6 Best Free PDF Readers for Mac
Mac users can now easily view PDF files and documents using various software programs available online. Users can benefit in numerous ways from these programs, as they not only allow users to view PDFs but also manipulate PDF documents and fill simple forms. In this article, we'll list the top 6 PDF readers for Mac and outline their various features.
Top 6 PDF Readers for Mac
PDFelement is an excellent PDF reader for Mac users. It provides various modes to view PDF documents, and many other options to adjust view and zoom settings. Review and edit your document by adding sticky notes, text boxes, highlight tools, links, drawings, and more.
You can also convert, edit, protect, create, OCR, and add digital signatures to your PDF documents. You'll have an excellent editing experience. You can use this program to edit text, images and manage pages in your PDF document. Signing documents is an easy task as well. PDFelement not only provides the option to add a customized signature image, and the option to insert digital signatures to your PDF document. Convert PDF files to and from other formats like Excel, Word, PPT, TXT, or EPUB, etc. The following features are included in this great PDF reader for Mac:
- Lets users underline, highlight, or strikethrough text in their file;
- Allows users to view PDF files with different display modes;
- Enables you to edit PDF text while maintaining the original layout;
- Allows you to add shapes to PDF files;
- You can crop, rotate, and replace images. You can also merge files;
- It is compatible with macOS 10.14,10.15 Catalina, and 11 Big Sur.
2. Adobe® Reader for Mac
Adobe® Reader for Mac provides a host of affordable features for viewing and editing PDF documents. PDF documents can be created from a variety of sources and edited according to user requirements. Its key features are:
- Ability to create PDF documents from a variety of sources
- Allows editing, sharing, adding comments and different views of PDF files
- Supports scanning through OCR
Adobe® Acrobat® XI and Adobe® Reader XI have ended support and updates as of 2017. This means you will no longer receive security updates, product updates, or customer support. In order to avoid your file and data being insecure due to lack of protection, you should check here to find out the best alternatives to Adobe® Acrobat®.
3. Skim for Mac
Skim is a powerful PDF reader for Mac that allows the users to view PDF documents and edit them in a user-friendly manner. The application can also be customized according to users’ requirements. The main features of this PDF reader for Mac are:
- Allows to edit, view, and annotate PDF documents;
- Allows snapshots of documents for previews;
- Allows password saving in Keychain;
- Enables full screen preview;
Preview is an extremely user-friendly PDF reader for Mac which has a ton of options for viewing and editing PDF documents. This PDF reader for Mac has the following key features:
- Makes viewing and working with PDF applications easy;
- Enables digital signatures, bookmarks, and adding notes to PDF;
- Customize toolbar according to your needs;
Google Chrome comes with a built-in PDF reader for Mac which enables users to view PDF web documents within their browser. It allows readers to control various functions of their PDF document with easy-to-use functions. The main features of this best PDF reader for Mac are:
- Includes the option to save PDF documents from within the browser;
- Enables printing a PDF document from within the browser;
- The PDF viewer can be enabled and disabled manually;
6. Haihaisoft Reader for Mac
Haihaisoft PDF Reader lets you read PDF files effortlessly. You are able to open a document using your browser, as the "drag and drop" feature isn't available. It also allows you to rotate pages, view in full screen mode, make a presentation, skip to the first, last, next, or previous page, use the search function, zoom in and out, or create a favorites list.
- Print and Read PDF documents
- It takes up less space than Adobe Reader
- Haihaisoft PDF Reader can be launched instantly
- High privacy and security settings
- DRM-X platform protected PDF documents are supported
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- 6 Best Free PDF Readers for Mac
- Top 12 PDF Converter for Mac
- Best Free 10 PDF Editor for Mac (including macOS 11)