How to Compact PDF
It is really hard to deal with large-sized PDF files because it consumes lots of your PC's resources, hence making your PC slow. So, the experts suggest to compact PDF size if it contains lots of images, objects, and pages. In this post, we are going to list the best ways to compact PDF online and offline. So, without further ado, let's learn it below.
How to Compact PDF Offline - Step-by-Step
There are 2 ways to compact your PDF file with PDFelement.
- 1) Optimize it with the built-in optimizer that does it automatically.
- 2) Remove the unwanted images, objects, text, or pages using the edit tool.
So, first, we are gonna do it using the optimize feature. Follow the given steps to do so.
Step 1. Open PDF
To open the PDF file, click "File" > "Open" to locate the PDF file from your PC and click "Open" to open it. Or click the "Open files" button from the dashboard and locate it to open.
Step 2. Compact PDF
First, click "Tool" from the main menu and then click "Optimize PDF". Now, select your desired settings as you have the option to select 1 of the 3 settings such as High, Medium, and Low. After you have selected the settings, click the "Apply" button and the PDF file will be converted into a compact PDF file.
Alternatively, you have the option to remove the objects, images, text, and pages that you no longer need in your PDF file. To remove the unwanted objects from your PDF, check the step-by-step guide below.
Step 1: Remove Texts
Once your PDF file is opened, first, click "Edit" and then the "Edit" icon on the top right. Now you can edit or remove the unwanted text either in the "Paragraph Mode" or "Line Mode".
Step 2: Remove Images in PDF
To remove images or objects such as graphs and forms, right-click on that very object. A small popup menu will open that contains several options. Here you can rotate the image or objects, overturn them, extract or replace them, or simply delete them from the PDF file.
Step 3: Remove Unwanted Pages
If the PDF file has pages that are no longer needed, remove them by click on "Page" from the main menu. Now, select the pages you want to delete and click the "Delete" button to remove them.
After all the unwanted objects, images, and texts are removed, save a copy of the compact PDF file to your PC.
So, friends, these were the 2 ways to compact PDF size.
PDFelement is a software that comes with dozens of advanced and useful features. With it, you can create, edit, stylize, sign, and resize PDF files with full control and ease. Let's have a look at some extensive features below.
- Create PDF Files - it enables you to create PDF files from other files, as well as, from scratch. It is really very easy to create PDF files and you can usually do it with a single click.
- Edit PDF Files - Editing a PDF file with PDFelement is like a piece of cake. You click the "Edit" button, select the object, and just change or remove it.
- Convert PDF Files - With it, you can convert PDF files to Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT, and a plethora of other formats. Not only this, but you can also convert from other formats to PDF with a single click.
- Comment and Review - With it, you can add comments to PDF files, as well as, review them.
- Signatures - You can easily add digital signatures to the PDF files you have received which means you do not need to print them which saves your printing and paper cost.
- One-Click Form Creation - It is one of the most important features as it enables you to create highly-customized forms with a single click. And yes, you can also fill any type of PDF form without printing it.
- OCR - OCR (Optical Character Recognition) is one of the most extensive features that enables you to convert your scanned PDF files into an editable format.
Top 3 Tools to Compact PDF Online for Free
hipdf is one of the most reliable online tools to compact PDF size within no time. It is free-of-cost and very fast that literally takes no more than a couple of minutes to Compact a PDF file. Along with that, there are dozens of other features that can be used for free.
Smallpdf is yet another online tool to compact PDF files, as well as, to perform several other tasks. It's secure, user-friendly, and fast. You can compact PDF files of up to 5GB for free with Smallpdf.
ILOVEPDF is an extensive PDF online tool that can be used to compact PDF file size. Not only this, but it is also loaded with some other useful tools such as a file format converter, PDF organizer, PDF editor, and a tool to repair PDF files.
Final Words: So, these were the easiest ways to compact PDF file size using offline and online tools. We recommend doing it using an offline tool as your sensitive data can be compromised if you do it online.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Extract Images from PDF with Acrobat
- 2 Efficient Ways on How to Save a Word Doc as a PDF
- The Best Way to Export Excel to PDF
- How to Create Multi-Page PDF
- How to Make PDF from Photos