PDF Expert vs Acrobat, Which One is Better?
We all use PDF documents on a daily basis. Such is the world we live in. Paperless offices have become a reality, and we have to adjust to a new way of working. PDF documents are the most convenient way for communication, and with so many tools out there, it is hard to choose the best one. Today, we will look at the PDF Expert vs Acrobat dilemma, and whether you should choose the built-in Mac app or the most widely known PDF app. Is there something else out there?
Comparison of PDF Expert vs Acrobat for Mac
1. PDF Expert
In its second version, PDF Expert is more than just a built-in MacOS application. You can now do much more with the PDF tool, and it will completely change the way you use your iPad and Mac. Easy to use, fast experience, synced with many other services, and many more features for all contract-based businesses.
- Fill out any forms with fast tools
- Sign documents in a few clicks
- Highlight text and add notes to your documents
- Reduce file size, making your PDF documents eat just a portion of the space
- Create new PDFs with a single and simple command like "Command + N"
- Extract pages and send them for a review
- One of the best ways to send a document to another person. Any computing device can view your documents
- Incredibly fast, loads the document in a matter of 2 seconds
- Lack of OCR technology and similar advanced features
- Lacks advanced annotation tools
Supported Systems: Mac, iOS
2. Adobe Acrobat DC
Adobe is the company that basically invented the PDF document. Adobe is the company that started the Portable Document Format, and since then leads the field in PDF conversion and editing software. Adobe Acrobat DC, as an Acrobat expert is the latest product by Adobe, with its Acrobat XI ending support on October 15, 2017. The Adobe Acrobat DC combines the cloud service of Adobe and the PDF tools.
- All of the tools you need to analyze data
- Ability to create and combine PDF documents
- Support for cloud services, allowing you to store PDF and open from different devices at the same time
- Compare two files
- Convert PDF to Office
- Print to PDF and Go from camera to PDF
- Edit data in scanned tables
- Wide variety of tools for creating PDF documents
- Widely regarded as the standard for PDF documents
- Lacks conversion to ePub formats
- Much pricier than similar products
- Leggy at times
- Complexity is always a problem
Supported Systems: Mac, Windows, iOS, Android
Price: Subscription plans start at $12.99 per month, pilling up the price
After checking PDF Expert vs Acrobat, if you are looking for a third alternative, one that has the simplicity of PDF Expert, but with the advanced features of Adobe Acrobat expert, look no further than Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor. Available in more than 20 languages, it is truly an international product.
- Great editing tools that will help you create professional-looking PDF documents.
- Export options, including export data into Excel. This will help you export data from multiple PDF documents into one single Excel document that is easy for analysis.
- Fast conversion in addition to the standard conversion tools. It can convert in almost any popular format.
- Annotation tools that make it easy and simple to highlight any part of your document.
- Ability to electronically sign documents, and then protect them with password protection and encryption.
Compatible with macOS X 10.14,10.15 Catalina, and 11 Big Sur
Support Systems: Mac, Windows, iOS, Android
Tips to Choose from PDF Expert and Acrobat for Mac
The best way to decide between these two is to compare them in some important sections. Here is a quick breakdown of PDF Expert vs Adobe Acrobat.
- In terms of general look, Acrobat expert is the most powerful PDF editor. But with that, it is much more complicated. You need to know every single command, and that is not an easy task. PDF Expert simplifies things and makes them easier.
- In terms of speed of work, PDF Expert wins again, as its lightweight texture allows it to load documents much faster. If you've ever had to open the document with Adobe, you know it takes more than 10 seconds for that operation.
- For editing PDF documents, Adobe gives you many more options. PDF Expert has the basic tools, but for more advanced features, Adobe Acrobat expert is better.
- For filling fields and signing, PDF Expert wins easily. A simple click on the field, and you can fill it out. As with everything in Adobe, filling, and signing is a complicated process. PDF Expert supports the most popular forms.
- For basic annotation tools, PDF Expert will help you. Barely 5% of regular users need the complicated and advanced annotation features of Adobe. And they are much pricier.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Convert Preview to PDF on Mac
- How to Convert PDF to Image with Preview in 2022
- Top 5 Alternative to Preview for Mac