How to Split PDF on Linux
There are various software programs and online PDF splitters available to divide PDF pages into multiple PDF files in Windows. The best way to divide PDF files is to use a trustworthy program like PDFelement or similar online tools. The article below presents various PDF divider tools and their key features.
Split PDF on Linux with Ghostscript
You can split PDF files using Ghostscript. For Linux users, Ghostscript will already be installed on your system. If so, you can use this simple script in the following order.
Step 1: #!/bin/bash # Usage ./PDFsplitr.sh inputfile.PDF outputfile.PDF pagenumber # Example: ./PDFsplitr.sh myfile.PDF myotherfile.PDF 2 GS=$(which gs) # Make sure Ghostscript is installed if [[ $GS = "" ]] then echo "Ghostscript is not installed" exit fi # Run the actual conversion. $GS -sDEVICE=PDFwrite -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sOutputFile=$2 -dFirstPage=$3 -dLastPage=$3 $1
Step 2: Provide the file you wish to split, the output file, and the page number in this format: ./PDFsplitr.sh myoriginal.PDF mysplittedfile.PDF 2
Step 3: Save your script to 'PDFsplitr.sh' .
Available PDF Toolkits for Splitting PDF on Linux
PDFtk is a toolkit for merging, splitting and attaching files to PDF documents on Linux. For example, if you want to remove pages 20 to 25 from a PDF document, all you need do is to type the command "PDFtk myDocument.PDF cat 1-9 26-end output removedPages.PDF ".
- It has the "Burst" option which gives users the opportunity to split a PDF into multiple files by making it one file for each page.
- It has the ability to remove specific PDF pages from a file easily.
- It is flexible and fairly easy to use.
The PDF Shuffler is a small Python-GTK application that is capable of splitting and merging PDF files on Linux. You can install it manually which is an easy option. You can also use the supper command sudo apt-get install PDFshuffler.
- With multiple PDF files, you can separately open each file by re-clicking the Import button.
- Note that these pages will be added on the viewing window as a series of Thumbnail views.
Best Solution for Splitting PDF on Windows
Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is an all-in-one PDF tool that can be used to carry out a large variety of PDF tasks on Windows. One such task is the splitting of PDF documents. It can split PDF files with a high level of customization.
Tips for Splitting PDF on Windows
- To get started, go to the Pages menu on the right Tools pane and click the "Split Document" button. A pop-up will appear that allows you to change settings. For example, you can split a document by specific page numbers, odd or even pages, etc. You can also customize the page you want to split, enter page numbers, and select a page range.
- You can also use the Crop function to extract specific PDF pages or images. Save them in your local folder for future use.
- Note that there are limitations to the trial version of this software. It is recommended to use the paid version if you want to access the full features.
Best Tool for Splitting PDF on Mac
Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is a highly capable software that can split PDF documents on Mac. In fact, it is regarded as the best desktop tool for splitting PDF documents for mac users. It is simple and offers top quality output files for users. This tool also allows customization capabilities during the splitting process.
Tips for Splitting PDF on Mac
- Note that on PDFelement for Mac, users have the option of cropping, inserting, merging, or extracting pages from the Page menu. You can split or cut PDF files or pages using the splitting document or a cropping page function.
- Note that there are limitations to the trial version of this software and you'll need to buy the paid version for accessing its full features.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Split PDF File Quickly
- How To Split PDF into Single Pages
- How to Use Smallpdf to Split PDF
- How to Split PDF to JPG
- How to Split Page in Word