How to Convert PDF to URL Link Online Free
To convert a PDF to a URL link online for free, all you need is a web-based PDF conversion service. Several of them are available with a simple Google search, but the best ones aren't always ranked high on Google. One web service you can consider for this purpose is Hipdf, a free online PDF editor with several modules for PDF conversion and other tasks. This is a recommended utility to convert PDF to URL link online free because of the conversion quality. Why is that important? The reason is that a URL link if first converted properly from a PDF file into HTML or HTML5 format, will be web-friendly and responsive. If that's what you want and you're looking for a free option, read on.
Convert PDF to Link Online
Hipdf offers a powerful conversion engine that will accurately translate your PDF information to clean HTML code. This output file can then be uploaded to a web server or file-sharing service, following which a URL can be generated for sharing purposes. Here's how to do it using Hipdf and an existing cloud storage service such as Google Drive or Microsoft's OneDrive.
- Step 1. Head to the hipdf PDF to HTML conversion page and drop your PDF document into the browser tab. Alternatively, you can get to that page by going to the hipdf home page, clicking on "All tools," and selecting the "PDF to HTML" module.
- Step 2. Once your document is imported, you'll see the "Upload completed" message next to your filename.
- Step 3. Click the blue "Convert" button and wait for the conversion to be done. You can now click on "Download" to get the converted HTML file.
- Step 4. Now upload the HTML file to any signed-in cloud storage service and copy the share link to your clipboard.
This URL can be pasted into an email or a browser address bar. It will render responsive content based on what device it is being viewed on. Hipdf is an accurate PDF to URL converter online, but other factors are also considered.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Converting PDF to URL Link Online Free
There are some pros and cons to doing it this way. Let's look at both:
- Fast and free.
- No downloading or installing any software.
- Reliable conversion speed and accuracy.
- Not as secure as using a desktop utility - information is shared over the Internet.
- An unstable connection might lead to aborted conversions.
- Requires high-speed Internet for fast conversion speed.
Although the convert PDF to URL link online free method is certainly enticing, it does come with its own risks, such as the data being intercepted and hacked while en route to the cloud server where the conversion happens. To avoid that problem, you can consider using a desktop utility like PDFelement.
Convert PDF to URL Link on Desktop
Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is an excellent option to convert PDF to URL offline, which keeps your data secure during the conversion. To take it a step further, we recommend uploading the resulting HTML output file to your own web server using the site's FTP tool. If needed, you can get someone from your IT department to help with the upload. This is especially crucial if the document contains confidential or sensitive information that only authorized users must view. Here's what to do to convert a PDF to a URL.
Step 1. Open the PDF file
Import the PDF file using the "Open files" option. You can also drag and drop the PDF file from Explorer or Finder into the software interface.
Step 2. Click "To HTML"
Below the "Convert" tab at the very top, click the "..." box and then select the "To HTML" option.
Step 3. Select Output Folder
You'll see the "Save As" window pop up, where you can hit "Save" or tweak additional settings and parameters before confirming the conversion. Set your target folder for the output HTML file here as well.
More Features of Wondershare PDF to Link Converter
Now you know the process, let's look at some of the other PDF features:
- Editing - All texts, images, and other objects in a PDF file can be edited, changed, removed, etc.
- Annotations - Several markup and review tools are available for you to provide feedback to collaborators on the document.
- Protection - PDF security features like digital signatures, password encryption, and watermarking can be used to protect precious data from falling into the wrong hands.
- Conversion - convert PDF files to many other formats like Office files or images. You can also convert other file formats to PDF.
- Forms - Comprehensive tools are available to create and fill forms, digitize scanned forms, sign forms, etc.
- OCR - This Pro feature lets you edit a non-editable PDF (scanned or photographed) by converting the file into its digital equivalent.
- Comparison - Compare two PDF files to quickly find out the differences between the files.
- Batch Jobs - Batch processes like conversion and OCR can be performed on multiple files in one session.
Create A Downloadable PDF Link
If you need to convert a pdf file to a downloadable link, you can easily do it with built-in text editor in Windows.
Open the HTML file
Create a html file with lines like the screenshot below by using any suitable editor you want, such as Windows' Notepad Text Editor.
Create a Hyperlink
Type "Click here to download the PDF" to make a hyperlink that allows users to download it directly. If it is located in the HTML file's folder, you must replace "PDF_Name.pdf" with the PDF file's name. Is your document located somewhere other than on your desktop? Then, you need to enter its route to be able to locate it.
Indicate a title for your document. The navigator will store it with the name you chose.
Test the Hyperlink
Once you create the site, keep the alterations to the main code of it. When you access the webpage, tap on the link, and it will automatically be saved into your workstation.
FAQs About PDF To Link
1. How to Share a PDF as a Link?
A fantastic way of sharing a PDF as a link is by simply uploading it to Google Drive. If you don't have an account, visit the Google Drive website and create one. Once you complete that step, click on "New" on the left side and select the "Upload files" option from the drop-down menu. Upload the PDF, and once finished, right-click on it and select "Get Shareable Link" to get it.
2. How to Link a PDF in Google Slides?
First, take a screenshot of the original PDF page or a representative image and save it to your PC as a JPG image. Open your presentation in Google Slides and find the slide where you plan to insert the PDF.
Attach it by ticking the option in the superior area of your screen. The next step is selecting the Image option, which will appear in the list of options to upload one. Once you add, you can tap on "Link" and copy the URL of the PDF you want to be linked to. Finally, click "Apply," and you'll be done.
One Final Point to Consider: As we briefly touched on at the beginning of this article, a PDF file is intended to maintain the original's static layout no matter what device it is viewed on. That makes it easy for distribution, but it doesn't address the need for dynamic content that most web users are now accustomed to. For example, just uploading a PDF file to a file-sharing service and generating a URL that way will only give you a shareable link to the original document. On the other hand, converting it to HTML5 will make it highly responsive so the layout can be adapted to the available screen space, the required resolution, and so on. So, whether you're using something like hipdf to convert PDF to URL link online free or choose to go with a desktop alternative like Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, the idea is to always convert the file to HTML before distributing it for web use.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- 10 Editable PDF to Word Converter Online - Convert & Edit
- How to Encrypt PDF Online
- Best Online Tools to Use to Remove Password from PDF
- How to Protect Your PDF File With a Password Online Easily
- Top 5 PDF Makers Online in 2022