How to Convert iBooks to PDF
iBooks is the Apple E-book application for iOS and macOS X operating systems. iBooks supports EPUB files and allows DRM protection to be added to eBook files for enhanced security. Digital Rights Management (DRM) is an access control to restrict the usage of patented materials. iBooks content can only be viewed on an iPhone, iPad or a Mac. You cannot view it on any other platform.
For sharing iBooks with non-Apple users, customers have to convert .epub files with DRM protection to PDF files so they can be viewed on different eBook reader devices and software. PDF is the most popular eBook file format, independent of software, hardware and operating systems. It also has a fixed layout configuration. In this article, we'll show you a step-to-step guide for how to convert iBook to PDF, and outline the best PDF reader and editor tools.
How to Convert iBook File to PDF
Calibre is one popular option which can be used on both Mac and Windows. To read EPUB files on other E-book readers, you will need an EPUB reader tool. Below, we'll show you how to convert iBook files to PDF with Calibre.
Step 1. Open your iBook File with Calibre
Open Calibre and click on "Add Books" to add the unguarded iBook files for conversion. Select the required E-book and click on "Convert Books".
Step 2. Convert iBook File to PDF
A new window will appear. Select the output settings and format you want to convert to in the eBook converter panel. You will select the output format as "PDF" to convert to PDF format. Click "OK" to start the conversion. Within a few seconds, your PDF file will be ready.
Tools You Need after Converting iBooks to PDF
PDFelement is the best PDF editor on the market. It can be used to easily convert unprotected EPUB files into PDF. Just import the EPUB file into PDFelement so you can edit, view, or share it with others. Some other features include:
- Fill and create PDF forms
- Organize pages by inserting page numbers, headers and footers
- Authorize documents with digital signatures and password protection
- Use industry standard OCR tools to unlock text within graphics
- Pay one-third of the price of other PDF editors on the market
- Convert PDF documents into various formats like HTML, Word, Excel, PPT etc.
- How to Convert iBooks to PDF
- How to Crop PDF on Mac (macOS 10.15 Compatible)
- How to Split a PDF on Mac (Catalina Included)