How to Edit PDF with Foxit PhantomPDF for Mac
After creating PDF files on our devices, there comes a moment that we wish to change the content in it. This only possible when you have the right software at hand, such as Foxit PhantomPDF. However, this tool lacks a Mac version meaning that you will not be able to edit files on the Mac platform with this software. In this article, I will offer you 5 effective Foxit PhantomPDF for Mac alternative.
Top 1. Foxit PhantomPDF for Mac Alternative
Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is the best alternative to Foxit Phantom PDF for Mac. It exhibits features that are almost similar to that of Foxit Phantom PDF. It integrates PDF reader, editor, creator, and converter into one package.
PDFelement is built with a number of editing tools that allow you to change texts, images, pages, font color, font style, and also font size. As well, you can annotate your file by highlighting, underlining, striking through, and adding text comments. Quickly and easily convert PDF files to or from other file types within seconds. It is incorporated with a modernized OCR technology that recognizes and makes scanned documents editable.
- It is well designed and this makes it very easy to use with its user-friendly interface
- You can test it for free by using the free trial version
- It is affordable despite being loaded with top-notch features making it the PDF editor with the best value for money
- It is compatible with macOS X 10.12, 10.13, 10.14,10.15 Catalina, and 11 Big Sur
Come and check the comparison of PDFelement and FoxitPhantom.
Edit PDF with Best Foxit PhantomPDF for Mac Alternative
PDFelement is compatible with macOS X 10.12, 10.13, 10.14,10.15 Catalina, and 11 Big Sur. It allows you to view, edit, annotate and convert your PDFs. Here is how to go about, once you have downloaded and installed the software.
Step 1. Open and View PDF
Open PDFelement on your Mac. Next, you need to upload files to be able to view them. Click on the "Open File" button and select the PDF file you wish to edit. Navigate to the "View" menu where you can find multiple options to adjust the PDF display.
Step 2. Edit PDF Files
Next, modify the texts where possible or change the font size of your PDF. To find this option click on the "Text" button and a formatting toolbar will appear. From there move the cursor to the text box and double click on it to modify. Click on the "Font" button and choose the font style you want. Then select the text field and change them.
To edit an image, you can click the "Image" button on the left toolbar and then move or resize it. Or you can double click the target image to get options for extraction, cropping, and replacement.
Step 3. OCR Scanned PDF Files
When your PDF is a scanned document the program will detect it and it will notify you to perform OCR. Click on the "Perform OCR" notification on the top. It will prompt you to choose a recognized language. Thereafter, save the changes and the program will immediately OCR your documents. It will then save the converted file in the Documents folder.
Step 4. Convert PDF to Other Formats
You are also able to convert PDF to other document formats to suit your needs. Go to "File" > "Export To" option. Select the appropriate format. The program will then prompt you to define how to save your file. Finish by clicking on the "Save" button.
Popular Alternatives for Foxit Phantom PDF for Mac
Top 2. PDFClerK Pro
This is among the top 5 alternatives to Foxit Phantom PDF for Mac due to its efficient way of handling PDF editing in Mac systems. It is loaded with some good features that are needed in PDF editing. In PDFClerk Pro, there are a lot of layout options when compared to other PDF editors. You can get PDFClerk Pro for a price as low as $48.
- There is no complexity with this software
- You resize entire documents using this editor
- The user interface is not encouraging
- It does not have a lot of features like some of its competitors
Top 3. PDF Studio
This software is an easy to use Foxit Phantom PDF for Mac alternate and yet it is also one of the most powerful. It is a good Foxit Phantom for Mac alternatives and it supports most PDF functions. With this tool, you can edit, merge, scan to PDF, convert to and from PDF, and securing PDF documents. You can get a PDF studio for $89 for the standard version and a Pro version for $129.
- You can try the free version before purchase
- Boast of some very good features
- Can be confusing at times especially for first-time users
- It is expensive considering what it can do
Top 4. PDF Signet
This is another good Foxit Phantom for Mac alternative. Apart from being good at editing PDF, it can also be used for a lot of things and this includes signing PDF documents and verifying signatures. The software is one of the cheapest as it costs just $10 and supports all Mac systems.
- Can confirm the validity of signatures
- Documents can be signed automatically
- It could be difficult to use
- This app has limited functionality when it comes to PDF editing
Top 5. Infix PDF Editor
This is a good Foxit Phantom PDF for Mac alternative that can edit PDF files so easily. You can use it to edit texts, images, font sizes, reformatting edited documents among other functions. Infix PDF editor is very easy to use and editing using the software feels like editing on Microsoft word. The cost of this software is about $99.
- Has the capacity to search and replace multiple files simultaneously
- It is easy to use
- There is a watermark on the final document after editing
- Its advanced versions may not measure up to the standards of its competitors
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Top 5 Alternative to Preview for Mac
- Best Foxit PDF Editor Alternative for Mac
- How to Convert PDF to Image with Preview in 2022