Top 10 Free PDF Editor for Windows (2020)
PDF has now become the most preferred document format to be used in business transactions, which makes a PDF editor essential. However, many PDF editing software makes it tricky to edit PDF files online. Here, we've listed the Free PDF editor in 2020, compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista.
Choose the Right PDF Editor for Free Trial
|Compatibility||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android||Windows||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac|
|Price||Standard:$69/yr Professional: $99/yr||$159||Acrobat Standard DC: $155.88/yr Acrobat Pro DC: $179.88/yr||$129|
|Conversion Speed||Convert 100 pages in 1 min||Convert 100 pages more than 2 mins||Convert 100 pages more than 2 mins||Convert 100 pages more than 2 mins|
|Easy to Use|
|Keep Original Layout|
|No File Size Limitations|
|Output Format||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF, Text, RTF, HTML, EPUB, HWP, HWPX||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, JPG, PNG, TIFF, Text, RTF||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, JPG, PNG, TIFF, RTF||Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Text, Image, HTML|
|Annotate PDFt||Note, Markups, Typewriter, Text Box, Stamps, Highlight, Underline, Area Highlight, Attachment, Shapes, Drawing etc.||Note, Markups, Stamps, Shapes, drawing etc.||Highlight, Markups, Shapes, drawing etc.||Text Box, Note, drawing etc.|
|Edit Text and Images||Add/Edit/Remove text, link, image; Change text color, font, align, line space and etc.||Add, delete and modify PDF texts and images||Add, delete and modify PDF texts and images||Add, delete and modify PDF texts and images|
|Page Management||Insert, Delete, Crop, Rotate, Split, Extract, Replace, Reorder||Add, Remove, Organize||Insert, Delete, Organize||Insert, Delete, Organize|
From the above table, we see that PDFelement stands out above other free Windows PDF editors.
10 Best Free PDF Editor for Windows
PDFelement is an outstanding Windows 10 PDF editor which tops the list. It is a worthy alternative to Adobe Acrobat, which has been widely regarded as the industry standard when it comes to PDF editing. The good thing is that this wonderful PDF editor has a free trial that comes with basic PDF editing solutions. Meanwhile, the paid version offers good value for the cost, as it is affordable when compared to other PDF editors.
It boasts of a lot of incredible features which include annotating, editing, and converting PDFs to other formats, add signature and filling PDF forms. In fact, this best Windows 10 PDF editor gives you a complete solution to edit PDF files like never before. Download this simple PDF editor now.
- PDFelement can do what Adobe can do making it the editor with the best value for money.
- Users can try it out before they commit to buying it.
- Its simple design provides a user-friendly interface for both beginners and pros.
- It is secured with your documents.
- It has OCR technology which allows you to edit/extract the =PDF files from scanning.
- It has limited features when used as a free PDF editor with the trial version
- The free version offers basic PDF solutions
- Only costs $99.95 for the PDFelement professional version, which offers a comprehensive PDF solution
- Windows System Support: Best PDF reader and editor for Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- Mac System Support: Highly compatible with all macOS from 10.12 to the latest Catalina 10.15
2. Nitro Pro
The Nitro Pro PDF editor offers many PDF editing features similar to other PDF editors for Windows 10 listed above. Its features include the ability to edit, create and merge, review and collaborate among others. In addition, Nitro editor will allow you to fill, sign and secure your PDF files. It supports all windows operating systems and comes in 2 versions, personal and business. The personal version costs $159.99 and has its own set of more advanced features.
- It is easy to use and also fast
- Includes OCR technology for editing scanned PDFs
- It is expensive in comparison to other top PDF editor software
- The trial version has limited features
Price: The personal version costs $159.99 with its own set of features
System Support: It can work on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 PDF editor
3. Adobe® Acrobat® XI Pro
There is no doubt that the Adobe Acrobat PDF editor set the pace for PDF editing and is widely regarded as a best PDF editing tool for Windows 10, however, it is considered to be overpriced. It is important to note that PDF editing is not just for large businesses but also for individuals and small businesses, and therefore price is critical. But Adobe is still a great PDF editor with top-class features that helps users convert, edit, and annotate among other functions.
- One of the best PDF editors with top notch features
- It is easy to use with a decent and friendly user interface
- OCR technology is available to edit scanned PDFs
- It is a more expensive PDF editor when compared to other alternatives
- May not be suitable for individuals and small businesses due to the cost
Price: It costs for $299 when paid as one-time fee, or $15 per month for subscription
System Support: This PDF editor can be compatible with all Windows systems.
4. Foxit Phantom PDF
This is another PDF text editor capable of editing your PDF files in windows systems. Apart from the editing feature, Phantom PDF can also perform other functions including merging and splitting PDFs, annotating and sharing PDF files, creating PDF forms and converting PDFs to other file formats. What's more, you can also add encryption to PDFs, redact PDFs and sign PDFs.
- Provides a trial of 14 days to customers to try it out
- With the OCR function, users can work with the scanned PDFs
- The trial version has limited features
- The user interface of this PDF text editor isn't as easy to use
Price: It comes in three versions: standard, business, and education. The standard version is $109 in a one-time payment.
