How to Add Sticky Notes to PDF
If somebody sent you a PDF to review, and you need to add notes or comments, the most common method for annotation is PDF sticky notes. These allow you to insert yellow or white callout icons on the PDF page. But how to add sticky notes to PDF and position them? Follow the steps, and you can add sticky notes to PDF easily and quickly with Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor.
Add Sticky Notes to PDF
We said sticky notes are the most common method for annotating and marking up a PDF file. When closed, they appear as an icon. And when you open them, they display a pop-up window containing the text of the note. You can choose the font style, size, and more. With that in mind, let’s take a look at how to insert sticky notes in PDF.
Step 1. Open a PDF
Launch PDFelement and open the document you want to add sticky notes.
Step 2. Add Sticky Notes to PDF
Go to the "Comment" section, and click the “Note” button. Your mouse cursor will change, and you can choose the position and location for the PDF sticky notes. When you click a position, a yellow sticky notes icon will appear and open a pop-up window for you to write what you want the sticky note to contain.
Step 3. Change Sticky Notes Properties
When you finish writing, click on “X” to close the sticky note. You can right-click on the sticky note to change the properties. If you click on “Use as default”, every other sticky note you add will have the same properties. Go to properties to change Author, subject of the sticky note, color, opacity, and more. If you want to copy the same sticky note in multiple places in the document, right-click on the note, click copy, and then paste in a different part of the document. You can also delete a sticky note by right-clicking and then select delete. If you want to select all sticky notes, right-click on any note, and click on "Select All" option.
When using PDFelement in Windows, you can add sticky notes continuously or move them. If you want to add sticky notes continuously, double-click the “Insert sticky notes” button, and then click on the places where you want to add, the sticky notes will be added one by one continuously. For moving comments, click the “Select” button, then drag the sticky notes to the place where you want to move it.
The Best Tool to Add PDF Sticky Notes
We used PDFelement as our option for how to add sticky notes on PDF. There is a good reason for that. PDFelement is one of the best PDF editors on the market. It is a great tool to visualize and manage your documents and provides an excellent range of features.
Key features of PDFelement.
- Edit text in PDF document using either line or paragraph mode, but also change the style, font size, and more.
- Edit images and graphical elements within the document by rotating, reducing size, cropping, and moving images.
- Perform OCR to turn the images and scanned documents into a searchable and editable text.
- Create interactive form fields and recognize form fields automatically.
- Add comments, sticky notes, markup, highlights, and similar annotations.
- Convert PDF files to a variety of formats, including Office formats, TXT, HTML, RTF, Epub, and more.
- Create interactive form fields with a single click.
- Convert documents into a PDF file, or convert PDFs into different file formats, including Office documents, RTF, HTML, Epub, and TXT.
- Add unique digital signature to your documents.
- Extract data from interactive forms and export the data in a CSV format.
- Add markup and annotation tools, review them, and edit comments.
- Insert page numbers, header and footer, and similar page elements.
- Redact sensitive text within the document.
- Protect your documents with password encryption.
The best part about PDFelement is most of the features are one-click functions. Just about everything about the software is beautiful. If you ever had problems with PDF editing and creating, time to make a change.
With a familiar office-style interface, PDFelement looks and feels simple to use. The powerful PDF tool helps you work with PDF files easy, simple, and fast.
And unlike other powerful PDF editors, PDFelement is affordable. PDF editors tend to be expensive and complicated the use. PDFelement is none of that. With a price of around $100, PDFelement is cheaper than Adobe Acrobat and Foxit PDF.
The software is available for Windows, Mac, and iOS. And you can use it on different platforms. With that in mind, here are some of the main features of PDFelement.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Link a PDF File in HTML Code
- How to Insert PDF in HTML with 2 Methods
- How to Find PDF Files on My Computer
- How to Search PDF Files on Google
- Top 5 Best Black Friday Tech Deals in 2023