Portuguese is the Romance language spoken in Portugal and Brazil. It is the 8th most spoken language in the world. Still, it is not as widespread as the English language. Therefore, documents written in Portuguese are not understood worldwide. Thankfully, you can translate documents from Portuguese to English easily using software programs.
In this article, you will learn about the 5 best methods for translating a Portuguese document into English.
In this article
- Translate Document from Portuguese to English Online with HiPDF
- Use Canva To Translate Documents From Portuguese to English
- Translate Document From Portuguese to English Using PopAi - An Online AI Chatbot
- Use Translation Services to Translate Documents From Portuguese to English
- Comparison Between Tools That Can Translate Documents From Portuguese to English
Method 1. Translate Document From Portuguese to English Using Wondershare PDFelement
The most reliable tool for translating a Portuguese document into English is Wondershare PDFelement. It is a PDF solution that can easily convert other file types into PDF. Thus, regardless if you want to translate a Word, PowerPoint, Excel file, or even an image, PDFelement can help you. It can retain the formatting of said documents after the translation. Wondershare PDFelement can also convert them back to their original format. So you would not need any other translation tool.
How To Use PDFelement To Translate Portuguese PDF to English
Here's how to translate a Portuguese PDF to English without losing the formatting:
- Open the Portuguese PDF in Wondershare PDFelement.
- On the toolbar in the "Home" tab, click AI Tools > Translate PDF.
- Select English as the target language > click Translate.
- Wondershare PDFelement will process the translation. You can see the progress on the progress bar that will appear.
- After the process, a new dialogue box will appear. Click Open folder.
- Open the new PDF to check the translated text embedded into the document.
Portuguese to English PDF Text Translation Through PDFelement
Wondershare PDFelement's AI sidebar also has a Translate feature. Use this if you wish only to translate the text in the PDF to understand what's written.
- Open the Portuguese PDF using Wondershare PDFelement.
- On the toolbar on the right side of the screen, click Translate.
- Set the source language to Portuguese and the target language to English.
- Copy the Portuguese text and paste it into the input box.
- Click Translate.
- Read the output in the Response box.
Portuguese to English Document Translation (Non-PDF) Using Wondershare PDFelement
Wondershare PDFelement can translate other documents like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. Even the scanned documents are translatable if you are using Wondershare PDFelement. Here's how you can do it:
- On the PDFelement main interface, click the Plus + button.
- Click From File.
- Open the document that you want to translate. Wondershare PDFelement will convert it into a PDF and will directly open it.
- Suppose the document is scanned or an image. Click Perform OCR > Scan to editable text > Portuguese > Apply.
- Translate the new PDF by following the steps provided above.
Method 2. Translate Document from Portuguese to English Online with HiPDF
HiPDF is an online PDF solution that you can use for free. It offers several useful features. The most advanced one is the AI Read, which is the product of HiPDF's OpenAI integration. It can answer your questions and translate text for you. This feature supports a long list of languages, including Portuguese and English.
Follow these steps to translate Portuguese to English PDF:
- Open your preferred web browser and go to hipdf.com.
- Click AI Read.
- Click the + button to upload your PDF. You can also import the PDF from cloud storage systems like Dropbox and Box.
- Copy the text that you want to translate.
- In the prompt box, type a message like this: "Translate this Portuguese text to English: (paste the copied text here)."
- Send the prompt and wait for HiPDF to finish generating the response.
Method 3. Use Canva To Translate Documents From Portuguese to English
Canva is known as a design software. So, it may be a surprise to many to hear that you can use it to translate PDFs. It even has a PDF editor! The translator supports way over 20 languages. Since it's on this list, it means Canva supports Portuguese and, of course, English.
Follow these steps to translate PDFs using Canva:
- Open a web browser and go to Canva's website. Log into your account if you are not logged in already.
- Click Upload > Choose files > upload your PDF.
- Select a textbox in the PDF. From the floating toolbar that will appear, click the three dots.
- Click Translate text.
- On the left panel, select English on the "Translate to" dropdown menu.
- Click Translate.
Method 4. Translate Document From Portuguese to English Using PopAi - An Online AI Chatbot
PopAi is an online AI assistant that can perform a wide range of tasks for you. That includes translating documents from Portuguese to English. It automatically detects what language the document is written in, and it has a one-click button for translating to English. Also, you can know what the document is about even before the translation since PopAi explains its contents.
Here's how to translate Portuguese PDF to English using this tool:
- Open your preferred web browser and go to www.popai.pro. Register an account or log in if you already have one.
- Click Upload file and upload your Portuguese document. Alternatively, drag and drop it into the input box.
- Select the text that you want to translate. In the floating options, select Translate to English.
- Read the translation on the right panel.
Method 5. Use Translation Services to Translate Documents From Portuguese to English
There are also websites that offer translation services, like Stepes. It connects you to a team of professional translators who will process your document. This method ensures high accuracy, as the translators are aware of slang and cultural nuances. However, the turnaround time is much slower compared to when using automatic translation tools.
If you wish to go this route, here's how to send a translation request:
- Open a web browser and go to https://customer.stepes.com/instant-translation-quote/###.
- Click Choose file and select your Portuguese PDF.
- Click Language > select Translate to Portuguese (PT) > click Choose Languages > select English.
- Click Delivery and select how you want to receive the translated document.
- Click Proceed to Final Review.
- Set up your payment method and click Go.
- Wait for the email or notification to know when the translated document is ready for download.
Comparison Between Tools That Can Translate Documents From Portuguese to English
Here is a table comparing the 5 methods listed above.
● Wondershare PDFelement can translate documents without losing the formatting.
● It has AI-powered translator tools.
● PDFelement can open and translate any document, including scanned ones and images.
|● You need to upgrade to the paid version to unlock full functionality.
● HiPDF is a free online tool.
● The translator is AI-powered.
● You can rewrite the translated text using the same feature to improve the content.
● You need to register an account to fully enjoy its features.
● You need to manually insert the translated text into the document.
● Canva offers quick translation.
● It can translate selected text or the entire page.
|● You only have 50 free uses.
● PopAi uses advanced AI models for the translation.
● It has a one-click Translate to English feature.
● It explains the topic covered by the PDF, so you'd get what it is for even before translating the text.
● It has a 2-file limit per day for free users.
● You need to manually insert the translated text into the document.
|● The translations are highly accurate since they're done by professionals.
|● Stepes offers human translations, so it is much slower than using apps or AI tools
These are the tools you can use to translate documents from Portuguese to English. The cream of the crop is Wondershare PDFelement, a powerful PDF solution. Its translation features are AI-powered. PDFelement can translate PDFs - it embeds the translated text into the document with no formatting loss. Alternatively, it can translate your specified text - useful when your goal is to only understand the document's contents.
Furthermore, Wondershare PDFelement can translate other documents since it has a built-in file converter. With a powerful OCR feature, it can also translate images. Except for videos and audio files, there's nothing PDFelement can't translate.