Top 5 Excel Password Recovery Online Free Tools in 2021
Microsoft Excel allows you to easily password protect an Excel document by simply setting an opening password or a modify password. An opening password will prevent anyone without the password from opening the file and a modify password will prevent users from making changes to the document. But it can be easy to forget the password and since there is no way to recover it from Windows, there is a whole host of Excel Password recovery online tools to use. In this article, we take a look at 5 of the best.
Top 5 Excel Password Recovery Software
The following are just some of the best tools you can use to recover Excel passwords:
1. iSeePassword Dr.Excel
This is one of the best tools to use when you want to recover all types of Excel passwords without affecting the data on the document. It can decrypt up to 8 different types of passwords at the same time. To decrypt the password it utilizes three different attack types to further increase chances of recovery.
- It is easy to use with an intuitive user interface
- It can recover password very quickly
- Customer service is always available
- The trial version doesn't work sometimes
This is a simple to use online tool that allows you to easily recovery Excel passwords by simply uploading the protected file into the program's servers. It is one of the fastest online recovery tools although it has a very low rate of recovery of 22-60%.
- You don't have to install software on your computer to use it
- The recovery process is very fast and reliable
- The user interface is not very intuitive
- The privacy of your documents is not guaranteed
3. Passper for Excel
This is one of the best password recovery tools for Excel with a 100% success rate. One of the reasons for the very high rate of success is the 4 different attack modes that the program makes use of when recovering the password. It also offers additional data protection to prevent data loss.
- Has a modern and simple to use interface
- It has custom settings for password recovery
- Cheaper than similar software
- The free trial is limited
- Doesn't support older versions of Excel
4. Daossoft Excel Password Rescuer
This is another great password recovery tool that is as effective as it is affordable. It utilizes 4 different attack modes to make the process faster and increase the recovery rate. It offers 24/7 customer support as well as numerous tutorials to help you use the tool correctly and effectively. It may however lack some of the impressive premium features you will find on other tools such as the ability to guarantee data safety.
- It supports all versions of Excel even much older versions of the program
- It offers highly advanced password recovery tools to increase chances of recovery
- It lacks some premium features
- The user interface is a little outdated
5. Excel Password Unlocker
This is another free online tool that can also be very useful when you need to remove Excel passwords. It is advanced enough that removing an Excel password takes just a few minutes. Because it is an online tool, you will however need to be connected to the internet to use it.
- It is very fast
- It is completely free to use
- It utilizes different attack modes to increase chances of recovery
- It doesn't support newer versions of Excel
- You need to be connected to the internet
The Best PDF Tool You Should Never Miss
If you are looking for a great PDF management tool to help create, edit, convert and manage all aspects of PDFs, there is one tool that is head and shoulders above all the rest. This is PDFelement, one of the premier PDF tools in the market. Some of the features that make it the best PDF tool include the following:
- It makes PDF creation very easy: all you have to do is open any document in PDFelement and a PDF document is instantly created.
- It also comes on very handy when you want to convert PDFs to other file formats including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, TXT, HTML and more.
- It allows users to annotate a PDF document in numerous ways. You can add stamps, highlight and underline text and even add comments on the document.
- It has an OCR feature that allows you to easily edit a scanned or image rich PDF.
- It also offers numerous document protection methods including the ability to add a password, redact text on the document and even add a digital signature.
Important Notice for Using Excel Password Recovery Software
The tools above can offer a great solution when you've lost or forgotten your Excel password. But they also have various shortcomings including the following:
- You may not be able to recover the password quickly with most of these tools. Sometimes the process can take hours.
- Most of these tools, especially online tools will not guarantee the safety of your data. You upload a file into the tool's server and you aren't sure what they do with the data after the password recovery process.
- You will not be able to recover a password on an Excel document you don't own. This is because most of these tools require that you have some information about the password before you can use them.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Convert PDF to Text on Linux
- How to Convert PDF to Plain Text
- How to Compare PDF on Linux with DiffPDF
- How to Search PDF Files on Google
- How to Find PDF Textbooks Easily