Capture Holiday Moments in a Video or Photo to Win $200
Time-Limited Holiday Deals Await. Get PDFelement at up to 60%.
The holidays are right around the corner, and Christmas cheer is in the air. Everyone is running helter-skelter to stock up on food for the festive season, gather their loved ones for family photos, and organize annual get-togethers.
Another exciting part of Christmas is writing and sending out Christmas cards. However, you might have a hard time knowing what to say. Here are some inspirational ideas on what to write on a Christmas card. Let's get started, shall we?
In this article
Part 1. Tips for Writing a Christmas Card
For starters, you ought to know how to craft bespoke Christmas cards. Well, here are some valuable tips you could use when writing a Christmas card:
- Plan ahead to give yourself ample time to write and send Christmas cards to your loved ones.
- Inject holiday cheer and boost your creativity by listening to festive music and decorating your space.
- Always ensure you start your message with an endearing salutation.
- Use your handwriting to sign off the card and give it a personal touch.
- Assess your relationship with the recipient and use it as a guide to craft your message.
Part 2. How To Find Blank Christmas Cards
Luckily, you don't have to go through the hassle of designing a Christmas card from scratch. There are nice platforms and tools like the Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor that make your work easier by allowing you to download blank Christmas cards from the PDFelement Template Mall.
Here are the steps to type sayings on Christmas cards using Wondershare PDFelement.
Step 1 Navigate to the homepage and Click "PDF Template."
Step 2 Scroll down the list on the Template Mall and click on "Card." Scroll till you find a Christmas card template that you like. Click on it and select "Edit Now" to download the template.
Step 3 Click the "Edit" button to type on the card template. You can also add texts, images, links, etc., by selecting the corresponding icons under the Edit tab.
With PDFelement, you can edit any Christmas card with one click. Watch the video below and find one of the best PDF tools in the world.
Part 3. Things To Write on a Christmas Card
Writing a Christmas card is easier said than done. One of the most important things to include is a Christmas greeting or salutation.
This greeting will depend on your relationship with whoever is receiving the card. You could use sentiments and warm comments to personalize your card if you are very close. However, if you are writing a business Christmas card, keeping it professional would be best.
For the religious folk, a Christmas card is the perfect opportunity to incorporate an appropriate scripture or Bible verse that ties in with the overall theme. The last step would be to write a warm, personalized closing remark.
Part 4. Best Christmas Card Greetings and Sayings
A beautiful card doesn't mean much when beautiful words don't accompany it to warm the recipient's heart. Here is a compilation of the best Christmas greetings and sayings to include in your festive cards to your loved ones.
1) 15 Christmas Card Quotes
Christmas card quotes can range from classic festive greetings to non-denominational quotes to sentimental ones that make the backs of your eyes sting with emotion. If you are wondering what to write on a Christmas card, the following is a list of Christmas card quotes to make it more meaningful.
- This holiday and always, we wish you much love, health, and joy.
- May the festivities be filled with laughter, joy, and peace.
- Happy holidays, from our family to yours, and a Happy New Year.
- Sharing the season together is the greatest gift of all!
- Heartfelt holiday greetings from mine to yours.
- Wishing you peace, love, and laughter in the New Year and many years to come.
- Our holidays are much more joyous knowing you are a big part of our lives.
- Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- May your joy be immense and your bills be small.
- Find happiness in the little things this Christmas.
- All I want for Christmas is you.
- Spreading some holiday love this festive season.
- Warm wishes for a happy holiday.
- Season's greetings!
- Happy everything this holiday season!
2) 15 Funny Christmas Card Sayings
'Tis the season to be jolly and share a few heartfelt jokes with your close friends and family. We have compiled a list of funny christmas card sayings to crack the ribs of anyone who reads them.
- That fuzzy feeling isn't just the Christmas spirit. You better check if you left the oven on.
- If I had to choose between you and Santa, I'd choose you. There is something creepy about an older man breaking into my house to leave me gifts.
- Wishing you a Merry Christmas! Oops! I forgot it's your shift.
- The best way to celebrate Christmas is to sing loudly off-key, so everyone can get away from you.
- I told Santa that you were good this year. He died laughing.
- Santa hides behind a large beard, has no income, and can afford to give away billions of gifts. I think that's a bit weird.
