Reasons and Solutions to Can't Edit PDF
PDFs are great for disseminating information and sharing documents but when you can't edit PDF, they can also be a hassle to use. Think about it, when you have received a PDF document that is a form that needs to be filled and you can't edit it, it can be quite the problem. You could print the document and fill in the form by hand but that wouldn't be ideal if you intend to send it via email.
So what do you do when you can't edit PDF files? But more importantly, why can't you edit PDF files? Understanding why may open your eyes to the possibility of being able to edit a PDF document and ending all your PDF-related woes. This article is going to address both these questions and offer you a complete solution to help you edit PDF files easily.
How to Solve the Can't Edit PDF Problem
Most of the reasons why you can't edit PDF files have to do with the software you are using. If you use the wrong or substandard software, you may be unable to edit a PDF document. You therefore need the best software in the business and that can only be Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor. The main reason why it is the best is that it perfectly marries simplicity and efficiency. The following are some of the features that make PDFelement the ideal choice.
- It allows the user to not only open PDF documents to view but also edits them. You can add and remove text or images.
- It can be used to annotate PDF documents. You can add comments, highlight, and even add custom stamps to the document.
- It also comes with an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) feature that turns image-based into fully editable documents without altering the layout.
- PDFelement makes convert PDF to other formats very quick and easy. It can change PDF to MS Office formats, Text, Image, HTML, and so on.
- It can combine multiple PDF files into one PDF or one image at once easily.
- It allows you to compare two PDF files to find out the differences between them quickly and clearly.
Here's how to use it to edit PDF documents. Begin by installing the program to your computer and then follow these simple steps to edit the PDF.
Step 1: Open the PDF
To open the PDF, drag and drop the file to the main window of the program or click the "Open files" button on the Home window in PDFelement.
Step 2: Edit PDF Text and Images
To edit the text in the PDF, click on "Edit" and then click on the text you would like to edit and a text box will appear where you can make changes. You can also edit images if you want. When you click on the image you want to edit, a box will appear around it. Drag the box to resize or rotate the image.
Step 3: Edit PDF Pages
You can add pages to the PDF document by clicking on "Page" and then "Insert". Choose whether you want to add a "Blank Page" or add a page "From PDF". You can also delete a page by clicking on "Delete".
Step 4: Edit PDF Links
You can edit the links in the PDF document by clicking on "Edit" and then "Link". Double click on the linked text to open a dialog box where you can alter the link properties. To delete a link, right-click on the linked text and then choose "Delete".
Step 5: Edit Fonts and Colors
To change the font and colors, click on the "Edit" button. Now click on the text you want to change and when the text box appears, select the text. Choose a font from the available by clicking on the drop-down menu next to the font type. The font color is right next to it.
Why Can't You Edit PDF and Corresponding Solutions
There are lots of reasons why you cannot edit PDF files, some of them are simple and straightforward, meaning you will have a solution in no time and others may be difficult and not very easy to solve. The following are the top 5 reasons why most people can't edit a PDF file and what you can do to remedy the situation.
1. The PDF document was created without the necessary administrative rights
Sometimes you may be unable to open the PDF file because the creator of the document turned off the editing capability. Working around this problem is really easy. all you need to do is use a PDF reader that allows editing.
2. The PDF document may be protected
Some people protect PDF documents from being edited or tampered with. So if you can't edit PDF documents check to see it they are protected.
3. Using the wrong PDF Reader
There are some PDF readers that don't allow you to edit the document. You might want to find a PDF reader that can also edit PDFs.
4. The PDF document was created with the Wrong program
When the PDF document was created using a less than effective PDF creator, you may have trouble editing the document even when you have the right editing program.
5. You don't know how to
Even the best PDF editing software in the business would be of help unless you know what you're doing. This is why it is vital you find software that is as effective as it is easy to use.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to View PDF in Web Browser
- How to Print to PDF in Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari
- How to Change Default PDF Viewer in Windows 10
- How to Read PDF on Kindle
- How to Save PDF Files from Google Chrome