How to Take a Screenshot on macOS 10.15 Catalina
MacOS 10.15 Catalina has become popular at present, and many have upgraded their OS to 10.15. However, as it is a newer version, much confusion has arisen, and therefore, users are looking and finding solutions day-by-day. Hence, today we have come up with an interesting topic on how to take a screenshot on macOS 10.15 easily. So, let's take a look at some of the possible shortcuts with which you can take a screenshot on Mac for macOS 10.15.
How to Take a Screenshot on a Mac for macOS 10.15
Well, there are default in-built commands to take a screenshot for an entire window or a selected portion on the screen in macOS 10.15 with the help of Keyboard.
All you need to do is press Shift-Command-5. It will display all the screenshot control options on the screen like the following interface.
As you can see, there are six options. To have a clear view of the buttons and their specific functionality, check out the below image.
- The first option is to obtain an entire screen or the display. You first have to go to the screen you wish to take a screenshot and click on the Shift-command-5. From the option, choose and the entire screen will get captured. There is an alternative way to do so. You can execute Shift-command-3 to capture the whole screen, and it works in all macOS versions.
- The second button is to capture a screenshot of a selected window in macOS 10.15. Click on this option from the control toolbox and place the camera on the desired window. You can also use the shortcut of Shift-Command-4 to capture a selected window that works well on all macOS versions.
- Want to capture a selected portion on the screen? Our third option will do the task. Click on the button from the control toolbox. Drag and choose the area of the screen that you need to capture.
So, with the three simple tools from control toolbox offered by OS, you can take a screenshot on a Mac device for macOS 10.15 at ease.
How to Take Screenshot on macOS 10.15 without Using Keyboard
Capturing a screenshot on macOS 10.15 with the keyboard is a simple one but are there other options to master macOS 10.15 screenshots without using a keyboard?
Well, yes. Some utility apps allow you to take a screenshot on your Mac device. To capture a screenshot go to, Applications > Utilities > Screenshot. You will reach the below interface.
Now, double-click on the "Screenshot" option and obtain the screenshot by selecting the portion on the screen. When you execute Shift-command-5, this is the same app that will launch.
This kind of utility app is available in mostly all versions of OS and to be specific, if it is an earlier version, we can find Grab.
Another utility app that helps to take a screenshot on a Mac for macOS 10.15 is SangIt. It has various screenshot capturing options that you can execute without Keyboard. You can also obtain scrolling web pages and set up timers for capturing elements that are difficult to take. Overall, it is well-suited for hover-over attributes and drop-down contents capturing.
Best PDF Editor for macOS 10.15 in 2019
This section is an additional offer for you to bring to you an outstanding PDF Editor for macOS 10.15 in 2019. So, make sure you download the PDFelement on your Mac device once you have taken a screenshot on your Mac with macOS 10.15. After all, you will need a PDF editor or a PDF suite to take over the control of all your PDF works.
PDFelement makes your tasks more straightforward. You can control your PDF's like never before and enjoy a wide range of benefits.
- Convert PDF to other file formats, retaining all the formatting, layout, and tables as in the original structure.
- Form creation is one of the most adorable features. It helps you create customized and editable forms at ease. You can also perform analysis and export them to the spreadsheet.
- Most of the top organizations like Deloitte, Hitachi, Essar, and, Gentex Corporation use this software for its attractive features and security protection.
- Edit PDF texts, images, graphics and other objects easily as you are on a word processor.
- The advanced OCR function is available to help you turn scanned documents into editable.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Top 3 Cheapest Graphic Card for macOS 10.15
- How to Troubleshoot macOS 10.15 Office Issues
- How to Fix Major Keynote Issues on macOS 10.15