2022-09-06 10:19:44 • Filed to:
PDF Software Comparisons
• Proven solutions
Picture this: you just scanned your ID and saved it in PDF format to send to a company that requested to verify your identity. But then you realize your personal information, such as your personal identification number, address, and signature are out in plain sight for everyone to see. Adobe redaction tool enables you to hide sensitive information from PDFs that are meant to be shared. However, Acrobat Standard DC doesn't have redaction tool and only Pro version which cost $179.88/year can help you redact in Adobe. So it is smart to try a cost-effective alternative - Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor.
Launch PDFelement on your computer and select the file to redact by clicking the "Open" button. You can also directly drag and drop your file to the program.
For Windows platforms, click the "Protect" tab and then select "Mark for Redaction" to begin selection of text or objects which you would like to hide. Once you are comfortable with your selection, click "Apply Redactions" and then click "OK" on the dialogue box to confirm the action.
PDFelement also allows you to change the color of the area to be redacted; place overlay text andinsert redaction code. For Windows users, right click the redaction area and choose "Properties" to set the appearance.
The following are the steps to redact in Adobe:
1. Launch Acrobat, navigate to "Tools" on the menu bar and select "Redact".
2. From the Redact toolbox, click "Mark for Redaction" and select "Text & Images" to enable you to select the items you would like to remove.
3. Select the items for removal by dragging the cursor over text and objects on the document.
4. After marking the content, select "Apply" from the Redaction toolset and click "OK" to apply the changes.
5. Click the "File" option on the home menu and select "Save". Once you save the document, any changes you made to the PDF document will be final.
However, Adobe Acrobat XI was end of support on October 15, 2017, which means there was no more security updates, product updates, and no more customer support. More importantly, your file and data might be insecure due to lack of protection. In this case, you can free download here to try the best alternative to Adobe Acrobat.