Top 5 Things to Know about Windows 7 End of Life
Over the years, Microsoft has produced many operating systems and Windows 7 is among the most successful and resilient. Even after producing Windows 8 and 10, millions of users still stuck to Windows 7 because it is trustworthy. Unfortunately, Microsoft wants to make some changes and hence announced that Windows 7 end of support will begin on January 14th 2020. Windows 7 end of life causes dilemma concerning it use and future. Therefore, this article provides you with the most crucial information.
Top 5 Things of Windows 7 End of Life
1. What is Windows 7 End of Life
January 2020 will begin phase one of Windows 7 end of life. When Windows 7 dies, Microsoft will stop providing users with support, security updates and fixes for bugs. Since the announcement, Windows 7 end of support extended to offer you time to prepare for Windows 7 end of life free upgrade. Windows 7 end means that if you stick to the product, you will be using something that no company is responsible for, which puts you are great risk.
Since Microsoft will no longer be responsible for Windows 7, you risk losing data caused by security breaches on the operating system. It is discouraging and risky to lose important data and deal with cyber breach. Anyone using Windows 7 after Windows 7 dies is also vulnerable to new malware that develop inevitably daily. Since Microsoft will not provide security updates and regular patches after Windows 7 end of support, hackers will take advantage of ignorant users.
There are various reasons why Microsoft wants to end Windows 7. First it has the right to do so since the company uses a policy that stipulates how a product’s life begins and ends. Second, Windows 7 end of life gives room for sale of Windows 8 and 10.
2. Will Windows 7 End of Life Apply to All Versions
Windows 7 has various versions and they include Professional, Home Premium, Home basic, Starter, Ultimate and Enterprise. Windows 7 Starter contains the fewest features, is available in 32 bit only and supports up to 2 GB of RAM. The Home Basic version supports 8G of RAM and is available in 64 bit. However, you can only activate it in certain countries. Home Premium and Professional are available in 64 and 32 bit versions.
Windows 7 end of support will apply to all of these versions, meaning none of the versions will be supported after Windows 7 dies. Mainstream support ended in January 2015, but Windows 7 end of support extended to January 2020.
On the other hand, there are other versions known as Windows 7 embedded systems in terminals point-of-sale. Some of these systems’ support have already ended, such as Windows Embedded POSReady 7, which ended in 2016. Others like Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate for embedded systems, and Windows Embedded Standard 7 ended in 2013.
Although Windows Embedded Compact 7 and Windows Embedded POSReady 7 mainstream support ended in 2016, they have their Windows 7 end of support extended to 2021. So, it appears that by 2022, none of the Windows 7 versions will be supported at all.
3. Can I keep Using Windows 7 If I like It
Currently, there are millions of Windows 7 users that will be affected when Windows 7 dies. These are not only individuals, but also business enterprises that trust Windows 7 more than any other Windows operating system. If you are among these loyal clients, you may wonder or feel the need to use Windows 7 even after Windows 7 end. No one can stop you from using this operating system after Windows 7 end of life if you like that much. Actually, it will continue operating as usual and so you will not see any changes in the Windows 7 computer functionality.
However, this status will not last long. As mentioned earlier, Microsoft will no longer cater to Windows 7 after Windows 7 dies. So if you choose to continue using it, you will be using an unsupported operating system that has no security updates. With time, you will experience security problems.
Additionally, third party developers may follow suit when Windows 7 dies. Since Windows 7 users like you will not quit using the OS immediately, these developers may support their Windows 7 applications for a while. Unfortunately, advancements in technology will force them to eventually change platforms and quit supporting Windows 7. So, you may be left with nothing great to work with.
4. How to Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10
When it’s time for Windows 7 end of life, what to do is a Windows 7 end of life free upgrade. Upgrading to Windows 10 is better because it is more advanced.
Here are steps for Windows 7 end of life free upgrade to Windows 10.
- Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 , the download site.
- Click on the Download Tool Now function. Ensure you launch the download tool.
- To install on this computer alone, choose the option Upgrade this PC Now. Then click Next. Be patient since the process may take a while.
- On the license terms screen, select Accept. The software will check for updates and this may also take a while.
- When it is ready to install, click on the Install function and wait for the PC to copy files. Expect it to reboot severally.
- In the login screen, click on Next.
- Select Use express Settings.
- On the “New apps for the new Windows” screen, go to Next. The computer will be “Finalizing your Settings” and proceed to Windows 10 lock screen.
- Ensure you log in to the computer. Windows 10 may take some time to carry out an initial setup and proceed to Windows desktop.
5. Should I Switch Windows to Mac
If you are a Windows 7 user, you need to decide on the operating system you will upgrade to when Windows 7 dies. If you do not trust Windows 8 and 10, Windows 7 end of life free upgrade to either will not work for you. So, you may have to use a better and more powerful and trustworthy operating system like Mac.
macOS represents a series of graphical operating systems produced by Apple. It is used in Apple Mac computers that include several types of MacBook laptops and Mac desktops. You should switch to Mac computers when Windows 7 dies because macOS is a better operating system than Windows. It comes with a streamlined user interface that does not have compromising functions. The user workflow is magnificent, making it easy to install, update and delete apps, which area readily available in App store. Windows user workflow is complicated because programs’ installation takes place in diverse roots and footpaths.
Mac’s operating system also has lesser malware, vulnerabilities and security issues compared to Windows. Since App store is available with all necessary apps Mac computers, Apple manages to heighten security. You will also enjoy free preinstalled apps, which impact your productivity. Windows requires searching for apps.
Best PDF Editor for Mac in 2023 – PDFelement for Mac
As soon as you switch to Mac after Windows 7 dies, you will still need to continue with office work. PDFelement for Mac provides you with the best platform to deal with PDF documents. It is a great solution for creating PDFs and manipulating them to ensure they reach the required academic or professional standard. The creation of PDFs takes place in multiple ways. For instance, you can create PDF from text, web and image files. You can also start from scratch with the help of a blank document or using different capture options. The best part is that you can choose to create multiple files at once and save them differently.
- It helps in the enhancement of PDF appearance, through addition of background images or company logo.
- It changes the format of PDFs to files like Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Using OCR recognition, the program enables you to unlock image texts
- It ensures that PDF information is secure depending on its sensitivity. It uses redaction in data that is no longer required or password for the required.
- It also handles batch process that often happens in PDF conversion to other files, during OCR recognition and in addition of background and watermark.
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Top Windows 7 Issues and Solutions
- Guide on Keynote Remote for iPhone, iPad, and iPod
- How to Embed a YouTube Video in Keynote on macOS Catalina