How to Convert PDF to Excel with OCR
Oftentimes, you may need to convert a PDF to Excel with OCR technology. It's an advanced form of image-to-text conversion that involves complex processes that aren't always accurate. However, there are several PDF to Excel converters that you can consider. This article shows you two of the most useful utilities - one to perform online OCR PDF to Excel conversion and one to convert PDF to Excel with OCR offline on your desktop - PDFelement.
Method 1: How to Convert PDF to Excel with OCR
PDFelement is a premium PDF editor with a full range of document tools to create, edit, convert, protect, optimize, sign, and manage PDF and other workflows. The best-selling point is the intuitive way the interface has been designed. New users can easily slip into their comfort zone with the convenient navigation and user-friendly layout. The process below shows you how to use OCR to convert PDF to Excel.
Step 1. Open PDF
First, import the PDF document into the program with a drag and drop motion. You can also use the "Open files" link to navigate to the file and import it that way.
Step 2. Click "Perform OCR"
PDFelement will automatically detect that the file is image-based and contains text that needs to be converted. It will prompt you with a "Perform OCR" notification, or you can go to the "Tool" tab and then select "OCR" below it. Click on the notification button to open the OCR window.
Step 3. Settings for OCR
In the OCR pop-up, choose "Scan to editable text" as the mode and check if the correct language has been selected. If not, change it to the correct one. You can also click on "Range" to choose which pages to convert and so on. Hit "Apply" when you're ready to convert it into an editable file.
Step 4. Convert PDF to Excel with OCR
Once you have the editable PDF, click the "Convert" tab at the top and choose "To Excel" in the toolbar. In the page that opens, select your output folder and assign a new name to the file. Hit "Save" and the PDF will be converted to Excel.
This is the best way to convert PDF to Excel with OCR on your desktop. In addition to OCR and file conversion, PDFelement also offers a comprehensive palette of PDF tools, as shown below.
- Editing PDF Documents: Any content in a PDF document can be modified, removed, repositioned, resized, and so on. It gives you full edit access for headers and footers, watermarks, images, links, text, objects, comments, annotations, etc.
- Create PDF and Convert from PDF: Its file conversion engine is highly advanced and accurate. Whether you're creating a PDF or converting one to another format, the key attributes of the content will be preserved in the output file.
- Merge, Split, Organize, and Optimize PDFs: Do all the tasks you need to do in order to manage your PDF workflows in a smooth and seamless manner.
- Protect and Sign PDFs: Apply enterprise-grade security encryption and sign documents with legally compliant e-signatures.
- Full-fledged Form Management Capabilities: Create and fill forms, convert forms from other file types, extract form data, and import/export information from/to PDF forms.
- Advanced Batch Processes and OCR: The Pro version offers several batch process options and accurate OCR in more than 25 languages.
PDFelement is one of the top PDF editors available today and much more affordable than equivalent tools like Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and Nitro Pro. However, you may be looking for an online option that allows you to work directly in your browser. Read on to learn more about one of the best online PDF editors for both basic and advanced tasks.
Method 2: How to Convert PDF to Text with OCR Online
The online PDF utility we're showcasing today to convert a PDF to Excel using OCR is HiPDF. The OCR function in this online tool is accurate and supports multiple languages. Once you perform OCR on the document, you can safely convert it to Excel using another HiPDF utility. Here's what you need to do:
Step 1. Go to the HiPDF web page for OCR and upload your file. You will need to sign in to your account. New users can subscribe directly from that page.
Step 2. Now drag your file from Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) and drop it into the white area; alternatively, you can use the "Choose File" button to upload the PDF file. There are also options to import from several cloud locations.
Step 3. The next step is to set the parameters for the conversion. This includes language and output format. Choose the appropriate language and select "XLSX" as the output file format. Click "Submit" when ready.
Step 4. Click the "Convert" button and when the OCR process is over, please click "Download" to download the Excel file.
As you can see, both the desktop method and the online method only require a few steps to execute. Choose the option you prefer and get started converting your PDF to Excel with OCR.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Extract Graphics from PDF
- How to Turn Excel to PDF
- How to Print Excel to PDF
- How to Save Excel as PDF
- Learn How to Save Image as PDF Easily and Swiftly