How to Shrink PDF
Need to shrink PDF? PDF is a file format for capturing and transferring electronic files in exactly the original form. PDF is the abbreviation of a portable document format. This format usually or typically distributes read-only documents to all its users. This is mainly done to preserve their layout and primarily used for manuals, e-books, application forms, and scanned documents. The file layout may increase its file size. If you want to shrink PDF size, then you need a reliable PDF shrinker. This helps in more accessible publishing on web pages and sharing on social networks.
2 Methods to Shrink PDF offline
There multiple ways that you can employ to shrink PDF file size. They include offline and online. Here's a step by step procedure to help you get informed on offline compression with PDFelement.
Step 1: Open a PDF
After launching the application, upload the PDF file by selecting "Open files" on the Home window. In the new window, just select the PDF file and click "Open".
Step 2: Shrink PDF File Size
After uploading, click on the "Tool" > "Optimize PDF" button. In this page, you can choose the size you want to shrink PDF from Low, Medium, High quality.
After you set all the options, just hit "Apply" to start shrinking PDF file size.
Alternatively, you can remove unwanted text, images, objects, and pages to shrink PDF manually:
Step 1: Remove Unwanted Texts
You can easily align the text, bold or italicize the font, and change font size. Click on the "Edit" icon in the top-right menu. And you can start changing the document to your preferred choice.
For deleting texts, select the text you want to do away with and then choose the backspace or delete button on your keyboard.
Step 2: Resize or Remove Images or Objects
Select the "Edit" tab to enable the editing feature. Use your mouse to right-click the image and delete the image. Or you can adjust the blue border.
Step 3: Remove Unwanted Pages
Click the "Page" tab. Various options will appear on your right, including the ability to insert pages, delete pages, rotate pages, crop pages, and extract pages. After selecting the action, you need to save the result. This is simply done by navigating the file menu and choosing save as from the sub-menu.
There are many offline PDF editors but not as powerful as the PDFelement. It makes working with PDF tools amazing and fast. The feature doesn't interfere with the image quality when uploading. The aspect gives you an integrated interface designed to create engaging software. Its navigating tools and layout display its superiority in the PDF compressing and editing products. Contain features that make it stand out from other PDF editors, they include:
- Secure your PDFs with password protection.
- Ability to convert PDF documents to Word, HTML, text, and image files, etc.
- Open, print, or markup PDF documents.
- Resize, and rotate and shrink PDF files.
- Sign PDF files digitally.
- Edit scanned files with the OCR function.
- Batch process to convert, data extraction, and watermark.
- Insert page numbers, bate numbers, and page elements.
- Extract data from PDF forms and save them in CSV format.
PDFelement allows secure and high-quality work on all your files. It's affordable for any user who is new in the industry or an expert.
How to Shrink PDF Size Online for Free
- Step 1: Go to visit the hipdf official website. When you launch the website, tools like Compress PDF, PDF to Word, Word to PDF, PDF to Excel, Excel to PDF, and others will be visible.
- Step 2: Choose "Compress PDF" or click on "All Tools" > "Compress PDF".
- Step 3. Import your PDF file from your computer by clicking "Choose File" or drag and drop.
- Step 4: Select the compress degree you opt-in and choose the "Compress" button to shrink the PDF file online.
- Step 5: You can download the file after compressing it is complete. All PDF files uploaded will be permanently deleted from the servers within a one-hour duration.
Comparison between Offline and Online Tools to Shrink PDF
Offline shrink PDF tools:
These tools are reliable and fast. The app can edit the PDF file, a function that the online shrink tool can't perform. With the desktop editor, you don't have to wait for uploading time, and it is reliable due to its unlimited file size. They also add watermarks and backgrounds to make the PDF look more appealing. It contains a powerful integrated OCR tool, which helps in better image text capture. The fantastic thing about the offline shrink tool is its speed in conversion as it is 6x faster than the online shrink tools. The setback experienced is the computer hardware requirements to handle the operations of the offline tool.
Online shrink PDF tools:
It's a fantastic tool; this is made possible by the ever-growing internet speeds and accessibility. When you download the file after compressing it, the website will delete all the data from the servers permanently. Privacy and personal information are protected from external parties. The good part about these online tools is that there aren't ads that keeping popping up on other website platforms. The tools are free for everyone around the globe. This tool isn't compatible with editing or resizing objects.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Convert PDF Table to Excel
- How to Transfer PDF to Excel
- How to Embed PDF in Excel
- How to Convert Excel to Word
- How to Attach PDF in Excel