How to Fix Keys Not Working on macOS 10.15 Wired Keyboard
It feels really bad when you are busy doing some important work on your Mac but suddenly ends up with a faulty wired keyboard which not only affects your work but also affects your tempo. So, if some keys stopped working on Apple wired keyboard on macOS 10.15, you can easily troubleshoot them by reading this tutorial. Let's learn how to troubleshoot wired keyboards that don't respond on macOS 10.15.
How to Troubleshoot Wired Keyboards that Don't Respond on macOS 10.15
1: Check USB Connection
There might be an issue in USB connectivity, so, unplug all the devices from your Mac which are connected through USB such as a scanner, printer, external hard drive, camera, and the keyboard too. Then plug your keyboard only to check whether it works or not. If it works, start plugging all the devices one-by-one to verify there isn't a problem with any other device. If plugging back Keyboard doesn't work, then try troubleshooting it with other given steps.
You may also check the system report to make sure if your computer is reading from USB ports or not. To do that, click About This Mac from Apple Menu. Then click USB in the left sidebar to check which devices are being read by your computer.
2: Change the USB port
Sometimes a device doesn't work on a specific USB port but works perfectly on the other one. So, try changing the USB port to check if it works. If it works in another port then you may need to service your laptop.
3: Remove the extension cord or USB hub
If you have connected your USB keyboard via an extension cord or USB hub, remove them and check your keyboard by plugging it directly into the computer. Sometimes, the USB hub or extension cord may become faulty which results in the stoppage of other USB devices.
4: Contact with Liquid
If unfortunately, you have splashed water on your MacBook and the water has direct contact with your MacBook's inner hardware then you should immediately turn-off your Mac and dry it out. Water or any other liquid can damage your hardware or a specific functionality permanently. Once you dry out your laptop, check if the keyboard is working. If not, you may need to get your laptop checked by a hardware expert.
5: Check with another keyboard
Try arranging another keyboard from a friend temporarily for testing purposes. If it works well then you need to change your keyboard.
6: SMC Reset
If none of the above-mentioned tricks work, try SMC Reset. To fix a broken Mac keyboard on macOS 10.15 via SMC reset, follow the given steps.
- Shut down your computer and unplug its power and all peripherals.
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds and then release it.
- Re-attach the power cable and turn on the computer.
7: PRAM Reset
PRAM reset may also be a handy trick to troubleshoot wired keyboards that don't respond on macOS 10.15. Follow the given steps to perform a PRAM reset.
- Shut down your computer and restart it.
- As soon as the computer restarts, press and hold the Command, Option, P, and R keys simultaneously before the gray screen appears.
- Keep them holding until your computer restarts for the second time. Once you hear the startup sound, release the keys.
If none of the given keys works, try to get your computer fix by a hardware expert.
Well, these were the tips to troubleshoot wired keyboards that don't respond on macOS 10.15. You might also be interested to learn about the best PDF editor for macOS 10.15 in 2022. Let's find out.
Best PDF Editor for macOS 10.15 in 2022
PDFelement for Mac is the most powerful and the best PDF editor for macOS 10.15 which lets you perform all your official and document-oriented tasks professionally. It comes with zillions of wonderful features and functionalities that takes charge of your business and saves a lot of your time and resources.
- Using PDFelement on macOS 10.15, you can create and edit your PDF documents within a couple of minutes. Just click on any place on the PDF file and insert your desired text. Just click on any pre-written content and remove/edit it like a boss.
- Along with that, you can create fully-customized fillable forms. Not only can you add dropdown text, radio buttons, and checkboxes but also stylize your forms and other text.
- PDFelement on macOS 10.15 lets you secure your PDF files with digital signatures and other security options. Also, there are plenty of user permissions to allow or disallow a specific user from using your PDF files.
- PDFelement is undoubtedly the best PDF Editor for Mac on macOS 10.15 in 2022 and it is a must-have tool for you to add value-added services in your business.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Troubleshoot macOS 10.15 Office Issues
- How to Fix Major Keynote Issues on macOS 10.15
- How to Back up your Mac before upgrading to macOS 10.15