System Support: It supports all Windows systems as well.
This PDF reader and writer may not be as well-known of a software, but it still made it on our list of the best free PDF editor tools for windows. It is also a word processor which means that you can edit files easily like you would with a word document. AbleWord supports to reformat images, add or edit headers and footers, and tables, among other useful functions. It also includes spell check and other functions.
- It is easy to use and also free
- It also supports some Microsoft Word features
- It has limited features
- Its output is not as good as some other top PDF editors
Price: This is a free PDF editor. Just install and use.
System Support: It can be used to edit PDF on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows XP
6. Sejda PDF Editor
Sejda is a free PDF editor in our list and this is due to its impressive features. It allows you to edit your PDF files easily. Apart from editing PDFs, it can also add signature on PDF files, add comments and links on PDFs, create fillable PDF forms, edit the content in PDF documents.
- You can edit an unlimited number of documents
- There is no page or hourly limit
- It is not as secured as other PDF editors
- There is no OCR included in this online PDF editor
- The user interface is not user-friendly
Price： Sejda PDF Editor comes in 3 plans: The web week pass ($5) , the web monthly pass($7.5) and the Desktop+ Web annual pass, which costs $63 per year.
System Support： Work as a PDF editor software for all Windows systems
7. Nuance Power PDF
The Nuance Power PDF editor for Windows can convert, annotate, edit and add encryption on your PDF documents. As another best PDF editor software, this PDF editor also boasts unique features such as voice note recognition technology. This makes it possible to add notes to your PDF files by simply speaking them instead of typing them out.
- Offers the ability to edit, convert and perform many other functions
- Comes with voice note recognition technology
- More expensive in comparison to other PDF editing alternatives
- The UI is not user-friendly as some other PDF editors
Price： The price for Nuance Editor is a bit on the high side, likely due to the voice note recognition technology. The cost starts at $149
System Support： It is compatible with all windows platforms
8. Soda PDF
This PDF editor is regarded as one of the best free PDF editors for Windows because it offers good value for its price. Like other PDF editors mentioned in this list, it enables you to edit PDF documents with ease. When it comes to editing or doing basic tasks in PDF, Soda PDF remains one of the best. Soda PDF comes with three versions: Standard, Professional, and Pro+OCR. However, all versions will allow you to perform editing and converting tasks. The difference between the versions is that some come with more advanced features. For example, the PRO+OCR is the only version that can allow the conversion of scanned PDF document into an editable and searchable PDF file.
- The price is quite low
- It has excellent OCR capabilities
- It can secure and sign PDFs
- The version with more advanced features costs much more
- The Pro one also supports the securing and signing PDFs features
Price： The basic version costs only $29
System Support： Soda is also compatible with all Windows platform
9. PDF Buddy
This is another one of the best free PDF editors in 2020. You do not need to download and install it on your PC to edit PDFs for free. It is a free PDF editor for Windows that allows you to edit PDFs files online easily. There's no need to download a PDF editor, as everything is done online.
- Uploading files and editing them is easy
- The instructions are clear and you can complete tasks quickly
- Signing up takes just a few minutes
- It is a free PDF editor for Windows
- The features are limited so there are many things you might not be able to do with this editor. For example, you cannot merge PDF files using this tool and you can't use it to create a PDF file.
- The security and privacy of your documents is a concern with this editor because all edits are done over the internet.
System Support: This free PDF editor software works on all windows systems, from XP to 10
PDFescape is another PDF editor for Windows that we thought should be in our top 10. It boasts many features which include editing text and images, merging PDFs, printing to PDF, annotation, and password protection of PDF files among others. It comes in 3 versions: Free, Premium and Ultimate. All three versions have different features and pricing.
- Download this PDF editor to try completing online PDF editing tasks for free
- All plans come with a 15-day money back guarantee.
- It is missing a lot of features available in other top PDF editors
- It does not have OCR features for editing scanned PDF files
Price: It costs about $5.99 per month for the Premium version, while the Ultimate version costs $8.99 per month
System Support: This PDF editor works on Windows XP, Vista, 7,8 and 10
Comparing the Performance Rating of Free PDF Editors
The detailed information above outlined our top 10 best Windows PDF editors by comparing pricing, system support, and pros and cons of each software. You can now make the right choice when selecting the best PDF editor software for Windows 10 to edit PDF files online or offline. If you still aren't sure which PDF editor is right for you, below is a comparison of the performance rating of different PDF editors that makes it easier for you to make the right choice.
Best Free PDF Editor for Windows 10
After considering the above factors, we've come to the conclusion that PDFelement is the best free PDF editor for Windows 10. It allows you to create, edit, convert and make annotations on your PDF documents, and its range of embedded tools will allow you to work with your PDF files easily. Download the free trial of this simple PDF editor free Windows 10 now.
We've outlined the top 10 best free PDF Editors for Windows in 2020. If you have any other PDF editors in mind that you'd like to recommend, please share them with us!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Top 10 Free PDF Editor for Windows (2020)
- The Best 5 Word Doc to PDF Converters Offline
- Top 5 PDF Stamp Creator
- How to Do PDF Markup Online
- Top 5 PDF Annotator Free