PDFelement-Powerful and Simple PDF Editor
Get started with the easiest way to manage PDFs with PDFelement!
So, you have converted your PDFs to PPT files using Adobe Acrobat and are now trying to run the presentation. But what if MS PowerPoint stops working? That's where Mac PowerPoint Alternatives come into the role.
There's no second thought that Microsoft PowerPoint is one of the leading and trustworthy presentation software available for Mac. But eventually, it is also prone to errors and technical glitches, which is why users must be aware of some of its alternatives to avoid any last-minute hustle.
This guide will walk you through the top 10 Mac PowerPoint alternatives in 2023. Here, we'll compare features and prices to help you decide which one is the best fit for your needs.
In this article
Part 1. Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac - Create Impactful Presentations
Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac is part of the Microsoft Office suite and a go-to app for presentations. It is used to create slideshows, which can be presented in person or over the internet. PowerPoint for Mac is equipped with various features, including slide transitions, animations, and multimedia support. It also has the ability to create presentations in Keynote format.
- MS PowerPoint features beautiful designs, cinematic motion, 3D models, rich animations, and icons to bring your ideas into reality.
- With PowerPoint for Mac, you can save documents to Microsoft OneDrive or other cloud-based storage options so you can access them whenever and wherever you want.
- It has a Dark Mode that allows you to create presentations in low-light environments.
It is a user-friendly application.
The tool allows you to add comments or assign tasks for easy modification.
With MS PowerPoint for Mac, you can seamlessly work with others in real time to execute your ideas together and faster.
This application faces technical issues very often, thus raising the demand for Mac PowerPoint Alternatives.
It doesn't allow you to make changes to the slides while the presentation is going on.
Plans & Price: You'll have to purchase Microsoft Office 365 subscription, which is available at $69.99 per year or $6.99 per month. If you don't want to sign up for a subscription, you can opt for Office 2021 Suite for $149.99 (Office Home and Student 2021) and $249.99 (Office Home and Business 2021).
Part 2. Top 10 Mac PowerPoint Alternatives
Choosing the best presentation software can be overwhelming, owing to a myriad of options available on the market. Hence, we've compiled a list of the top 10 Mac PowerPoint Alternatives. Read their features and description thoroughly and make an appropriate choice.
A leading online presentation tool, Prezi gives you absolute freedom from the sequential slide-deck format. It is an intuitive and dynamic interaction software that can help you streamline your workflow. Prezi allows users to create, edit, and share presentations in both online and offline modes.
- It offers an ample selection of beautiful templates.
- This web-based presentation application can zoom in and out on your canvas with a virtual camera, thus making it easy to produce professional results.
- Instead of traditional sequential slides, Prezi gives you an innovative canvas format to lay out your ideas in a non-linear fashion.
Plans & Price:
- Plus (For Expert Visual Communications): $12/ mo
- Standard (For Personal Use): $7/ mo
- Premium (For Business Professionals): $16/ mo
- Sozi gives more of a poster view where you can freely lay out the content and information.
- Since it mainly works on graphics, it allows you to focus on the elements you want to highlight while presenting the slides.
Plans & Price: It is available free of cost.
3. LibreOffice – Impress
Counted among the best Mac PowerPoint Alternatives, LibreOffice - Impress is an open-source office suite that costs nothing to use yet has a feature set that gives stiff competition to Microsoft 365. This suite comprises a word processor called Writer, a presentation app called Impress, and a spreadsheet editor called Calc.
- It has various editing and view modes, namely Normal, Outline, Notes, Handout, and Slide Sorter, which in turn makes editing easy and versatile.
- The application allows you to work on various graphical formats.
Plans & Price: It is available for free.
Marp is a Markdown Presentation Ecosystem that creates slides with Markdown. The tool is mainly created for software engineers and web designers to streamline the creation of presentations with customizable slide decks. It exports slides as PDFs, which you can then convert using any converter tool if required.
- It is a cross-platform tool, that works on Mac, Linux, and Windows.
- It supports two themes, namely Default and Gaia.
- The tool offers a Live preview with 3 different modes.
Plans & Price: Open-Source and free of cost
The HTML Presentation Framework, Reveal.js is an open-source tool that enables users to create amazing presentations on the web. The slides created with this tool are based on open web technologies, which means you can do anything to create a fully-featured presentation.
