Top 4 PDF Creator for macOS 10.15 Catalina
What does it take to become a Top 4 PDF Creator for macOS 10.15 Catalina, Apple's latest desktop operating system for Macs? What features and functions must it offer to be a preferred utility? Is it pricing? Or editing tools? Or perhaps creating PDFs from a wide range of source formats? No matter what you're looking for in a PDF creator for macOS Catalina, one of these applications below is bound to appeal to you strongly. We've highlighted the best and worst aspects of these software applications for creating PDF documents, along with pricing and system support information. Finally, for your convenience, we've provided an easy reference table to compare their top features. So, without any delay, let's dive into the subject of getting yourself a truly affordable yet powerful PDF creator for Mac OS 10.15 Catalina.
4 Best PDF Creator for macOS 10.15 Catalina
PDFelement offers Mac and Windows solutions for all things related to PDF. Their PDF creator for macOS is also their star PDF editor. It covers all aspects of handling PDFs, as described below.
- The Mac interface features a slick UI with a clean layout and easy navigation.
- PDF creation is a true pleasure with original formatting retained.
- You can create PDFs from a number of sources, including image files, Office documents, non-searchable PDF image-only files, and even multiple files by merging.
- In addition, you can run a batch process to convert multiple formats into PDF at the same time. The batch processes are faster than most other applications in this category.
- In addition, you can also create a PDF from scratch and then have it converted (single or by batch) to a long list of other file types so they can be edited in their respective native applications.
- To top it all off, this PDF Creator Mac OS 10.15 Catalina offers a whole lot of other functions like deep editing, form handling, OCR, data extraction, comprehensive annotating, superior security features, and advanced sharing capabilities by email and to cloud storage services.
- It has conversion limitations in the free trial version.
- Pro version retails at $79.99 for a year.
System Support: macOS 10.14 and macOS 10.15 Catalina | Windows Vista all the way up to the latest Windows 10 update
2. PDF Expert
This is a great PDF maker Mac OS 10.15 Catalina and contains some powerful PDF creation functionality. Don't expect to be able to do any heavy or intricate editing on your PDFs, but this application does have its advantages.
For example, PDF Expert is great for extracting printable information from an image file containing several text as well as graphical elements. In addition, you can do basic image and text editing. The real draw here is the annotation features. Apart from access to a range of annotation tools, you also have the ability to export your annotations, which is important when collaborating with colleagues. PDF Expert is one of the few applications offering full support for the Touch Bar on later MacBook Pro models. You can also create new PDFs by extracting specific pages from any master document. Other features include form-filling and PDF signing.
- Limited deep editing capabilities
- Lacks robust conversion and advanced tools
- Single license for up to 3 Macs is $94.39
System Support: macOS 10.12 and higher, iOS, iPadOS
3. PDFWriter for Mac
PDFWriter is a bit of a unique product in that it utilizes the printing and PDF capabilities of macOS to do its job. It doesn't offer a lot of additional functionality, but you'll be able to do directly ‘print to PDF' using this nifty little tool.
To create a PDF document, simply run the program, select your source file, and customize the settings in the ‘Create File' window of the software's interface. You will have the option of directly opening the file after a conversion, opening its folder location, or appending text to the file name if it conflicts with an existing PDF. Essentially a print driver, this utility uses CUPS-PDF, macOS's native printing system, to create PDFs from multiple formats using the module's conversion feature.
- Only saves PDFs to a default folder in /users/shared
- No additional functionality other than creating
- Open-source utility - free to use
System Support: macOS 10.12 and higher
4. Coolmuster PDF Creator Pro for Mac
Coolmuster's PDF Creator Pro for Mac application is another lightweight utility that focuses on PDF creation from different formats but lacks robust editing and other features. However, it does offer some key tools that are useful when handling PDFs, as enumerated below.
This application covers a wide range of input formats for conversion to PDF, including Word, HTML, ePub, MOBI, image files, and so on. The tool offers a one-click option to export these formats into standard editable PDFs in a folder of your choosing. You can also choose between single conversion and batch conversion processes. The single conversion utility integrates itself with Finder capabilities, which means you only need to right-click a particular file and use the contextual menu to convert it into PDF. The batch process works in a similar manner, but you can choose multiple files in this instance. One useful feature is that you can customize various elements such as security preferences, combining files into a big PDF using the merge option, etc. Another cool feature is the option of creating a PDF ‘photobook' of all your favorite image files.
- Lacks editing, extraction, and other features
- No integration with cloud storage services
- Retail price is $65.95 (discounts may be available at purchase)
System Support: macOS 10.6 and higher
Comparison among the 4 PDF Creator for macOS Catalina
All of these are great tools, but the key determinant of which one you choose in the end is different for each user. Some might be okay with a rudimentary PDF creator for Mac OS 10.15 Catalina, but others may require additional functionality such as multiple export formats, comprehensive editing and annotation tools, data extraction, OCR, and other advanced features. Here's a quick look at the capabilities of each of the four utilities mentioned above to see how they stack up against each other.
PDFWriter for Mac
Coolmuster PDF Creator Pro for Mac
|Advanced Features like OCR||Yes||No||No||No|
|Price Category||Affordable||Expensive for a single user||Free||Expensive, for the kind of limited features available|
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Fix iCloud Photos Not Syncing on macOS 10.15
- How to Fix Photos App Won’t Open in macOS 10.15
- How to Change Apple ID on macOS 10.15