Top 5 Android PDF to Speech Converter Apps
Do you often have many articles, books, and notes to review, but don't have time to read through each one? In this case an eBook reader might be a good choice for when you are commuting, when you are working around the house, or when you are walking or jogging. Fortunately, there are Android apps that can provide a solution for you. These are called text to speech Android converters apps. These apps are great tools for students who want to study their reading materials by listening to them rather than reading them.
Android PDF to Speech Converter in 2018
1. eReader Prestigio: Book Reader
eReader Prestigio is a cool eBook reader which supports many formats such as PDF, EPUB, HTML, TXT, MOBI and more. It is a multi-lingual, multi-format eBook app. eReader Prestigio has an intuitive interface in over 25 languages and it provides an eBooks library with over 50 thousand books to choose from.
In the App, you can personalize your reading mode for example setting up the font, size, night mode and so on; you can also sync books between your mobile phone and your cloud accounts.
- Allows for personalization;
- It has an easy-to-use user interface.
- It provides an eBooks library of 50,000 books
- Privacy issue-it needs to scan all your files to convert them to Speech.
- Larger PDF files may take a long time to finish converting.
2. Xodo PDF Reader & Editor
Xodo is an all-in-one PDF reader and PDF annotator/editor. By downloading this free app, you can read, annotate, sign, and share PDFs and even fill in PDF forms. Furthermore, you can sync PDF files with Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive.
The app now supports English, Chinese, Italian and Polish.
- It can open Word, PPT, Excel for reading;
- It also supports annotating PDF files;
- The intuitive interface is easy to learn
- Functional but can glitch
3. NaturalReader Text to Speech
The NaturalReader Text to Speech app is a pdf to voice app for Android, which easily converts PDF text to voice. It has many natural-sounding voices to choose from and it allows for the ability to sync documents in a cloud account and CC mode. PDF, Word, RTF and TXT are also supported by the app.
The app's home screen displays all the files you have imported. The icon with a plus at the upper right hand corner allows you to add text manually, or by selecting a file from your computer, Dropbox, or Google Drive. The button with the symbol of a person lets you log in to your NaturalReader cloud account.
Tapping on a file you have imported moves you to a page where you can view the document. The document can be read aloud by clicking on the green play button at the bottom of the screen. The gear icon which can be accessed at the top of that page lets you choose your preferred voice, speed and font.
- The design is visually pleasing and simple. It is straightforward and easy to use.
- The voices sound natural, especially the ones that are available online.
- This app has no advertisements.
- There is a lack of offline support for converting the text to audio.
4. @Voice Aloud Reader - Read Aloud
A free PDF text to speech Android app, @Voice Aloud Reader converts text to audio. It supports text, PDF and HTML files.
The app's main screen lists the files you have loaded for conversion. Tapping the upper left corner will show you different reading lists where you can categorize your files. Files can be added by tapping on the plus button at the bottom of the screen. Selecting an item from the list allows you to view the contents of that file. At the bottom of the page, you can see the different audio controls such as play, next, and stop. Using the slider below you can set the speed, pitch and volume. Plus, there is a button to change the voice or language. Languages available are English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese and Russian.
- The app supports importing articles from 'Pocket'.
- It has the ability to set the speed, pitch and adjust volume.
- You can create and name lists for easier organization.
- The free version of the app includes advertisements. To remove the advertisements, the full version needs to be purchased.
- There were bugs within the app from time to time.
- In some instances, the app crashed while adding files.
- The app requires an Internet connection for the PDF text to speech conversion process.
PdfSpeaker creates an audio file from your PDF. The interface of this app is similar to the file system that shows you the folders inside your phone. You can easily navigate through this file system to find the PDF you want to listen to. Clicking on the PDF brings you to a screen where the content is displayed. The control option for the audio playback is situated at the top of that screen.
- The voice and accent of the speaker are very clear.
- The app performs the conversion quickly and does not require an Internet connection.
- The app allows you to save the audio of the PDF using the WAV format.
- The app's user interface is poor, making it quite difficult to use. It takes time to navigate through the directories inside your phone in order to find to the PDF you want to listen to.
- There are advertisements in the app.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Top 5 Android PDF Creator Apps
- Top 5 Android PDF to EPUB Converters
- Top 5 Android Web to PDF Converter Apps
- How to Print PDF via iBooks on iPad
- How to Remove DRM EPUB for iPad