How to Redact PDF in Adobe Acrobat Alternative
Picture this: you just scanned your ID and saved it in PDF format to send to a company that requested to verify your identity. But then you realize your personal information, such as your personal identification number, address, and signature are out in plain sight for everyone to see. Adobe redaction tool enables you to hide sensitive information from PDFs that are meant to be shared. However, Acrobat Standard DC doesn't have redaction tool and only Pro version which cost $179.88/year can help you redact in Adobe. So it is smart to try a cost-effective alternative - PDFelement.
How to Redact PDF with Adobe Acrobat Alternative
Step 1. Launch PDFelement
Launch PDFelement on your computer and select the file to redact by clicking the "Open" button. You can also directly drag and drop your file to the program.
Step 2. Redact Your PDF
For Windows platforms, click the "Protect" tab and then select "Mark for Redaction" to begin selection of text or objects which you would like to hide. Once you are comfortable with your selection, click "Apply Redactions" and then click "OK" on the dialogue box to confirm the action.
Step 3. Set Appearance on Redaction Marks
PDFelement also allows you to change the color of the area to be redacted; place overlay text andinsert redaction code. For Windows users, right click the redaction area and choose "Properties" to set the appearance.
PDF Redaction Tools to Hide Sensitive Information: Adobe® Acrobat® vs PDFelement
Acrobat Standard DC
How to Redact a PDF File with Adobe®
The following are the steps to redact in Adobe:
1. Launch Acrobat, navigate to "Tools" on the menu bar and select "Redact".
2. From the Redact toolbox, click "Mark for Redaction" and select "Text & Images" to enable you to select the items you would like to remove.
3. Select the items for removal by dragging the cursor over text and objects on the document.
4. After marking the content, select "Apply" from the Redaction toolset and click "OK" to apply the changes.
5. Click the "File" option on the home menu and select "Save". Once you save the document, any changes you made to the PDF document will be final.
However, Adobe Acrobat XI was end of support on October 15, 2017, which means there was no more security updates, product updates, and no more customer support. More importantly, your file and data might be insecure due to lack of protection. In this case, you can free download here to try the best alternative to Adobe Acrobat.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- 14 Best PDF Software including Nitro PDF Editor
- Create PDF with Nitro PDF Creator Alternative
- Tips and Tricks for Installing Nitro Pro Trial
- Convert Word to PDF with Nitro Pro Alternative
- Top 8 PDF Readers Including Nitro PDF Reader