PDF Expert vs PDFpen, Which One to Choose
PDF document handling for Mac OS users has been an uphill task owing to the limited PDF editor applications around. That said, there are some pretty cool options you can go for such as the PDFpen, Adobe Acrobat as well as the PDF Expert. Wondering which one of these you can go for? Well, it can be hard to pick but this review will compare two best pdf editors for Mac OS of PDF Expert vs PDFpen. Both of these editors are among the best in their own perspective but like any other software, they have their ups and downs. Let’s delve in deeper!
A Full Comparison between PDF Expert and PDFpen
Again, choosing between PDFpen and PDF Expert can be an uphill task given that both software are more or less equipotent. They however differ when it comes to their strong characteristics where PDF Expert is known for being a fast editor while PDFpen is known for its effectiveness. When compared in terms of the task, they more or less can perform the same tasks to a satisfactory level. The tools are accompanied by pretty awesome online support but PDF Expert tends to have an edge over PDFpen in support services. Now, let’s do a side by side comparison of these two PDF tools.
1. PDF Expert vs PDFpen: Features
PDF Expert: It is known for its speed where it can quickly annotate and edit PDF documents. It performs the basic functions like any other PDF editor while it also allows one to take notes, highlight as well as doodle PDF documents. It also comes in handy in dealing with images in a way that is very easy to use.
PDFpenPro: Like PDF Expert, this tool has a good blend of the basic and advanced PDF editing features namely, conversion, data extraction, PDF highlighting, commenting etc. One can create searchable pdf documents despite the notions that PDF is usually read-only format. On top of these functions, one can add signatures to the documents as well as convert them to multiple formats. Its major strength is in its high efficiency and effectiveness in the realm of handling PDF files.
2. PDF Expert vs PDFpen: Supported systems
Both PDF Expert and PDFpen are compatible with Windows 7/8/10 and Mac OS
3. PDF Expert vs PDFpen: Price
PDF Expert goes for a one-time payment of $59.99 USD while PDFpen comes in two forms. PDFpen for Mac goes for $74.95 USD while PDFpen pro for Mac goes for $124.95 USD.
4. PDF Expert vs PDFpen: Pros and cons
- Tabs interface makes it easy to handle multiple pdf simultaneously.
- It is very fast, especially with large PDF documents.
- It is very user-friendly hence easy to use.
- It is cheaper than similar performance software.
- PDF Expert lacks OCR functionalities
- Signing using the Trackpad can get messy on the document.
- It is effective since it includes all the necessary PDF markups and editing features one needs
- Very easy to use
- It securely redacts sensitive information
- It proper files PDF documents
- It is affordable
- Edited texts usually uses the wrong Font
- For some of the purchase made, users have complained that the software crashed
How to Choose between PDF Expert and PDFpenPro
Choosing a suitable PDF editor depends on very many factors such as the price, speed, and simplicity as well as other factors that may vary depending on the user. When picking between PDF Expert and PDFpen, someone with a fixed budget may choose PDF Expert over PDFpenPro since it is cheaper. When it comes to speed of performance, many will also choose PDF Expert since it does almost 99% of what Acrobat does in a fast and simple way.
PDF Expert also uses a smaller Ram space as compared to PDFpenPro. However, considering the range of features, PDFpenPro has a wider range of features as compared to PDF Expert.
If you think both are not perfect for you, here I recommend you a much better choice – PDFelement, it has much lower price than PDF Expert and PDFpenPro, but has more features, including edit PDF, annotate PDF, create PDF, convert PDF, protect PDF, sign PDF etc. Compared with PDF Expert and PDFpenPro, it is more fast and stable on your Mac.
What’s more? It has quick response to support, and you can get help quickly and efficiently. With a cost-effective price, you can enjoy all features to deal with PDF files. It is better choice both for personals and companies.
- PDF Expert Sync with iCloud/Dropbox/Google Drive/One Drive
- PDF Expert vs Acrobat, Which One is Better
- Top 5 Free PDF Expert Alternatives