- The framework offers a broad range of features, including nested slides, PDF export, speaker notes, syntax highlighted code, and more.
- With Reveal.js, you can auto-animate elements across slides, which further saves your time and effort.
Plans & Price: This presentation application is free to use.
Keynote is designed by Apple which automatically makes it one of the leading Mac PowerPoint Alternatives to opt for. It is equipped with the best-in-class slide-creation features and extensive built-in help text to create a stunning, feature-rich presentation.
- It includes a range of slide themes, stellar options for animation, and one-touch access to present a slideshow.
- This application supports real-time collaboration, so your team can work together.
Plans & Price: Keynote is completely free for Apple users.
7. Google Slides
Google Slide is a cloud-based office suite and is an excellent alternative to PowerPoint. It can be used to create, modify, and manage slides via a unified portal without having to worry about losing your work. Add Google Slides to your Mac App drawer and get stuff done anytime.
- It has strong collaboration capabilities, thus enabling you and your team member to work on the slide at the same time.
- The tool comes with powerful features and a sleek interface, making it suitable for both beginners and professionals alike.
Plans & Price: Google Slides is a part of Google Workspace, which is available for free for personal use. However, you can upgrade your plan to Business Standard by paying $12/ per user/ per month
It is cloud-based presentation software that lets you create a feature-rich presentation without having to install the software on your Mac. Its intuitive and sleek interface is packed with a myriad of features, thus making the tool simple to use.
- It allows you to add background images and uses a variety of designs and themes while creating a slide.
- With Slides, you can collaborate easily with other team members and customize any of the 10 default slide templates
Plans & Price:
- Lite: $5/ mo
- Pro: $10/ mo
- Team: $20/ mo
Looking forward to creating digital presentations without putting much time and effort? Turn to Emaze and create a stunning masterpiece in 30 minutes or less. It is equipped with an array of visual communication tools and design tools that add life to your flat presentation.
- It offers hundreds of professionally designed templates to fit any type of presentation.
- With its comprehensive HTML5 Editor, you can embed all types of rich media and live social feeds without any coding.
Plans & Price: Emaze classifies its plans into three categories, namely Basic, Business, and Edu.
- Basic Plan: Free
- Pro Plan: $9/ mo
- Business Plan: Depends on your business and use
- Pro: $9/ mo
- Executive: $30/ mo
- Business: $25/ mo for 5 users
- Enterprise Plan: depends on your enterprise
- Student Plan: $3/ mo
- Edu Pro: $6/ mo
- Edu Team: $4/ mo for 30 users
- Academic: Their sales team will tell the exact price, depending on the academic level.
Let's wrap up the list of the top 10 Mac PowerPoint Alternatives with yet another next-gen online software, Focusky. It enables Mac users to design amazing presentations by using themes and layouts from their stock library
- With Focusky, you can add anything, such as text, images, links, roles, sounds, videos, or other media to make a professional presentation.
- It lets you create animated presentations in a mind-mapping style to capture attention.
Plans & Price: While a free version of the tool is available, users can upgrade their plans to unlock additional features.
- Standard: $9.9/ month
- Professional: $99/ year
- Enterprise: $399/ permanent
Bonus Part: Great Microsoft Office Complement - PDFelement for Mac
If you are looking for an MS Office compliment, then turn to the Wondershare PDF element and manage your PDF files on the go. It is a reliable, quick, and simple way to modify PDF files across multiple operating systems, including Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android. Moreover, you can either use it on desktop and Mobile or on the web browser.
It can easily change sizes, colors, and font styles in the PDF file to give it an entirely new look. The application is loaded with a plethora of features, which makes it an ideal choice for beginners and pros alike.
- It allows batch processing, which means you can convert or print multiple files simultaneously.
- With PDFelement, you can easily add passwords to keep your files safe from any unauthorized access.
- It supports faster file conversions to maximize efficiency.
Awards & Certificate:
- It has won Best Software Awards 2022 and is listed among the Top 50 Office Products
- PDFelement has also been recognized as the G2 Crowd Report 2022 Summer Leader and is known to be the Leader in Document Generation and PDF Editor.
- It also appears in the 2022 Software Advice FrontRunners List.
- Wondershare PDFelement also achieved the best Contract Management Software award.
That's all about the top Mac PowerPoint Alternatives. Compare the key features of all tools thoroughly and pick the option that fits your projects and budget well.Check out the video given below.