How to Reduce PDF Size on Mac
Can I reduce PDF size on Mac? PDF is one of the most popular file formats that is being widely used around the world on Windows, as well as, Mac. You may sometimes need to deal with the large-sized PDF files that slow down the routine work. So, it is recommended to reduce PDF size without losing its quality. If you are looking for a tool to reduce PDF file size on Mac without losing quality, this article is for you. Let's find out how to do it.
Step-by-Step Guide to Reduce PDF Size on Mac
To reduce PDF size Mac, follow the given steps.
Step 1. Download PDFelement for Free
Step 2. Open a PDF on Mac
Launch PDFelement on Mac and open the file by clicking on the "Open File" option. You can also open the PDF file by clicking on "File" > "Open". After you click the "Open" option, you need to locate the PDF file in your system and click on the "Open" button.
Step 3. Reduce PDF Size on Mac
Once the PDF file is opened, click "File" in the top menu and then click "Save as Other" > "Optimized PDF".
Step 4. Settings for Reducing PDF Size on Mac
In the last step, you need to make some settings in order to reduce PDF size on Mac without losing its quality. So, once you click on "Optimized PDF", a small "PDF Optimizer" option window will open where you can set its quality from High to Medium and Low. Here, you are recommended to select the "Medium" quality as there is not much difference in the output quality of High and Medium options. Interestingly, it may decrease the size of your PDF file by about 80%.
Once you are done with all the changes, save the file by clicking on "Save As", locate the destination folder and click "Save".
So, this is how you reduce the PDF size on Mac (Catalina included) using PDFelement that is the best PDF software. Let's have a quick review of the software.
PDFelement is the most powerful PDF tool that can be used to do several PDF-oriented tasks with full ease and control. It cannot only be used to create a PDF file from scratch but you can also edit the existing PDF files easily, as well as, convert the files from other formats to PDF. Let's have a quick look over some wonderful features.
- PDF creation - You can easily create catchy PDF files that can be viewed on any PDF reader.
- PDF editing - Editing a PDF on Mac is as easy as editing a notepad file. You can edit every single object of the PDF file.
- PDF conversion - Conversion of PDF files into over 300 formats and vice versa can be done within seconds with a 2-click simple procedure.
- Comments, Reviews, and Sign - You do not need to download and print any PDF file in order to review it, add a comment, or sign it. Using this tool, you can easily add comments and sign a PDF document.
- Form creation - Highly-customized forms can be created with one click, as well as, a non-fillable form can easily be converted into the fillable PDF form.
- Form Data Collection - It allows you to collect data using forms. You can simply create forms and send them to your customers.
- Passwords and permissions - The PDF files created by you can be protected using passwords. You can also add various permissions such as copying, editing, or printing of the file.
- Digital Signatures - You can add digital signatures into PDF files and sensitive documents.
There are even more wonderful features and it is a good addition in any office, school, or business.
How to Reduce PDF Size on Mac Online Free
Let us now review the step-by-step guide on how to reduce PDF file size on Mac with online tools. Follow the below-given steps to reduce PDF size on Mac online free.
- 1: Visit HiPDF website.
- 2: In the main navigation, click the "All tools" option.
- 3: Now, scroll down and find "Compress PDF", once found, click on it.
- 4: In this step, click on the "Choose File" button, locate the file in your PC, click "Open", and upload it on the site. You can also upload the file from One Drive, Dropbox, and Box.
- 5: Once the file is upload, select your preference and click on the "Compress" button. It will take some time to compress the file dependant on the size of the file.
- 6: Once the file is compressed, a "Download" button will appear. Click the "Download" button to download the compressed file to your Mac.
So, this is how you compress PDF files on Mac online for free. Apart from the fact that this method is totally free, your data may be compromised on their server, so it is always recommended to use an offline tool for such sensitive tasks and PDFelement is the best tool for such purposes.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!