Top 10 File Compressor You Shouldn't Miss
Large files can take up a lot of space on your device, taxing both the computer's memory and its performance. File compressor eliminates this problem by significantly reducing the size of the file, making it easier to manage and share. But there are so many file compressors in the market that it can be very difficult to choose the right one for your needs. In this article, we take a look at the top 10 best file compressor to help you find the one you need.
5 of the Best File Compressor for Desktop
The following are the top 5 desktop file compressor to use on your computer:
This is one of the best tools to use when you want to compress PDF files. Designed to help users manage all aspects of the PDF document, this tool makes it very easy for users to compress PDF files into a relatively smaller size that can be easily managed. It is also a great solution to help you edit the PDF document in numerous ways including editing the text and images.
- Compressing PDF files is very quick and easy; all you have to do is upload the file or files and then using the "Optimize" feature to compress the file.
- It can be used to compress more than one file at the same time using the batch processing feature.
- It is very easy to use; with a very simple user interface that can be useful even for the beginner user.
- It has numerous other features that allow users to create, edit, protect, print, combine, split, share and convert PDFs as needed.
This is one of the most popular free file compressor in the market. Since it is an open source program, it is continuously receiving updates that further enhance its performance. It supports numerous types of data for conversion and supports all versions of Windows including Windows 10.
- It supports multiple conversion formats
- It is also very easy to use, with an easy enough to understand interface
- It can easily create self-extracting 7z files
- It allows for the creation of password-protected compressed files
- Only works on Windows
- It can use a lot of system resources
- When the file is unusually large, compression can take a long time
This is another very popular file compression tool that comes with numerous features that make it a great tool for file compression. Other than just being able to compress file, this tool also allows you to share and manage the compressed files very easily. It also doesn't hurt that this compression tool is also very easy to use.
- It allows for encryption of compressed files
- It is faster than other similar serves
- Allows for easier sharing of compressed files
- It is only compatible with Windows
- It doesn't support online storage systems
This compression tool that is widely popular thanks to the fact that it offers more compression formats than other tools. Although it can be used to compress nearly all types of files, it may be more suitable for compressing multimedia files. It also offers a high security, 265-bit password encryption system to keep the compressed files safe.
- Supports multiple languages
- Can be used to convert files from one format to another
- Some compressed files may not be easy to open
- It can have compatibility issues with some formats
PeaZip is free compressor software that is compatible with Linux and Widows. It is also open source program, it receives a lot of updates that keep it functioning perfectly. it supports up to 150 formats, far more than most free programs and includes additional features such as search thumbnail viewing and encryption of compressed files.
- It supports up to 150 formats
- It is free and open source
- The interface can be a little difficult to navigate
Top 5 Online File Compressor
Online tools can also be very useful and many of them are free and very easy to use. The following are the top 5 online document compressor to choose from:
This is a free online tool that is very useful when you want to compress PDF files. One of its biggest advantages, other than the fact that it is free is that is very easy to use. Once you access the website, all you have to do is upload the file and the tool will immediately begin compressing the file. You then simply download the file.
- It is free to use
- It is also very easy to use with a simple interface
- It can also be used to manage PDFs in numerous other ways including converting other document formats to PDF
WeCompress is an online file compressor program that you can use to compress all types of files including PDF, PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Like most online tools it is very easy to use; all you have to do is add the files you want to compress to the tools main webpage and the compression process begins immediately.
- It has numerous features and conversion tools for compressing various file formats
- It is easy to use and is very easily accessible
- It is very fast
- It allows for batch compression
- The free version limits the number of files that you can compress
This one is an online file compressor that will only compress Word documents. It is freely accessible on any browser and free to use. It is also quite easy to use; all you have to do is select the large Word file and the tool will compress it in a few seconds.
- It has a simple user interface
- It works to compress large files very easily
- It is free to use
- Sometimes compression will fail
- It doesn’t compress other file formats
- It limits the number of files that you can compress on the free version
As the name suggests, EasePDF is an online tool that you can use to compress PDF files. Like most online tools, it is easily accessible and very easy to use. All you have to do is upload the file you want to compress and the online tool begins the compression process immediately. It also supports batch compression.
- It is free and very easy to use
- It supports multiple PDF compressions
- It is easily accessible and loads easily
- Sometimes batch compressions don't work very well
SmallPDF is one of the most reliable online PDF management tools in the business. Its compression tool is very easy to use, allowing users to compress eve multiple PDFs easily and quickly. It is also 100% free and very accessible, not to mention it supports 24 different languages and has a whole host of other PDF management tools.
- It is very easy to use and easily accessible from any browser
- It is 100% free to use
- Supports uploading files from Dropbox and Google Drive
- It comes with additional PDF management features such as PDF conversion and editing
- You may have to register to use the service more than once
- Some features are limited on the online platform
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Insert PDF in HTML with 2 Methods
- How to Link a PDF File in HTML Code
- How to Convert PDF to HTML in PHP
- How to Create a URL for a PDF in 2022
- Convert PDF to HTML using Python