How to Wrap Text in InDesign - 2022
It is one of the coolest features in InDesign since it allows users to use both imagery and text in a seamless manner when conveying a message. The ability to wrap text in InDesign allows users of this design program to be able to create a work of art. InDesign allows you to wrap text around all types of objects including simple objects and even images.
But how do wrap text in InDesign? The fact that InDesign has so many features also means that you may be a little overwhelmed by just how many things you need to learn to make the program work. If you don't know how to wrap text in InDesign, this article will show you how.
How to Wrap Text in InDesign
Like we mentioned before, you can wrap text around any object in InDesign. Here's how to it:
- Step 1: Open InDesign and then import the document you want to edit by going to "File > Open."
- Step 2: To open the text wrap panel click on "Window > Text Wrap" .
- Step 3: Select the object you want to wrap text around using the Selection tool or the direct selection tool.
- Step 4: Now select the desired wrap shape from the text wrap panel. You can choose to wrap around a bounding box which will create a rectangular wrap or wrap around object shape which creates a text wrap that is the same shape as the frame.
- Step 5: specify if you want the wrap to be applied to a specific side in the "Wrap to" menu.
- Step 6: You can also chose to specify the offset value.
You may find that you will want to turn off the text wrap in the next text frame. To do that, simply ignore the text wrap in the following simple steps:
- Step 1: Select "Text Frame" and then click on "Object > Text Frame."
- Step 2: Select "Ignore Text Wrap" and then click "OK."
Edit InDesign Files without InDesign
If you work with documents a lot, especially PDF documents, you may require the services of Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor. This is a PDF document management tool that makes it easy to create, convert and edit PDF documents. It is the effective and affordable tool to choose when you handle a lot of documents and you would like and easier way to manage them. To be as effective as it is, PDFelement must have a number of features that come together perfectly to make document management easy. These features include the following:
- It can be used to create PDF documents easily and quickly. You only need to open any file in PDFelement to create the PDF file.
- You can also use it to easily convert files from PDF to other formats including Word, Excel, HTML and TXT.
- It has an OCR feature that can be used to convert scanned PDF files to more editable versions.
- You can also use it to edit all aspects of the PDF document including the text and images. You can add and remove text, add and remove images.
It is also quite easy to use and to demonstrate how it works, we thought we'd show you how you can manage a PDF document.
Step 1: Open InDesign File
To import the file, you can either simply drag and drop the file into the program's main window. Or you can choose to click on "Open File…" and browsing for the file you need. You can also click on "File > Open" to browse for the file you need to open.
Step 2: Edit Texts
You can choose to edit the text in your PDF document. To do that, simply click on "Edit" in the main menu and then select the block of text you would like to edit.
Once the text is highlighted, you will see a properties box open on the left. You can use the options on this box to edit the text on the document. For example, you can use the "Font" tool to change the font style on the document.
Step 3: Edit Images and Objects
One of the other options you have with PDFelement is the ability to edit the images or objects in the document. To edit an image, click on "Edit" and then click on the image you want to edit. This will reveal an alignment grid line that you can use to drag the image where you want it.
To resize the image, simply click on it and then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to resize it.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Spell Check in InDesign - 2022
- How to Resize an Image in InDesign - 2022
- How to Insert a Picture in InDesign - 2022
- How to Create Table in InDesign - 2021
- How to Do Word Count in InDesign - 2022