How to Edit PDFs with an Alternative to PDF-XChange Editor
PDF XChange Editor is a popular PDF editor that is commonly used to read and modify PDFs. It comes with a lot of useful features, allowing users to easily edit PDFs. It has both free and Pro options. The free version of PDF-XChange Editor only supports viewing and minor edit. This article will address both the benefits and shortcomings of PDF-XChange Editor, and show you how to use PDF-XChange Editor and its alternative to edit PDF files.
The Best Alternative to PDF XChange Editor
PDF-XChange Editor offers a great way to edit PDFs, but it can be a little complicated for beginners. It is also not an ideal solution if you want to edit images. An alternative PDF editor that is not only easy to use but also allows you to edit every aspect of your PDF document is Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor.
The following is a step-by-step guide on how you can use this PDF-XChange Editor alternative to edit your PDF documents in different aspects.
Step 1. Open the PDF Document
Begin by installing PDFelement on your PC. Launch the program and click on "Open" to browse for the PDF file you wish to edit. You can also click on "File" > "Open" > “Browse” to find the file on your computer.
Step 2. Edit PDF Text or Image
Once the document is open, click on "Edit" in the main toolbar to open the editing options. To edit the text, click on "Edit Text" and then click on the text you wish to edit. A text box will appear around the text. Click inside the box to bring up the cursor. You can then type in any additional text or select the text to change font, font size, color, or style of the text.
To edit images, select the "Edit Objects" icon and then click on the image you wish to edit. A box will appear around it with corner markers (little squares) that you can use to resize the images as you'd like. If you want to change the location of the image, simply drag it to the new location. To delete the image, simply hit "delete" on your keyboard once the image is selected.
Step 3. Edit Scanned PDF
If the PDF is scanned, you'll see a message bar pop up at the top of the screen when you open the document. Click on "Perform OCR" and choose the OCR language. A few seconds later, a new PDF document will be created and you can edit it as outlined above.
Step 4. Convert PDF
Once you are happy with your edit, you can convert the PDF document to any format. Get more instructions about how to convert PDF to other formats.
Why Choose PDF XChange Editor Alternative
The features that make PDFelement your first choice when looking for a PDF-Xchange alternative include:
- Unlike PDF-XChange Editor, editing text with PDFelement is very easy and you can just as easily edit images
- You can also annotate your document in different ways; adding comments, notes and custom stamps or even highlighting, underlining and striking through text
- You can create PDFs in one click and convert PDFs to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, EPUB or HTML
- OCR features allow users to edit scanned or image-rich PDFs very easily
- You can also add a digital signature to your document and even add a password to protect the document
How to Edit PDFs with PDF-XChange Editor
With PDF-Xchange Editor, you can edit text as follows.
- Step 1: Begin by selecting the text you wish to edit. You can do that by clicking on the "Edit Content" button. You can resize, rotate or move text.
- Step 2: If you want to edit the text itself, you can double-click on a section of text to select it. You can then edit it by copying, cutting, or modifying font size, style, or color. Right click on the text to view these options.
Shortcomings of PDF-XChange Editor and PDF-XChange Editor Pro
PDF-XChange Editor is a popular choice, but it lacks some crucial features including:
- It can't edit images as easily as PDFelement can
- You can't use it to convert PDF to EPUB or HTML
- It may not work with password-protected PDFs
Tips on Using PDF-XChange Editor
The following are some tips to make using PDF-XChange Editor easier:
- When editing text, right click on the selected text to see a number of options including "Undo" if you want to reverse the last changes made.
- You can also set different paragraph options by selecting "Paragraph". This allows you to set the alignment, indention, and spacing.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Everything You Need to Know about Nitro Pro
- Nitro PDF Editor and 13 Best Nitro Alternatives
- The Best Foxit PDF Editor Alternative
- How to Redact PDF in Foxit and Powerful Alternative
- How to Convert PDF to Excel in Foxit Alternative