How to Add Comments in Word 2016, 2013, 2010 for Free
From student papers to business reports, many documents require edits and revisions to be great. When you add comment in Word documents, it adds your text review to a box which is in the page margin so the author will be able to view your questions, suggestions or feedback when the document is opened again to be worked on. Also, the comment tool handles several reviewers' comments; assigning different names and color schemes to every comment box of reviewers to make the notes simple to read as well as how to add comments in Word. If you want to add comments in PDF documents, then PDFelement will be your best choice.
Add Comments in Different Word Versions
To know how to add comments to a Word document, use the comment insert tool which can be found in the Review tab of the main menu Ribbon. Follow the steps here:
- To add comments in Microsoft® Word, open the Word document which has to be reviewed. Read the document. When a text which requires your input is found, it should be highlighted and selected, or the page can be clicked at the end of the highlighted sentence.
- Click on the "Review" tab at the top of the document in the main menu and select "New Comment". A comment box is added to the document margin close to the text section which you clicked or highlighted.
- Click on any area in the box, then type a comment. The comment will appear inside the box under your name or your initials. If you are signed into an account with Microsoft®, Word will display your profile picture and account full name in the comment. Otherwise, the comment will typically use the author name which was chosen during the personalization and initial set up of the Microsoft® software, or the computer default name.
- Repeat the process as much as needed all through the remaining parts of the document. There is no limit to adding comments to a Word document. Also, you can go back to edit previous comments if there is need for revision of the previous notes while reading through your document. Select the comment box and edit the text which you want to be changed.
- You can delete any comment which you do not want any longer in the document. Simply right click on any area in the comment box, and then click on "Delete Comment" from the pop-up menu.
- To store your comment, ensure to save the document. The primary author as well as other reviewers can view the comments when next the document is opened to review or make changes. Also, they can make replies to your comments as well as add comment to Word document.
The best PDF editor currently is PDFelement, quite cheap but with every major features. If you want to add comments in PDF documents, just open a PDF file in it, and click the "Comment" tab, then you can choose to add note, typewriter, text box, stamps, or highlights etc. Here are more details about how to annotate PDFs.
Tips: Word VS PDF
Using PDF formats enables professionals to collaborate, share, edit and ensure the content's security within other digital documents. The following are why PDF is popular among a lot of people:
- They are universal.
- Trusted security.
- Quick and simple to create.
- Compresses file size.
- It is free to read.
- It gives room for interaction (movies, music, hyperlinks etc.)
- It is accessible on mobile platforms.
- Secure with password protection.
- Recipients can view everyone who has access to the file, in case the security is breached.
PDF (Portable Document Formats) are file formats designed for presenting documents that include images and text formatting, in a way independent of operating systems, hardware, and application software. They may also contain logical structure elements and interactive elements such as videos, 3-dimensional objects, layers, form-fields and annotations. Learn more steps about how to use each feature of PDFelement.
- Create and Edit PDF
- Convert PDF Files
- Annotations and Comments
- Sign and Secure PDF Files
- Add Footers, Headers, Backgrounds and Watermarks
- Access to Numerous Templates
- Form Data Extraction
- Automatic Form Recognition
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Bates Numbering
- File Size Optimization
- Extended Compatibility Support for File Formats
- Batch Process PDF Files
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Rotate Text in Word For Free
- How to Insert Excel into Word
- How to Insert File into Word
- How to Reverse an Image in Word
- How to Flip Text in Word