDF on Mac
One of the best options for viewing PDF files on Mac is PDFelement. The software is designed to make it easy for you to read PDF, as well as use its full set of features to easily annotate your PDF file. This means that you can highlight, strike through, underline, or add notes and stamps.
PDFelement also lets you add passwords to documents and even restrict opening, printing and editing of your PDF document on Mac. You can also sign the PDF file using an encrypted signature from your own handwriting. Most importantly, the interface is simple and easy to navigate for Mac users.
Solutions for PDF Won't Open on Mac
"My MacBook Pro can't open PDF files, especially those embedded in emails as attachments. Why can't I open PDF attachments?"
- Many factors can block you from opening a PDF file on Mac. These include damage to your PDF file, incompatibility issues between your PDF reader and files, and PDF protection that prevents a PDF file from being opened by unauthorized users. If you can't open a PDF file on Mac, try looking into these issues first.
- PDF files can't be opened due to file damage issues. Some PDF files will be damaged during the process of downloading or sharing. If a prompt from a PDF reader tells you that the PDF file you're trying to open is damaged, try asking for the PDF file to be re-sent, or save it to your local drive before opening it.
- PDF reader for Mac can't open a PDF file on Mac. Sometimes your PDF reader just can't open a PDF file because it doesn't support a PDF file that doesn't conform to certain industry-specific PDF standards. In this case, you should choose another PDF reader for Mac to open it.
Tips and Tricks on Using MacOS Mojave
This Apple's operating system comes loaded with a bunch of new features. Here are a few tricks to help you make better use of this OS:
- MacOS Mojave is already available. Download it to update your macOS to the latest version.
- The new macOS Mojave will make it possible for users to shop online using Apple Pay. Websites will display the Apple Pay button.
- Mojave will also bring Picture in Picture (PiP) TO Mac.
- An auto unlock feature will use location data from Apple Watch to unlock your Mac automatically.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Read PDF on Mac (Catalina Included)
- How to Split a PDF on Mac (Catalina Included)
- How to Extract Images from PDF on Mac