How to Add Footnotes in Word
How to add footnotes in word is a question which is not hard to answer especially if you are a regular Word user. If you have ever wondered how to insert footnote in word then it is highly advised to read this article thoroughly. To insert footnote word does not need to follow any complex process at all. The steps which are included are simple and straightforward. To add footnote in Word there is no need of any third party program. So if you are looking for the answer to the question that how do you insert a footnote in word then continue reading.
How to Add Footnotes in Word
Add footnote only
The steps which will answer your question i.e. how to insert a footnote in word 2013 are mentioned as under to give you a complete idea about the phenomenon which are related to it.
- First of all click the “References” tab on the top of the Word to start the process.
- Click "Insert Footnote" to add the footnotes to your document.
This is another important idea which is related to the footnotes. Endnotes addition to the document is not difficult at all and the process which is to the followed is mentioned as below.
- First of all just click the “Reference” tab on the top of the document to start the process.
- Click "Insert Endnote" to finish the process in full.
Editing the Endnotes and Footnotes
The steps which will help you insert footnote word 2013 have been mentioned as under.
- Click the dialogue box launcher to proceed with the process.
- In the dialogue box select whether you want to add text to Endnotes or Footnotes. Select the format, custom mark and the Start. You can also select where you want the Endnotes or Footnotes to appear. Once the changes have been made click “Insert” to add the relevant section to the document. This also completes the process in full.
Conversion of Footnotes or Endnotes
It is very important the Endnotes are converted to Footnotes and vice versa. It is therefore advised to make sure that the steps which are mentioned as under as followed. You will also get to know the Microsoft word insert footnote idea completely.
- Once you have accessed the dialogue box through the launcher select “Footnotes” or “Endnotes” and then hit “Convert”.
- Choose the option which you want to add to make sure that you make the required conversion. This also completes the process.
Deleting the Footnotes or Endnotes
If you want to create footnote in word or the Endnotes you must also know how to delete these. The process which is related to the idea is mentioned as under.
- Under the “Reference” tab click on “Next Footnote” and proceed with the process.
- Choose the desired option depending upon your choice whether you want to delete Footnote or Endnote by clicking the correct option.
- Select the desired Footnote or Endnote and press delete on the keyboard to delete the desired section. This completes the process.
Advantages of PDF Format
First thing first, PDF is a world famous format and is greatly used for transferring files. If the data is confidential you can easily password protect your file to make sure that you never run into issues. Every functionality which you can perform using Word can easily be done using PDF. Choosing PDF over Word is a wise decision as it allows you greater control. The PDF format is highly in use and it is popular among the multinationals for obvious reasons. The best part is that you can search the phase you want using the document. It is highly in demand. The readers of the PDF document are free of charge. Developed by Adobe Systems the Acrobat Reader is the largest one and it is completely free to download and use. PDF also increases readability over different devices as there is no format change involved.
All-in-One PDF Solutions
PDFelement is one of the best ways to manipulate the PDF document with ease. The user is simple and no prior tech knowledge is required to get the work done. The overall management of the PDF is made simple and straightforward by this program. The program has hundreds of uses literally and therefore it is highly in demand. Allowing this program to be a part of your system will get you the best results. Learn more skill to better use PDFelement here.
Features of the program
- Open, save, print and Markup PDFs with ease and as per requirement.
- The graphical elements within the PDF can easily be added, removed, moved or resized using this program.
- Secure your PDF with password protection so that unauthorized access can be restricted.
- Use the OCR to unlock the text within the PDF images.
- Approve and sign the PDF documents digitally.