Best Adobe Reader Alternative for Mac
Like to have an Adobe Reader alternative for Mac to read PDF files? Adobe Acrobat Reader for Mac has various features for viewing PDFs, however, it requires users to purchase its various functions. Therefore, if you are looking for great alternatives to free Abode Reader for Mac, let this post help you with choosing the right one! This article will also tell you how to read and edit with the best Adobe Reader for Mac alternative.
5 Best Adobe Reader for Mac Alternative
PDFelement is a smart application for iMac, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air to read PDF files, draw attention to PDF content, change text, edit pages, and fill out PDF forms. It is compatible with macOS X 10.12, 10.13, 10.14,10.15 Catalina, and 11 Big Sur. And unlike Adobe Reader for Mac, it responds faster when you open a PDF file with it.
PDFelement is undoubtedly the best Adobe Reader for Mac's competitor. Not only is it the most cost-efficient, but also incredibly feature-rich to cater to business as well as individual needs. Whether it is paragraph editing or changing various aspects of the font, PDFelement can be referred to as the superhero of PDF editing.
- Edit PDF files with complete ease
- Create and fill forms
- Layered security features
- Put your stamp on the PDF file
- Share your files without any trouble
- Split and merge pages and much more
- Annotate PDF files easily
- Create forms and save templates
- Password protection
- Put a watermark on the file
- Ability to sign PDF files
- Convert, merge and split files with ease
Supported Systems: Mac, iOS, Windows, Android
Download this Mac Adobe Reader alternative to have a try.
How to Use the Best Adobe Reader Alternative for Mac
1. Fill and Save PDF Forms
Adobe Reader cannot save filled PDF forms on the computer. It only lets you fill out a form for printing. As the best Mac Adobe Reader for Mac, PDFelement not only lets you fill a form, but also save forms with data filled. So after filling the form, you can email forms to people without going through the procedure of printing, scanning, and sending.
2. Change PDF text, images, and pages
If you like, you're capable of adding new text, correcting typos, adjusting images on a PDF file. With simple clicks, you're able to insert, extract, and delete PDF pages, merge, and split PDF files. And these are not available on Adobe Reader for Mac, but it's an alternative.
3. Convert PDF to Word Doc
To reuse PDF content, click "File" > "Export To" > "Word" to export PDF to Microsoft Word. After the conversion, you can copy text and rearrange the content.
4. Display PDF documents in 4 modes
Adobe Reader for Macintosh display PDF documents in 2 modes: single and single continuous. As the best Adobe Reader for Mac, PDFelement lets you view PDF files in 4 modes: single, single continuous, facing, and facing continuous. For me, facing is really helpful when you need to check the info side by side.
5. A range of annotation tools to draw attention to PDF content
Of course, with Adobe Reader for Mac, you can highlight, underline, strikethrough PDF text, add sticky notes and a text boxes to comment on the idea. Actually, PDFelement offers more intuitive tools to do the job. Aside from the features that have already been mentioned, there are also shape drawing tools available like circles, clouds, arrows, etc.
2) PDF Expert
PDF Expert is a popular PDF editing software for Mac. This simple yet professional program lets users add bookmarks, as well as edit text and images within your PDF file. This alternative to Adobe Reader for Mac has many robust features that let you annotate your file, such as highlighting text, etc.
- Add or remove images, text, watermarks, etc.
- Implement signatures or passwords easily
- Split or merge PDF files
- Fill various forms in PDF format
- Capability to markup as well as annotate
- Supports a variety of file formats
- Equipped with professional tools
- Neat and clean interface
- Not very easy to use
- Does not have a setup wizard
- Features of the software are not very clear
- No OCR technology
Supported Systems: Mac, iOS
Skim is indeed a fully developed and well-rounded Adobe Reader for Mac alternative software that can be used for viewing and editing PDF files. It can be used for professional as well as scientific purposes. The software allows you to customize itself according to individual usage. The software can be used for providing previews and taking notes, amongst other things.
- Zoom in various elements using the magnifying tool
- Preview facility for links in the file
- Support for AppleScript
- Ability to highlight using swipe mode
- Can export the notes in text format
- Pinch zooming facility
- Ability to take snapshots
- Extra tools for lengthy PDF files
- Choose the colour of annotations
- Does not save texts in forms
- Does not have OCR function
- Not available for Windows Operating System
- Some tools don't work
- Bugs need to be fixed
Supported Systems: Mac
4) Free PDF Reader
If you are looking for a free Adobe Reader for Mac alternative and simple PDF viewer, then Free PDF Reader can be the software for you. The user interface of this program offers easy navigation that works well for any type of user. In fact, it is currently being used by more than 150 million users. It is a full-fledged PDF reader tool packaged with a variety of features while keeping it as simplistic as possible.
- Can be used to view various docs
- Ability to zoom the text
- Rotate the text in the file
- Various capacities for printing text
- View PDF files in a clear format
- A tutorial is available
- Guides on each step of the installation
- Save the file for future use
- Small size of the download
- Does not have editing features
- No advanced options available
- There are various ads
- No integration with other software
Supported Systems: Mac, Windows
5) Haihaisoft Reader for Mac
Hiahaisoft is an Adobe Reader for Mac alternative that is distinguished from other PDF readers and editors because of its small size. The total size of the installer amounts to only 3MB. Which is, of course significantly lower than another PDF reader such as Adobe Reader. The software has been designed while keeping the ease of use in mind, along with support for an assortment of languages.
- View all kinds of PDF documents
- Takes no time in switching on
- Read-protect your document
- Doesn't need a constant internet connection
- Reading all kinds of PDFs is easy
- Very small installation size
- Responsive and clutter-free design
- Various security and privacy features
- Printing PDFs create only blank pages
- Does not comply with PDF file's DRM
- Not very fast and stable
- Doesn't have many advanced features
Supported Systems: Mac, Windows
Price: 90 days fully functional free trial; Basic account- $50 per month; Premier account- $120 per month
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Add Image to PDF using Preview
- Top 5 Adobe Reader for macOS 10.15 Alternative
- Top 4 CutePDF for macOS 10.15 Alternative