Top 4 Free Alternatives to PDF Expert
PDF Expert is a popular PDF application in the MacOS ecosystem. However, the application is fairly limited in what you can do. While there are some basic features in PDF Expert Mac, the advanced features are lacking, such as OCR. For basic and individual users, PDF expert might be enough. But if you are running a successful business, you need a complete PDF solution that will be able to meet all your standards and requests.
Top 4 PDF Expert Mac Alternatives
One of the best PDF Expert Mac alternative options is PDFelement for Mac. Unlike PDF Expert, it comes with all of the advanced features you need for your daily tasks.
The complete solution is available in more than 20 languages, including Dutch, Chinese, English, Spanish, French, German, and others.
- Easily edit PDF documents with smart editing tools like text, images, links, bookmarks, and text autofit
- Create editable and searchable PDF documents from image or text formats
- Use drag and drop action for reordering, splitting, and adding pages to the original PDF Document
- Convert multiple documents at once from other formats to PDF and vice versa. You can also merge several documents into one single PDF file
- Add annotations using comments, stamps, drawing tools, sticky notes, and text boxes
- Add e-signatures to your documents
- Protect your document with state of the art security tools
- Compatible with macOS X 10.14,10.15 Catalina and 11 Big Sur
Support Systems: Mac, Windows, iOS, Android
Price: $69 for Standard, $129 for Pro
2. Nuance PDF Converter for Mac
The PDF tool by Nuance is one of PDF Expert 6 alternatives you can get. The PDF editor by Nuance is aimed at the business user who needs workflow, sharing features, and similar advanced features that home packages do not include. You can still get the standard version, but the advanced features are not available.
- Create PDF documents
- Convert PDF documents to Word, Excel, and Vice Versa
- Batch conversion
- Merge PDFs
- Edit documents directly in the PDF file
- Add security by electronic signature, password encryption, and bates numbering
- Feature-rich application for an affordable price
- Easy to learn
- Conversion tools are not its strongest side
- Working in batch mode and automating file conversion is not as good as in other PDF products
Supported Systems: Mac, Windows
Price: $99.99 per subscription
3. Foxit Reader for Mac
Foxit PDF tool is a complete PDF software solution that is usable for both personal and business users. The familiar interface has many advanced and common features. But what shines the most is the multilingual capabilities that make Foxit great choice for international business.
- Connected PDF feature is a cloud-based service allowing you to track who opens your document and what they do
- Create PDF documents, forms, and portfolios from scratch
- Allow you to annotate documents
- Easy to download Foxit plugins for Microsoft Office programs
- Many of the advanced features are paid only
- Doesn't allow you to edit files
Support Systems: Mac, Windows
Price: Free version and $109 for the standard version or $139 for the business version and an additional $19 to activate on Mac
4. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for Mac
With all the basic features there, you might feel like this is almost the same tool as PDF Expert. Adobe lacks some of the advanced features of top-rated PDF programs. However, the basic tools are sometimes more than enough for some users. The problem with the program is the difficulty of use.
- Editing tools for text, image, and pages
- Markup tools include free hand drawing, annotations, stamps, and highlights
- Basic conversion tools to different formats
- Create and fill PDF forms
- Supports numerous file formats for file conversion
- Great support options, with guides on the website, tutorials, and FAQ
- OCR technology is purchased separately, further increasing the price
- You can only access the program on the computer you've downloaded
Supported Systems: Mac, Windows, iOS
Price: $179.88 / Year
Get the best Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for Mac alternative:
Amazing Tips: FAQ About PDF Expert
1. Where to find PDF expert Promo Code？
Readdle, the company behind PDF expert, often offers promo codes. You can find them on websites like dayscoupon.com, offers.com, and similar.
2. Is it safe to use PDF Expert mac crack?
As with any other program, the official version is always better. When you use the crack for PDF Expert, you need to know that all files are uploaded by regular users, not the company behind the product. That means you download and use it on your own responsibility. The moment you install the crack, you lose the option to call customer service.
3. How are PDF expert reviews from users?
PDF Expert is a built-in macOS application. It is easy to see what users are saying with a simple Google search. At g2crowd, one of the largest and best websites for customer reviews, PDF Expert has received both good and bad reviews. Here are some examples:
- I'm fully satisfied with PDF Expert. Their support team is really helpful, but usually, the built-in help on the "New Tab" is good enough
- Collaboration on PDFs that are stored on Google Drive would be a great extension
- I dislike that it is a little laggy when it comes to going full-screen mode
- PDF documents can be viewed and shared easily, however, it lacks some advanced features to edit/annotate/sign
4. How to use PDF Expert?
Using PDF expert should be simple and easy to do. There are guides and tutorials for every feature and for every task you can find on the website of the product.
5. What features do PDF expert have?
PDF Expert comes with all of the basic features a PDF tool has. These include editing documents, filling out PDF forms, reading PDF documents, signing PDFs, and adding sound and text annotations to a document.
Get the best PDF Expert alternative:
How to Edit PDF with PDF Expert on Mac
PDF Expert is a software built with different editing options. This software allows you to change texts, add images, replace images, add links, and change font style and color. Moreover, you can use it to combine PDFs, split, and fill out PDF forms. To be able to edit PDF with PDF expert you need to visit its official website and download the Mac version then follow these steps.
Step 1. Install and Open PDF File
Go to the website of PDF Expert to download a free trial version of PDF Expert Mac. Install and open the PDF Expert on your Mac after the download process.
Open the product on your Mac, and then click on "File" and open the PDF file with the program.
Step 2. Edit PDF Document
On the new window with your PDF file go to the toolbar and click on the "Edit" button. There you can edit the text and images of the PDF file.
Click on the "Text" button and navigate the cursor to the text field to begin editing. Click on it and add, delete, and replace texts.
Still, under the "Edit" option click on the "Image" icon and move to space where you want to add an image. Click on it and upload the image from your Mac.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Convert Preview to PDF on Mac
- Get to Know Preview Shortcuts
- 5 Things to Help You Know What is Preview