- I could say that all I want for Christmas is you. However, I needed a new pair of red bottom heels this year.
- Please don't embarrass yourself during the Christmas work party. You wouldn't want to start hunting for another job on Boxing Day!
- Merry Christmas! But first, let's take an elfie.
- May the Christmas season fill your life with everything you leave on your wishlist.
- Since Christmas only comes once a year, I better bring some good beer.
- You'll like this present that you gave me last year!
- I couldn't afford a Christmas present this year, so I wrapped myself up for you.
- Mentally, I am ready for the festivities. However, I'll never be financially ready.
- If you got a Christmas card from me, it means you are still on my list of favorite people. Congratulations!
3) 3 Christmas Poems for Cards
Instead of short Christmas card notes, you could take your Christmas card a notch higher by drawing inspiration from one of the three poems we have recited below.
Year round joy
- Christmas is full of shiny things
- That sparkle, gleam and glow;
- These holiday pleasures dazzle us,
- And yet, deep down we know….
- That Christmas has its special gifts,
- But our year-round joy depends
- On the cherished people in our lives,
- Our family and our friends.
- By Joanna Fuchs
Source: Poetry Foundation
- We're thinking of you
- hoping this is your best Christmas yet,
- full of your favorite holiday pleasures.
- May the foods taste delicious,
- bringing happy nostalgia
- for all the Christmases past.
- May the decorations dazzle, glitter and glow.
- May the gifts you give and get
- be exactly the right thing.
- May you delight in the warmth of love.
- creating even stronger bonds
- with family and friends.
- Merry Christmas! May this Christmas
- live happily in your memory forever.
- By Joanna Fuchs
Source: Poetry Foundation
- This Christmas
- may you have the fulfillment
- of seeing around you
- the people you love the most.
- May you have the satisfaction
- of creating special memories
- they will remember with pleasure
- This Christmas.
- may you feel peaceful and contented,
- knowing what Christmas means,
- and celebrating it your way.
- By Joanna Fuchs.
Source: Poetry Foundation
4) 5 Christmas Bible Verses for Cards
Apart from religious quotes, you could include the following appropriate Christmas bible verses for cards.
- But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, so that he might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive adoption as sons. Galatians 4:4-5
- Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! John 1:29
- Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! 2nd Corinthians 9:15
- For to us, a child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
- Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Matthew 1:23
5) 10 Religious Christmas Card Sayings
The festivities are an excellent time to share your faith with fellow believers. Below are examples of religious Christmas card sayings you could write.
- Christ in Bethlehem was born. Hosanna to the King!
- Peace be with you as you celebrate the gift of the love of the Messiah.
- God bless you and your family with love, peace, and joy this festive season.
- Hallelujah! Christ was born today. Make a joyful noise!
- Unto us, a child was given. He has come to bring peace and love to all humankind.
- Let this Christmas warm your heart and that of your family as the Holy Spirit warms mankind.
- From the light of the world to the smallest star, let the Lord's spirit light your way this coming year.
- Feel the warmth of God's love this festive season.
- Tonight, a glorious child was born in a manger!
- May the harmony of Christmas and the joy of the Lord remain in your heart today and always.
Source: Homemade Gifts Made Easy
6) 10 Ideas About What To Write in a Christmas Card for Mom
Moms put a lot of effort into ensuring our tables are full of delicious food and our homes are warm and welcoming. Here are a few suggestions for a Christmas card for mom.
- You'll always have a special place in my heart. Love you, Mom!
- Merry Christmas from your little peanut.
- I wish I could be there to celebrate Christmas with you, Mom- but I'll give you a jingle soon!
- I can't imagine a better Christmas gift than to have you as my mom. Happy holidays!
- Part of my heart will always be home for the holidays. I miss you, Mom!
- 'Tis the season to thank Mommy…..for everything!
- There is no place like home during the holidays because of you, Mom!
- Thanks, Mom, for all the years you have made my Christmas magical.
- I appreciate you for always decking our halls with happiness.
- It is the most wonderful time of the year, and you are the most wonderful mom!
Source: Pinterest - @CardsByDavia
Spread the holiday cheer this year with beautifully crafted Christmas cards. Now that you know what to write in different situations for different recipients, you have no reason not to send out as many Christmas cards as you can manage. Find the best Christmas Card tips to help get the best messages out there!